Enchantment of the Seas - rusty

Just got off Enchantment yesterday. Crew are amazing! Ship is so worn and dirty. Was told by our waiter that after her dry dock she will be sold. He was sad that RC will not be putting out any new smaller ships. We sailed Harmony in Feb and it's truly amazing but doesn't compare to smaller ships.

Just got off Enchantment yesterday. Crew are amazing! Ship is so worn and dirty. Was told by our waiter that after her dry dock she will be sold. He was sad that RC will not be putting out any new smaller ships. We sailed Harmony in Feb and it's truly amazing but doesn't compare to smaller ships.

I know nothing about the buying, selling, and depreciation of cruise ships, but absorbing the overhead of a drydock seems awfully pointless if the ship is intended to be sold immediately after.

I know nothing about the buying, selling, and depreciation of cruise ships, but absorbing the overhead of a drydock seems awfully pointless if the ship is intended to be sold immediately after.

As drydockings are statutory, if the seller was to "defer" a drydocking because of a plan to sell, no buyer would buy the ship without it having completed the statutory inspections at the required times.

Just as a note regarding the OP's observations about the hawse pipe being rusty and needing paint, most of that rust is from the anchor and chain, that bleed down onto the paint, not a rusty hull.

That is correct. Just makes for a poor photograph IMHO. I've often seen spot painting on the hull when docked. And it always seems they pick the day I don't​ get off the ship at a port to chip and paint the railings near the pool. The paint has a very strong odor.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

Where was the wear and tear noticeable? In your room or public areas? "Hiding" the wear and tear is usually something RCI is pretty good at. I booked right before dry dock; something I normally wouldn't do on any ship, but timing and price worked.

Isn't she going to Galveston

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, unfortunately true. I think June 23rd is her first sail from there. Just wishful thinking she could have come back here.

Soo...instead...how about another Vision class, or Radiance class (my favorite :D) or a Voyager as a third option would be sooo nice! :hearteyes:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

And so what does your "waiter in the know" think about the list of bookings available all through the middle of next year and into

2019 from new home port Galveston for Enchantment?? :o

Edited by island lady

Just as a note regarding the OP's observations about the hawse pipe being rusty and needing paint, most of that rust is from the anchor and chain, that bleed down onto the paint, not a rusty hull.

Yep.

The result of anchoring twice a week at Coco Cay.

And yes, she does anchor.

enhance

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

And so what does your "waiter in the know" think about the list of bookings available all through the middle of next year and into

2019 from new home port Galveston for Enchantment?? :o

No need to be snarky. I don't think he meant she's being sold immediately after dry dock but probably within the next couple of years.

Maybe someday RC will listen to you. :D;)

Galveston won the prize. Sigh...so now will have to dream of getting an alternative mid size ship other than Enchantment coming back to us.

We just keep hoping here....maybe...we will get lucky someday! :)

Ship is so worn and dirty. Was told by our waiter that after her dry dock she will be sold.

No need to be snarky. I don't think he meant she's being sold immediately after dry dock but probably within the next couple of years.

Ah...OK...thanks!...that clears it up. ;) :)