Where is Liberty and How are Things On board?

with conditions.....

August 30, 2017

PORT CONDITION: Recovery

The Captain of the Port has opened the Port of Galveston (Galveston ship channel) and surrounding area to all inbound/outbound vessels with a draft of 33ft or less in daylight only. All vessel traffic will be coordinated with the USCG and the Vessel Traffic Systems.

Well, Liberty meets those conditions.

Someone asked about people onboard upgrading rooms. A couple of people that stayed on Liberty in my FB group for this cruise just posted that they moved to a grand suite and another moved to a JS free of charge today. Good for them!!

Score.

Someone asked about people onboard upgrading rooms. A couple of people that stayed on Liberty in my FB group for this cruise just posted that they moved to a grand suite and another moved to a JS free of charge today. Good for them!!

Extended cruise and now an upgrade? Can it get any worse? ;p

Umm, they have a perfectly functioning cruises ship, sitting in Galveston (come Friday) it is going to do something the next 7 days it might as well cruise. The ship is not (significantly) touched by the storm... why would they ignore that asset?????:confused: There will be people who do whatever it takes to go on their cruise. Why would we denigrate their vacation. They may have waited all year, and the ship is sailing and they want their vacation. Why is that wrong? Why should the cruise line say, there is suffering you can't take your vacation, even though we are happily ready to take them? They are helping people in the places that they will visit. They will help the people of Houston, as they will gain tax revenues and fees to get to the harbor.

I don't get why people want the world to just stop. It never stops. RCI is a cruise line that sails it ships everyday. That is what they do. Don't trash them because they do what they do. People take vacations. That is what they do. Don't trash people because they take vacations.

I assume every person who posts here is someone who loves to take vacations, why would you trash others taking vacations? That is perverse and sick to me.

JMHO and YMMV

JC

Way to go JC!!! s3lcg4.jpg

I used to work the country's largest food service company. We sold milk that had expiration of a month.

The milk I buy (SkimPlus) has at least a one month expiration date. And don't tell me the chefs onboard are not able to bake bread. Heck, I can bake bread.

Get two points per night for the three day trip from Miami to Galveston?:eek:

I'm waiting for the one post and done members who complain about not getting the extra points on the extended nights of the cruise.;)

It looks like they are planning to have all the ships come in together tomorrow.

Liberty is due in port at 04:45, Carnival Freedom at 05:00 and Carnival Valor is showing 06:12.

Carnival Breeze that is also scheduled of a 3 Sept. next cruise is docked in New Orleans with no current scheduled departure.

As far as IAH flight getting back in service, there are currently a total of 11 flights in the air heading for the airport. The only international flight operating today is Turkish Airlines from Istanbul.

HOU has not flights in the air as operations have not yet commenced.

( http://www.flightradar24.com )

I believe RCCL is giving points for extra cruise days because I just got a green Emerald sticker from RCCL in my cabin. 100 cruise days right?-I had 88 at start of cruise

I think 80 is diamond and 55 is emerald. So.... not sure what you are getting...

JC

I no longer buy milk at Shoprite as it turns sour a day or two after I buy it. This has been going on for years and I'm tired of taking it back. That is what led to my milk comment.

I only buy any dairy at Walmart as it will last a bit over a week. I guess we don't get fresh milk here in the eastern mid atlantic. I've never heard of or had any milk last a month. I guess you learn something new every day.

I no longer buy milk at Shoprite as it turns sour a day or two after I buy it. This has been going on for years and I'm tired of taking it back. That is what led to my milk comment.

I only buy any dairy at Walmart as it will last a bit over a week. I guess we don't get fresh milk here in the eastern mid atlantic. I've never heard of or had any milk last a month. I guess you learn something new every day.

Yup, on the West Coast, we can get Ultra Pasteurized milk from a local dairy that easily lasts a month. It is also the milk I use for our 12 day Search and Rescue Academy as I don't have to worry about expiration. I also buy 2 different kinds of bananas. Ready which are slightly green and not ready which will be ready toward the middle.

I see Carnival's ships are headed along behind each other at 10 knots. Liberty shows no knots, just BS behind the name. Does that mean "Bobbing in the Sea"?

I see Carnival's ships are headed along behind each other at 10 knots. Liberty shows no knots, just BS behind the name.

MarineTraffic showed almost 18 knots for Liberty, but like the data on the Carnival ships that's old info. Surprised any of them have info even that new (8 hrs for Carnival and 2 hrs for Liberty) since I didn't think there are any AIS receivers in the Gulf. I think the BS is for where the ship is registered (Bahamas for Liberty and Panama for Carnival ships (PA after the ship name))

It looks like they are planning to have all the ships come in together tomorrow.

Liberty is due in port at 04:45, Carnival Freedom at 05:00 and Carnival Valor is showing 06:12.

Carnival Breeze that is also scheduled of a 3 Sept. next cruise is docked in New Orleans with no current scheduled departure.

Well, unless something changes tonight, no one will be in port at those times. Port of Galveston states daylight hours only right now and sunrise isn't until 6:57.