re meat pies

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

somebody  said SOUP........     will have to look at making pea and ham soup again

for lunch... served with well buttered toast.......

must be getting cold out there..........   Don

I just buy a can of ye olde Heinz pea and ham loop de loop for $2.50, easier Don.

Just now, NSWP said:

I just buy a can of ye olde Heinz pea and ham loop de loop for $2.50, easier Don.

I know Les.... but a like it thick.... spoon should stand up...... also something satisfying about making your own.... then freeze it in one serve containers.....

Also it is relaxing stirring and looking out the window......

Have the best BBQ chicken last night... chips and chili sauce for dipping and washed down JC fizz...... it was wonderful.......

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Just had a 'beef and barossa shiraz' pie for morning tea, very nice

Sounds good Mic, another pie day, cool and pouring with rain, like the past 4 days.

• Like 1

Not a pie in sight!  Had early Mother's Day lunch with my daughters at The Spirit House at Yandina.  Recommend anyone holidaying at the Sunshine Coast book ahead at this world class restaurant in the most beautiful tropical setting .  The wait staff are suburb, happy to explain all the menu items in detail.  

I need your critique on this place Marion.  How's the food?  We have a week in Noosa booked with the family late June and son in law has booked a lunch for the adults at Spirit House.  Very much looking forward to it.

Also noticed there is a ferry along the river in Noosa so I'm planning a trip on it to help ease my cruising itch. 

18 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

I need your critique on this place Marion.  How's the food?  We have a week in Noosa booked with the family late June and son in law has booked a lunch for the adults at Spirit House.  Very much looking forward to it.

Also noticed there is a ferry along the river in Noosa so I'm planning a trip on it to help ease my cruising itch. 

There are so many inviting meals to choose from at Spirit House, it pays to research on the internet first.  We had nine different meals between us and we were all happy with the food.  I recommend you choose the individual menu, $95 for 3 meals or $110 for 4 meals. They are happy for you to share (we only parted with a spoonful).  They have a large drinks menu.  In addition, you can buy frozen take away curries.

Oh I love that day ferry trip along the Noosa River to the Everglades.  We hired a houseboat once which was fabulous.  

15 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

There are so many inviting meals to choose from at Spirit House, it pays to research on the internet first.  We had nine different meals between us and we were all happy with the food.  I recommend you choose the individual menu, $95 for 3 meals or $110 for 4 meals. They are happy for you to share (we only parted with a spoonful).  They have a large drinks menu.  In addition, you can buy frozen take away curries.

Oh I love that day ferry trip along the Noosa River to the Everglades.  We hired a houseboat once which was fabulous.  

A potato and meat pie, chips and coke at ye olde Ginger Factory would be cheaper, lol.pie.jpg.ab502a35cc0d830d7e379a1b6dea8835.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Thanks for your input on Spirit House Marion.  Much appreciated.  Yep, I'm aware of the $$$$ but this will be a celebration of 2 milestone birthdays (my daughter's and mine) so why not lash out a bit?

And no, a meat pie just wouldn't do the job on this occasion.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Definitely but would it be as nice

I am not into flash restaurants, max $30 a plate for moi. But if you have it, spend it.

I have not spent my NSW Govt $25 dining vouchers yet, better get into them before they expire on 30 June 2021.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I am not into flash restaurants, max $30 a plate for moi. But if you have it, spend it.

I have not spent my NSW Govt $25 dining vouchers yet, better get into them before they expire on 30 June 2021.

used ours for first time this week at Penrith Golf Club - had a nice steak s/w & chips (not fries) & Tracey had the perch with veges. Thanks Gladys 🙂 No photos sorry - I'm not a food photo taker 

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

A potato and meat pie, chips and coke at ye olde Ginger Factory would be cheaper, lol.pie.jpg.ab502a35cc0d830d7e379a1b6dea8835.jpg

I'm sitting here relaxing with a Ginger Beer Spiced  and Rum after our big day at the Markets.  Our favourite Japanese Restaurant at Noosa Junction was closed so I had Japanese lunch ($19) at another one.  

The Spirit House is continually booked out I believe, with only Sunday nights being lighter bookings.  

Unless you are wealthy, Spirit House is only for very special occasions.  We were all delighted with our food choices and are still raving about the experience, so feel it was good value.  

5 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Thanks for your input on Spirit House Marion.  Much appreciated.  Yep, I'm aware of the $$$$ but this will be a celebration of 2 milestone birthdays (my daughter's and mine) so why not lash out a bit?

And no, a meat pie just wouldn't do the job on this occasion.  LOL.

Happy birthday to you and your daughter.  I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time savouring the excellent food and the tropical atmosphere.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Happy birthday to you and your daughter.  I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time savouring the excellent food and the tropical atmosphere.  

Many thanks Marion.  Yes, we are all very much looking forward to our meal at Spirit House.  And why not lash out?  LOL I have far more birthdays behind me than in front of me so live while you're alive I say!

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Probably nicer in my opinion.

Miss Gut, as she used to be, hasn’t had a honeymoon yet and was getting nervous about their trip to Tassie next month.

So her and Hubby headed out to Dubbo for a few days R&R, bought me a couple of cold pies from what used to be a great shop in Merriwa, will report back when they have been demolished. Chunky Lamb and Mint and Chicken Morney.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

My favourite pie if from a good bakery.

Batehaven Bakery near me has them. But I make my potato pie at home, get the GF pie and put that instant mash spud - Deb, on top, a couple of dollops of mushy peas as well, Harry De Wheels style.

th.jpg.3d76c36151ae2bbcf103b0c5f0191c5d.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

My favourite pie if from a good bakery.

Me too but I haven't found a good one since a local deli who baked them closed down years ago. I really miss their potato top pies.