re meat pies

43 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The brand is Elmsbury. As far as I can find, they are produced exclusively for Aldi, I wouldn't be surprised if they are linked with Herbert Adams pies, which have very similar pies and packaging.

Thanks Mic. I'll have a look. 

53 minutes ago, yarramar said:

That makes sense as Herbert Adams is owned by Patties who are the biggest pie maker in Australia.

Another point to consider. https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/food/shoppers-bizarre-find-in-her-aldi-meat-pie-c-1207711

Yep saw that but that wasn't one of the gourmet range.

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The brand is Elmsbury. As far as I can find, they are produced exclusively for Aldi, I wouldn't be surprised if they are linked with Herbert Adams pies, which have very similar pies and packaging.

The packaging is just to trick you 😂. You see it even with Woolies and Coles homebrands they always try to make them look like popular brands. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

On 3/31/2023 at 12:44 PM, ilikeanswers said:

The packaging is just to trick you 😂. You see it even with Woolies and Coles homebrands they always try to make them look like popular brands. 

Probably all made by Patties, they produce pies under many labels.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeking Pacific Highway recommending for pies, pasties and sausage rolls.  We are

driving home to GC tomorrow two days.  We stayed at Goulburn Bakery on way down. 
Any recommendations for fish and chips en route welcome although we have two.

Wont be an early departure with today 3c feels like 2c!  Happy Easter everyone from

a Canberra early Autumn!

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Seeking Pacific Highway recommending for pies, pasties and sausage rolls.  We are

driving home to GC tomorrow two days.  We stayed at Goulburn Bakery on way down. 
Any recommendations for fish and chips en route welcome although we have two.

Wont be an early departure with today 3c feels like 2c!  Happy Easter everyone from

a Canberra early Autumn!

Welcome to sunny Autumnal Canberra, chilly mornings,  beautiful days.

In winter it wonderful to be in the sun and out of the wind, not quite  as good when in the wind and out of the sun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

An interesting article about pies being served at a wedding reception - Holly and Peter Served Meat Pies at their Wedding

What a great idea. I wonder  if they had apple pies for desert or apple and rhubarb even better?

I catered for many weddings, parties, anything, a few years back (has it really been twenty three years?), never had anyone ask for pies. They would be a bit hard to do on a spit roast.🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Fairy bread for dessert?

Sounds like kids’ birthday parties.

Actually I have been to a wedding (in rural Tasmania) where fairy bread was served in the dessert buffet. It was really popular. 

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

When I was at school & uni, I worked at KFC. We quite often got large catering orders of up to several hundred pieces of fried chicken for weddings. Occasionally the order included chips! Even as a teenager, I thought this was gross.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Anyone had pies etc from Nabiac, with its big best pies sign, on Pacific Highway?

Karuah, north of Newcastle, on the river off the highway, was perfect stopover en route to Gold Coast from Canberra.

Are Freddos pies still operating up at Frederickton, up that way? Always a good stop for a good dog's eye.

Edited by NSWP

12 hours ago, possum52 said:

Actually I have been to a wedding (in rural Tasmania) where fairy bread was served in the dessert buffet. It was really popular. 

Or straight from the 60's, mash spud/potato salad in a slice of devon, gross. Went to a wedding once where they served these, admittedly around, 1970, lol.

587751930_th(7).jpg.00e5565bdc6830f34a853fe8c884e5da.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Are Freddos pies still operating up at Frederickton, up that way? Always a good stop for a good dog's eye.

Thanks!  Fredericton is closer to Port Macquarie.  We are at Forster, took the scenic route along Lakes Way - Nat Parks, lakes and beaches it has it all - just beautiful region!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yeah but also at the Kempsey Inte4change now you by pass Kempsey and Fredo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Anyone had pies etc from Nabiac, with its big best pies sign, on Pacific Highway?

Karuah, north of Newcastle, on the river off the highway, was perfect stopover en route to Gold Coast from Canberra.

Not for a while but they weren’t bad last time I was there Bulladelah also had som3 great ones.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yes still there. Thanks Les. Found Frederickton.  I just had steak and kidney pie and my daughter had traditional. Delicious with thin pastry. Also bought raw honey and pink sticks.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Not for a while but they weren’t bad last time I was there Bulladelah also had som3 great ones.

Yes Bulladelah was packed when we drove down.  Pies looked thick crusted.  people were having breakfast which looked good.  We just had coffee. My daughter bought small jars of

Tomato sauce and marmalade perfect for travellers

• Like 2