Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Jewel to Brisbane is my guess. Being a financial partner in the new cruise terminal means that Royal will home port a ship there. Jewel is a good size for that market and also for the ports she would call at (mostly Pacific islands).

Royal have been promoting heavliy in Sydney of late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jewel to Brisbane is my guess. Being a financial partner in the new cruise terminal means that Royal will home port a ship there. Jewel is a good size for that market and also for the ports she would call at (mostly Pacific islands).

A Rome to Brisbane cruise could be fantastic....,

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I don't think it will be. Nice thought but I can't see Dubai getting relaunched.

Explorer looks good with a nice change of ports.

I'm on Rhapsody, so if that gets cancelled I'm not sure what to do.

Explorer is a good option but also looked at Ovation in Alaska and Celebrity has some good options.

Vancouver to Yokohama or Barcelona to Buenos Aires would be a change

P&O,MSC etc are into Dubai now.

Jewel email

Dear Travel Partner,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel your clients’ Jewel of the Seas October 30, 2019 sailing in order to accommodate the new 2019-2020 winter itinerary. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes and for the impact on your clients’ vacation.

Being that they completely cancelled it, rather than just adjusting the final disembarkation port, makes me believe she will going somewhere other than the Caribbean.

Dubai or Brisbane as mentioned make sense.

Someone grabbed it the day Royal moved it to March.

You woulda thought Royal would of held the previously booked cabins until the deadline imposed by them.....but NO.

Glad I called early and was able to keep 9256.

Friends got 1602 and I wondered why that was.

Being that they completely cancelled it, rather than just adjusting the final disembarkation port, makes me believe she will going somewhere other than the Caribbean.

Dubai or Brisbane as mentioned make sense.

Rhapsody was down under for a while and Radiance is still going. Jewel would be a good addition.

Wonder where Ovation would go to after Alaska, or will Aus have room for more ships.

New terminals have to be used

Jewel could be a candidate for Brisbane.

If the new cruise terminal is not ready the cruise lines where hoping to use the mini facilities at the Grain Terminal as a temporary measure. The smaller the ship the easier this would be do.

If Jewel left Rome on Oct 30, after the last scheduled Med cruise, she would arrive in Brisbane by mid December, a late start for the season but in time for the holiday season. This late start would reduce the risk of the new terminal not being ready. As you say, they could use the grain terminal as a backup, but not ideal for passengers.

Glad I called early and was able to keep 9256.

Friends got 1602 and I wondered why that was.

I would of had to call a few minutes after the email to of kept cabin 1100. Since it was a backup.....I rode the storm til the end hoping Royal would release 2020 small ship Caribbean by the deadline.

Rhapsody was down under for a while and Radiance is still going. Jewel would be a good addition.

Wonder where Ovation would go to after Alaska, or will Aus have room for more ships.

New terminals have to be used

Sydney currently has 4 ships: Ovation, Explorer, Voyager and Radiance. We know Explorer is leaving.

Guesses: Ovation and Radiance continue the current Sydney - Alaska seasonal pattern.

Quantum replaces Voyager in Sydney. (Spectrum goes to China).

Jewel comes to Brisbane (second guess is Voyager). If this is right, where would she go in the northern summer? Alaska? Singapore?

Australia would still have 4 ships in total with a slight increase in capacity (roughly 500 pax).

I would of had to call a few minutes after the email to of kept cabin 1100. Since it was a backup.....I rode the storm til the end hoping Royal would release 2020 small ship Caribbean by the deadline.

I don't know who's in charge, but the customer service department is not up to it.

So much for protecting the guest.

A new direction is required. With Mariner and Jewel twice and possibly Rhapsody, they need to sort themselves out or people will leave.

On top of that, the web site is crap

Sydney currently has 4 ships: Ovation, Explorer, Voyager and Radiance. We know Explorer is leaving.

Guesses: Ovation and Radiance continue the current Sydney - Alaska seasonal pattern.

Quantum replaces Voyager in Sydney. (Spectrum goes to China).

Jewel comes to Brisbane (second guess is Voyager). If this is right, where would she go in the northern summer? Alaska? Singapore?

Australia would still have 4 ships in total with a slight increase in capacity (roughly 500 pax).

Seems reasonable. You might get another when Spectrum goes to China.

I do think Ovation will do another Alaska season.

I don't know who's in charge, but the customer service department is not up to it.

So much for protecting the guest.

A new direction is required. With Mariner and Jewel twice and possibly Rhapsody, they need to sort themselves out or people will leave.

On top of that, the web site is crap

With the average age of a Royal customer being on the older side.....changing the website every few years would not be a desirable decision if I was CEO. Plus releasing this before its not ready/tested is a failure of their duties to stockholders.

Royal are apparently not a partner anymore in the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal.

Now just Carnival and Port of Brisbane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's interesting. Do you have a source you can share?

Apparently the ACCC will make a decision in April about this - unfair advantage.

Carnival want first pick of 100 days, this being up to 4 days per week.

Apparently the ACCC will make a decision in April about this - unfair advantage.

Carnival want first pick of 100 days, this being up to 4 days per week.

Don't forget Carnival also want right of veto over a 2nd berth at the terminal!

Thanks for sharing. Maybe Royal wasn't prepared to stump up enough cash to secure preferential booking access.

The ACCC's draft decision indicates they will accept Carnival's request for preferential booking in return for financial commitment to the project, but will not allow first right of refusal for access to any future second berth.

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/draft-decision-on-port-of-brisbane-and-carnival-agreement

This might cool Royal's enthusiasm about committing a ship to Brisbane, but I believe they will anyway given that Sydney OPT is fully utilised and there is no committed plan for a third terminal in or near Sydney.