re meat pies

5 minutes ago, finchy1950 said:

And there was me thinking this was supposed to be all about Cruising! How wrong I was.

Well, we can't cruise so we have to find other things to amuse us. 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

You must be new.

But you will note GoFish, started this thread asking about meat pies, he (or she) was quickly answered, the thread wanders around a bit, as conversations do, and now and again returns to pies.

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

The thread's title clearly says "meat pies" so you shouldn't be surprised by the topic 😂

Absolutely correct. 

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, finchy1950 said:

And there was me thinking this was supposed to be all about Cruising! How wrong I was.

This thread was kicked off in July 2017 by an American asking if he could get a meat pie near his hotel in Sydney CBD. 237 pages later, he she is still getting advice, but we do go off the rails, but what's new. The nice moderators tolerate us, thank you.

• Like 2

My son and I have just got home this arvo after attending a niece's wedding on the Gold Coast.

We stopped at Fredo's in Frederickton going up and coming back as it seems nicely placed for having lunch between home and Queensland. Both time I had the minted lamb as well as (today) a spinach and feta sausage roll. The minted lamb pies are so good I don't try any of the others although in years past I have brought some home. Fredo's also had a special of 10 pies for $20 in a frozen pack. Unfortunately for me they were sold out.

My son just had a normal sausage roll which he enjoyed but he's not really into food and doesn't know what vegetables are, but strangely, enjoys cooking but only for other people. He wasn't looking forward to the wedding dinner (breakfast? Is it still called that?) as it was all vegetarian and vegan but found a few things he liked. One was crumbed, deep fried, cauliflower. I heard a few people say they really liked it and that it didn't taste like cauliflower.

5 hours ago, finchy1950 said:

Meat Pies... Kangaroos and Holden Cars..... it is Australia...

Just somethings about a Meat Pie in a bag  with little squeeze block of sauce.....

and still have a Holden in the Garage

Don.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, finchy1950 said:

If you were to see the age of a lot of the posters, you would understand how we may drift off topic occasionally.. 🤔😁

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

My son and I have just got home this arvo after attending a niece's wedding on the Gold Coast.

We stopped at Fredo's in Frederickton going up and coming back as it seems nicely placed for having lunch between home and Queensland. Both time I had the minted lamb as well as (today) a spinach and feta sausage roll. The minted lamb pies are so good I don't try any of the others although in years past I have brought some home. Fredo's also had a special of 10 pies for $20 in a frozen pack. Unfortunately for me they were sold out.

My son just had a normal sausage roll which he enjoyed but he's not really into food and doesn't know what vegetables are, but strangely, enjoys cooking but only for other people. He wasn't looking forward to the wedding dinner (breakfast? Is it still called that?) as it was all vegetarian and vegan but found a few things he liked. One was crumbed, deep fried, cauliflower. I heard a few people say they really liked it and that it didn't taste like cauliflower.

Where is Frederickton?  That is a new one on me.  

13 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Where is Frederickton?  That is a new one on me.  

Just near Kempsey, Fred’s pies has been there forever, now you bye pass it and they have an outlet in the service centre at the Kempsey Interchange, they have dozens of varieties of pie.

6 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Just near Kempsey, Fred’s pies has been there forever, now you bye pass it and they have an outlet in the service centre at the Kempsey Interchange, they have dozens of varieties of pie.

Thank you.  I may not have been there because we take the coastal routes from South West Rocks to the coastal Heads.  I know Kempsey.  It is always good to know a good pie shop when you are travelling.

21 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Here is the map showing its location and a link to its website.

image.png.1b6383162a907c59a6cb7eb969c55eda.png

That's the spot. If you time it right you may get some pies straight from the oven. They also have alfresco tables there so you wont have to worry about crumbs in the car. Or dine in subject to COVID distancing.

Just finished my road trip to mid-west NSW. My daughter called it a pie quest. Had my hopes raised by reviews for Denman Bakery.  Alas it was closed due to baker being in hospital. Hope it wasn't from one of his pies. Pie quest was a fail. Not one pie stood out. Not even at the National Arboretum in Canberra. Looked good but no taste. Called in there to donate one of my late wife's books which is going into their rare book library.

image.thumb.png.7af509ad722ef0fb0291da8ba23570dc.png

10 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

Just finished my road trip to mid-west NSW. My daughter called it a pie quest. Had my hopes raised by reviews for Denman Bakery.  Alas it was closed due to baker being in hospital. Hope it wasn't from one of his pies. Pie quest was a fail. Not one pie stood out. Not even at the National Arboretum in Canberra. Looked good but no taste. Called in there to donate one of my late wife's books which is going into their rare book library.

image.thumb.png.7af509ad722ef0fb0291da8ba23570dc.png

That was a good idea.  Was the book about plants?