Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Royal figured out all their loyal to Royal cruisers sailed during this time. Why not jack up the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then everyone books a refundable and cancels before final payment. Then rebooks after the price drops.

Not good business sense.

What is Explorer going to do after she arrives in Miami?

No information on that yet. The remaining Caribbean deployment will be released by mid of April 2018. I’d personally reckon she’s doing the 5/9 nighters from Miami, down to the ABC islands that Navigator used to do in recent years. She, however, seems to get a new short cruises deployment.

Seems the Northern Europe cruises from Southampton in 2019 are more than the previous years, at least by Explorer.

Whereas the last years only one or two cruises to Norway/Scandinavia etc. has been offered now there's many more. Three Baltic cruises in June, July and August on Explorer and two Norway cruises are a good mix overall. :)

Interesting that Explorer seems to access Stockholm directly on her Baltic cruise. Further I really like her Transatlantic via the Southern Caribbean islands back to Miami. :)

Only thing I am missing is a real Fjords and Iceland cruise from Southampton. The only cruise covering Iceland is the Transatlantic on Serenade from Copenhagen to Boston.

RCI is missing the great itinerary Celebrity offer's...Ireland, Iceland & Scotland.

Saw the Eastbound TA has finally shown on the website but won't let you book, phoned rccl and they say even though it's on the site it's not live till the 10th. However rccl US can book it if you phone them!!!! But with the prices shown on the UK site with exchange rate it is coming up as approx £1000 more to book through the US, so gonna have to wait till at least the 10th to see if the prices shown on UK site are true or if they have glitched.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I agree they don't have enough cruises to Iceland. On Thursday March 8th Disney is releasing an almost same tour but that will be very expensive. It goes from Dover to Copenhagen. Even NCL does not appear to be doing Iceland.

However, Today I booked the Explorer to the Canaries for Oct 2019. There seems to be a nice variety and I picked the one that goes to Morocco as well. So very happy. Reasonable compared to Indy I was supposed to take this year but moved to Bermuda on Adventure.

I almost missed these releases because I checked around noon today and saw nothing posted. Just like last year they appear in late afternoon of a Tuesday of the week of release.

Boy that Explorer gets around!!! It has done Bayonne, Alaska, Australia and now over in Europe for 2019. It is the ship that keeps on giving. I actually almost re booked the Indy but with the upgrades sounds like the ship will be more crowded. Besides I wanted to go on good old Explorer for a 3rd time.

What is Explorer going to do after she arrives in Miami?

No information on that yet. The remaining Caribbean deployment will be released by mid of April 2018. I’d personally reckon she’s doing the 5/9 nighters from Miami, down to the ABC islands that Navigator used to do in recent years. She, however, seems to get a new short cruises deployment.

I was wondering the same thing. Which ships will be doing Southern Caribbean from Florida? As you noted, the fact that Explorer is heading to Miami seems logical. But with RCI, who knows. I think Serenade use to do S. Caribbean from PEV. I can't image RCI giving up both of those itineraries as they seems like they are very popular.

deleted

Nope, the poster above is correct. It is the Explorer.

14 Night

Southern Caribbean Transatlantic Leaving From: Southampton, England onboard Explorer of the Seas

Visiting: Southampton, England | Cruising | Basseterre, St. Kitts | Roseau, Dominica | Bridgetown, Barbados | St. Johns, Antigua | Cruising | Miami, Florida

I was wondering the same thing. Which ships will be doing Southern Caribbean from Florida? As you noted, the fact that Explorer is heading to Miami seems logical. But with RCI, who knows. I think Serenade use to do S. Caribbean from PEV. I can't image RCI giving up both of those itineraries as they seems like they are very popular.

There is no reason to expect Royal to abandon those itineraries. Explorer has a TA ending in Miami and Serenade has a repo ending in Fort Lauderdale.

What chances are that Explorer Of The Seas Transatlantic will get cancelled so the same upgrades could be applied to Explorer like what happen to Mariner? She could have a drydock and sail back empty.

Explorer already has many of the upgrades.

What chances are that Explorer Of The Seas Transatlantic will get cancelled so the same upgrades could be applied to Explorer like what happen to Mariner? She could have a drydock and sail back empty.

And Explorer isn't due for another dry dock until 2020, so I don't think they'll bring her in a year early.

There is no reason to expect Royal to abandon those itineraries. Explorer has a TA ending in Miami and Serenade has a repo ending in Fort Lauderdale.

Luke - Thanks for the note. So there is a chance we could see both doing the Southern Caribbean.

RCI is missing the great itinerary Celebrity offer's...Ireland, Iceland & Scotland.

But I must say RCI is providing a better Northern Europe program than Celebrity does! X just offers a few Norway cruises at the beginning and the end of the season, and apart from the Iceland/Atlantic cruise in mid of August all the other cruises to Iceland are also offered in the beginning of the season, that’s too early.

I rather hoped for some similar cruises Princess offers from Southampton. Iceland in July or August, North Cape and Norway, less Med cruises at least on one ship.

RCI already deploys two from Southampton...

Explorer showing Southampton to Miami Ta on 5th Nov '19

14 night £1750 for 2 pax

Good ports

Southampton

St Kitts

Roseau

Barbados

St John Antigua

Miami

I like this TA as it has a few new ports for me.

I agree with the pricing for the Southampton cruises...it seems a lot more expensive than in previous years. :eek: