re meat pies

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

See what I mean, way too much salad.

Some beetroot and onion would be ok, but none of the lettuce and tomato rubbish, too unhealthy.🤣

Edited by NSWP

Pie Burger ????

I like pie and I like burger but not together.... still haven't got over a pie in pea soup..

Looking on the net... a found something OMG

You use pizza's as buns so one on the top and one of bottom

with  four beef patties, two fried chicken fillets, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and special sauce in between  and this was in Sydney.... I would except this the US....

what happen to Steak, chips, egg, onion and chips  ( no can''t have too many chips )....

with a pint of Ale.

Cheers Don

• Haha 1

Well, we saw those tomato sauce pies in the Coles freezer. I hadn't told Rolf about them beforehand and his reaction was priceless: "No, just no! That's just weird!". Needless to say we didn't buy them but we did buy some Alfours potato top pies to try. Hope they're nice.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well, we saw those tomato sauce pies in the Coles freezer. I hadn't told Rolf about them beforehand and his reaction was priceless: "No, just no! That's just weird!". Needless to say we didn't buy them but we did buy some Alfours potato top pies to try. Hope they're nice.

Have you tried the Garlos 🥧 pies from Coles pie cabinet?

How were the Balfours potato pies? They have been around a while.

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Where did you stay in Eden uncle Les?

Anywhere special?

Stayed at Sapphire Waters Motor Inn at Merimbula, excellent hosts, modern motel, plenty 

of room and facilities, half hour from Eden. $125 pn, 4 star. I ate at Lakeview Hotel near Bridge, excellent value, ribs, oysters, vino, the whole business.

Just an easy 3 hr drive from here inc a 20 minute coffee stop at  Bega. So from Sydney easy 7 hrs.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Stayed at Sapphire Waters Motor Inn at Merimbula, excellent hosts, modern motel, plenty 

of room and facilities, half hour from Eden. $125 pn, 4 star. I ate at Lakeview Hotel near Bridge, excellent value, ribs, oysters, vino, the whole business.

Just an easy 3 hr drive from here inc a 20 minute coffee stop at  Bega. So from Sydney easy 7 hrs.

We stayed in Eden but it wasn’t much to talk about.

I wonder what kind of shore excursions will be on offer from Eden?

Has anyone got whats on offer?

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They only have a photo tour as a shoreexcursion.

The cheese factory is only 45 minutes from Eden, that would make a interesting shore excursion.

Bega Cheese visitor centre, sales, tastings, cafe, museum etc is still covid closed. I checked personally on Tuesday. Well wortha visit though, ships shorex have included it on a Eden port visit.

But I agree not a lot to do for shorex. The whales watch boat and there is only one which is limited to about 50 pax from memory, no good when you have. 3000 pax ship arrive!

th.jpg.864a422d288201e0701872d733d91ec2.jpg

Edited by NSWP

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We stayed in Eden but it wasn’t much to talk about.

I wonder what kind of shore excursions will be on offer from Eden?

Has anyone got whats on offer?

Quite a few ships have called in at Eden in the past chili. Always the pokies at the fishos club and country club, lol. Golf, bowls, darts, plenty of adventure.

I thought the cheese factory would be closed at the moment.

That rail line they where thinking of building to the Monaro would have been a nice day trip. Up over the mountains and back.

But that won’t be happening.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

There is a better  chance  of teleporting  before that rail line is actioned.

Extension of the rail line south from Bomaderry...Nowra to Batemans Bay at least would be a better idea. Has been raised but not in the 30 year transport infrrastructure plan for down here. We just got a 280 million dollar bridge at Batemans Bay and another on way at Nelligen, plus another planned for Moruya bypass, big bikkies.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

A better chance of them dropping the cruise ban in the next week.

NOT

This time next year we will still be discussing the 🚢 cruise ship ban, mark my words. Not those piddling 100 person expedition jollies, but the real ships we love.

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

Tried the Garlos pies from Coles. Really like the curry beef and the beef and mushroom. Balfours potato pies are ok prefer those from local bakeries.

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

This time next year we will still be discussing the 🚢 cruise ship ban, mark my words. Not those piddling 100 person expedition jollies, but the real ships we love.

What ,all those ships sitting off Singapore will be lining up to come in the heads?

I better take my finger off the cancel cruise button,it’s starting to get itchy.

3 hours ago, dillpickle48 said:

Tried the Garlos pies from Coles. Really like the curry beef and the beef and mushroom. Balfours potato pies are ok prefer those from local bakeries.

Scotts pies from Coles used to be the pick of the frozen pies for us but just recently we don't know if it's just our imagination but they seemed to have shrunk in size and lost some of their taste. As if they decided to downgrade the pies rather than put the price up, they lost us.

On 5/20/2021 at 6:21 PM, NSWP said:

On 5/21/2021 at 8:47 AM, dillpickle48 said:

We haven't tried the Balfours pies yet. I'll keep an eye out for the Garlos pies. Unfortunately our local bakery, which does make excellent pies, doesn't make potato top ones and I do love those occasionally.