Where is Liberty and How are Things On board?

Today's Update...8-31-2017...Getting Into and Out of Galveston......

Gasoline is Fast Becoming Unavailable in Texas..... --

Re: Most places in Dallas/Richardson/Plano/Mckinney are out of gasoline. Diesel still widely available. $2.50 is the prevailing price but regular is uniformly out. So $2.90 premium is what you get. I filled up before the hurricane landed. Not sure how the school bus logistics will work, though. --

Modern civilization appears to be very robust but is actually very fragile and depends completely upon readily available gasoline, diesel, electricity, pure water supplies and operating sewer plants.

Remove any one of those key components and chaos happens immediately.

This is why the EMP threat is considered Doomsday. And I absolutely agree that it would be.

Remove any of those components listed above and civilization panics and immediately goes into hysterics.

In San Antonio, we have 2 vehicles. I filled up one yesterday when all was still normal and calm. The other was only half full. So, hearing some news of lines forming I went to the 3 big gas stations near my house. All already had.. no gasoline.

I then went to pick up my grand kids from school to take them to their house.

I am normally gone 1 hour and 15 minutes each day to do this. Today it took 2 hours and 15 minutes. Most gas stations already have no gas but any that do...then lines immediately form and these gas lines then spill out into the street for blocks and take out a traffic lane, so traffic immediately becomes snarled. Some in line won't make it to the pumps before the gas is depleted.

The school districts all issued alerts to parents and the media that due to traffic jams forming around every gas station still having fuel, kids would be 45-60 minutes late getting home. Er, I saw a school bus still dropping kids at 6:45 pm. And when the bus fuel supplies are depleted???

Home school???

Many here will remember the gas lines of the 1970's...I sure do...today in San Antonio and Dallas were just like that. A friend who travels the rural areas for a car parts dealer said the small towns are already mostly out of fuel because city folks drove out into the country and drained them dry. It is a full blown panic.

I pity anyone who had low gas supplies in any vehicle today after 10 am. That vehicle is now worthless.

Of course the Mayor went on TV and said, "Don't fill up if you don't need gas." Yeah, right.

Soon we will see fill on "alternate days based on plate number" and "no more than 10 gallons per purchase"...watch and see...

Because of the large amount of refinery capacity idled by Harvey...this could spread outside of Texas very soon...

Good luck all...( If you are in Texas and have a vehicle that is not filled to capacity...do that...now.)

Being from NY, we lived with this after Hurricane Sandy....No gas for about 2 weeks! We did have to go the alternate plate system and the lines were crazy. I work in healthcare and our hopsital actually supplied tractor trailers filled with gasoline so that essential employees could get to work, we actually filled our cars stright from the tanker truck. Crazy! I wish all the people of texas a speedy recovery!

You can conserve your gas by keeping your revs under 2,000 rpm, reduce your AC usage, brake and accelerate more softly. Tips learned from when gas was over $5 a gallon back in early 08!
...and shut off the engine while waiting 45 minutes to fill up. [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Can't open your link -- do I need some sorta program to view it?

No, you should just be able to view it through your browser, unless that particular link only works when it was live.

But if you want to view it on periscope on your mobile device, you can download the Periscope app, and then search for "internetwhiz" under People to see all of Karen's broadcasts from this cruise.

Or you can go to https://www.periscope.tv/internetwhiz which is her profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An update on my family that were on the Liberty. They have left the ship, picked up their car and are now on the road toward home. They said the road out of Huston toward Dallas is fine. Just a slowdown in downtown Huston. They plan to spend the night in Denison TX tonight and finishing the drive tomorrow. They said RCCL was great to them on the ship.

An update on my family that were on the Liberty. They have left the ship, picked up their car and are now on the road toward home. They said the road out of Huston toward Dallas is fine. Just a slowdown in downtown Huston. They plan to spend the night in Denison TX tonight and finishing the drive tomorrow. They said RCCL was great to them on the ship.

So glad the car is drivable. That must be a great sigh of relief!:D

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's great news! Thanks for coming back to give us an update.

Would like to hear from folks who parked their cars in Galveston and what they found when they returned. Took a b2b on LOS last October, and parked in the Port's lots and hoped folks returned and found their cars in good shape.

We use Galveston Park & Cruise. Wondering how they fared?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty sure in this thread, or the other one, people that got off in Miami and returned said cars were ok...

Great. One part of their lot is above street level, and the other is on the street. Good to know, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums