Getting low on Eggs and Meat- wish I could cancel

ScottChez

I got one planned in a few weeks , too late to buy insurance.

Then I got a text form some one at sea now, said they ran out of Eggs for Breakfast and no longer have some meats on the buffet as they are running out of fresh foods.

Then I read this that said they are going to an other port for more supplies.

Yep, next time I will get insurance.

http://abc13.com/travel/20000-cruise-ship-passengers-stranded-in-gulf/2341493/

You would have to have "cancel for any reason" insurance in order to make a claim, as your claim is not valid at all for covered reasons. You are using the weather of a current cruise to justify the weather of a future cruise.

The cruise line is doing the best they can do. Mother Nature is just being testy at the moment.

Then I got a text form some one at sea now, said they ran out of Eggs for Breakfast and no longer have some meats on the buffet as they are running out of fresh foods.

So do you think they will get eggs for 3 weeks? Never travel hurricane season without insurance

They run out of things all the time. One cruise ran out of bananas. Old ones were too old (lots of banana pastries that cruise) and the other ones were rejected for being too green.

Another cruise the Alchemy Bar ran out of their usual ingredients. Lots of creativity by the end of that cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

??? First of all, I've never seen a cruise run out of eggs or meat so that's unusual if it's true. Curious if the person tried the MDR or another dining option to see if they have eggs.

Second, if you had cancel for any reason insurance, it usually covers up to 75% of the trip cost. Would you really cancel your vacation and sacrifice 25% of the cost of the trip because 3 weeks before your cruise they ran low on eggs and some meats on the buffet??? They do re-stock the ship every week

I highly doubt they have run out of any food yet. They haven't even completed their seven days yet. Maybe Monday or Tuesday if they don't replenish but it looks like they are going to be doing that.

Not sure how insurance would help you. But they will have more than enough food for your cruise.

I highly doubt they have run out of any food yet. They haven't even completed their seven days yet. Maybe Monday or Tuesday if they don't replenish but it looks like they are going to be doing that.

Not sure how insurance would help you. But they will have more than enough food for your cruise.

On one of our Behind the Fun tours, the officer in charge of stores told us they always carry enough food for 3-4 days beyond the expected length of the cruise just for situations like this. Some items may run low or indeed run out but there should always be edibles for several days past the expected end of the itinerary. Or so we were told..... ;)

isnt it possible that they are rationing a bit in case they are there for an extended time? Thousands of cruises every year and its extraordinarily unusual for them to 'run out of food' without extreme circumstances.

insurance because you would cancel your cruise because of the situation on a different cruise at a different time that is stranded ? really? really really?

this makes me laugh, not at you op but at the person giving you the info. The ship's aren't even supposed to be back in port until tomorrow but today the cruise ship is running of meat and eggs. Also they wouldn't be rationing things since they will be replenishing shortly.

Is this a joke? Has to be.

It's the risk you pay for traveling the Caribbean in hurricane season. Even non-hurricane areas are subject to bad weather. As someone who grew up on the Gulf coast of Texas, I am very weather aware no matter where I travel. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best!

On one of our Behind the Fun tours, the officer in charge of stores told us they always carry enough food for 3-4 days beyond the expected length of the cruise just for situations like this. Some items may run low or indeed run out but there should always be edibles for several days past the expected end of the itinerary. Or so we were told..... ;)

I was on the Freedom 1 month ago and was told/heard more than once from staff that they always have 2 weeks of food supplies on board. If the ship isn't even due in until tomorrow normally I find it hard to believe they are running out of food. Weird

Sent from my iPad using Forums