Majesty of the Seas Drydock 1/24-2/4 2018

ew101

I'm happy to hear that they plan to keep Compass Deli.:)

Now, if only they could retrofit a Solarium ...

Maybe the longer dry dock is to make an Enchantment type stretch version . Not likely, but that doesn't stop me from rumor mongering.

FYI- I was just informed majesty of the seas is going into dry dock in Feb so all cruises have been canceled. This causes MAJOR problems for us, but what can we do:loudcry:. Just haven't seen it posted here yet so thought I would post.

Lol.....when I searched majesty dry dock nothing came up. So I posted that then it got moved here. I'm gonna go read what talks thoughts are, but y'all, were MAJORLY screwed.

I would like to know....when did you all find this out, as I JUST did and people have been booking for the last few months

We received our email today that the Feb 5th Majesty was cancelled. Extended dry dock. We are on the Oasis the week before, planned to spend one night at Cape Canaveral then board the Majesty ( We were going to use our Royal Caribb VISA points for a "free" cruise. We are offered the 4 night Enchantment OTS at the same cost . Zero from zero is zero. It goes out of Miami. We did it, retired, what the heck ! Had to change air . Fly to Orlando for the Oasis cruise but out of Ft Lauderdale to home after the Enchantment. We got $100 OB credit. I just finished making all the details....change hotel, car rental, air............We really like the Enchantment so we are happy!

Please put me at ease....advantages to enchantment over majesty in your opinion are.....?

No March 6th, the first schedule sailing is March 5th. Need any help let me know, I am a TA

UPDATE: Just booked a 3 day cruise for a March 2, 2018 sailing.

I inquired about the cancelled Feb. sailings and all the RCCL agent could tell me was that the MOS was having some necessary maintenance performed and that they were adding some enhanced features. Also, that the improvements were going to take longer than originally anticipated.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will be finished in time for our March cruise,because our Sept. 9th cruise on the MOS was cancelled due to Irma.

Just called to see if they would price protect a January 2018 MJ cruise but no dice. Only cruises on the EN

I have a word I'd like to use, but my post would probably be deleted! :halo:

I have a word I'd like to use, but my post would probably be deleted! :halo:

This is why I started booking backup cruises which unfortunately I did not do this time. Now if I want to go on the ship I picked and the port that I picked it will cost me more money then back when I originally booked it.

This is why I started booking backup cruises which unfortunately I did not do this time. Now if I want to go on the ship I picked and the port that I picked it will cost me more money then back when I originally booked it.

So RC's policy is working.:rolleyes:

So RC's policy is working.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately for Royal, my backup cruise is on a different line. I like Royal, and I really like the Majesty, but they are no longer my exclusive line anymore.

I got conflicting info on where Chops would be. Some say where the compass deli is and others say in the Viking Crown. I haven't checked for updated deck plans yet.

The original plan, as previously told by John Denton in June, was for the Compass Deli location. The kitchen facilities are right there and it would be an easy change over on a regular dry dock schedule. Now with the extended dry dock schedule, there is time to put it in the Viking Crown Lounge where there are very little cooking facilities. And the Compass Deli would not have to be sacrificed. This is kind of how Capt. Goran explained it to us in September.

Rick and Deirdra

Please put me at ease....advantages to enchantment over majesty in your opinion are.....?
More public space, larger cabins, Solarium, larger pool deck, Park Cafe, Chops, two story dining room, Diamond Lounge, Concierge Lounge, Trampolines, better elevators, balcony cabins, aft cabins, better layout,

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

More public space, larger cabins, Solarium, larger pool deck, Park Cafe, Chops, two story dining room, Diamond Lounge, Concierge Lounge, Trampolines, better elevators, balcony cabins, aft cabins, better layout,

thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

On the downside she's 200 miles south of PC :(

Which is why the trade out was not to our advantage here in PC. :(

Dearly miss the sweet Enchantment. :o