re meat pies

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

What overseas holiday gets you a week off work? I mean Oktoberfest is at least 16 days but I don't think you get time off work unless you take your annual leave.🍺😁

It takes us the best part of a week to fly anywhere and back. Especially with a stopover.

56 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I'm pretty sure Chinese New Year is a week long public holiday🤔

China has Golden week  twice a year, one of the best times to visit especially, Shanghai and Bejing, is the week following them as the air is cleaner due to the factories being shut for the week and the cities are quieter..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Can we get off pumpkin and back to good old meat pies.

Next time I go to mums, the local pie shop is advertising slow cooked lamb shank pie. So if Mrs Gut suggests fish and chips, she may get a surprise.

Pumpkin Pie perhaps?????🤔🤔

3 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Pumpkin is technically a fruit.

Technically, knowledge is knowing it’s a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad (indeed the only fruit pie I really like is good old apple pie).

On 5/14/2021 at 11:32 AM, Blackduck59 said:

What overseas holiday gets you a week off work? I mean Oktoberfest is at least 16 days but I don't think you get time off work unless you take your annual leave.🍺😁

When we did a coach tour of Europe, some years ago, we were in Munich in September and went to an Oktoberfest place, so it starts in Sept. Why not Septemberfest then? 🍺

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

When we did a coach tour of Europe, some years ago, we were in Munich in September and went to an Oktoberfest place, so it starts in Sept. Why not Septemberfest then? 🍺

If you take more time than it takes to quaff a quality pint pondering why Oktoberfest is in September you are thinking about it too much Uncle Les. Ours is not to wonder why, just drink the beer and party. Of course you will be excused for drinking cider instead😁

• Haha 1

Because it was originally in October about a lot of years ago. Big party to celebrate the marriage of Prince someone to Princess someone.

Note: I should get credit for remembering some of that learnt around those big glasses of beer.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 6:20 PM, Docker123 said:

Because it was originally in October about a lot of years ago. Big party to celebrate the marriage of Prince someone to Princess someone.

Note: I should get credit for remembering some of that learnt around those big glasses of beer.

It is a sight to behold those German beer 🍺 wenches carring two x One litre steins of Lowenbrau or Becks 🍻 , in each hand mind you.

Wunderbar Herr Adrian !

Edited by NSWP

Or try a pie on a bap.

A bap is, at its simplest, a bread roll. At its more complicated, it is tender pillow of dough, often made with milk, lard, and butter. A more humble, Scottish version of the brioche. The bap is the ideal bread for a simple meat sandwich.
  • Like 1

A barm sounds very similar to a bap. Barm is the Lancashire word for yeast.

"A barm cake is a soft, round, flattish bread roll from North West England, traditionally leavened with barm. Chips are a popular filling, sold in most fish and chip shops in the North West of England and often called a chip barm"

• Like 1