Not enough sea days

oldmovieguy

It may just be us but a lot of cruises seem to pack the ports in whereas we prefer to chill with a few sea days, don't get us wrong, we like to see different places, just not every day. Can anyone recommend a line or cruises which breaks things up a bit?

Many thanks

If one wants sea days there are crossings.

For those who haven't cruised much always remember they want port days. I know in our early days of cruising we wanted all port not realizing how enjoyable sea days could be.

But there are definitely itineraries out there with sea days.

Keith

If one wants sea days there are crossings.

For those who haven't cruised much always remember they want port days. I know in our early days of cruising we wanted all port not realizing how enjoyable sea days could be.

But there are definitely itineraries out there with sea days.

Keith

Our first cruise was chosen totally on ports

Second a combination of ports and entertainment (one of the first Rock the Boat type cruises)

Since then it's been sometimeson itinerary, sometimes on the ship.

Our first cruise was chosen totally on ports

Second a combination of ports and entertainment (one of the first Rock the Boat type cruises)

Since then it's been sometimeson itinerary, sometimes on the ship.

This makes perfect sense to me.

I always say choice is good and there is a lot of choice out there.

Keith

Transatlantic cruises have lots of sea days.

Circle Hawaii cruises round trip from the west coast have lots of sea days.

There are even some 10 and 11 day round trip cruises out of Florida that go to the southern Caribbean and have several sea days.

Just pick up some brochures from your local travel agency.

My husband wants mostly port days and I'm the opposite wanting more sea days. This has been an issue for me. Why can't European cruises of 12-14 days have more then 2-3 sea days? And some have only 1 sea day?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It may just be us but a lot of cruises seem to pack the ports in whereas we prefer to chill with a few sea days, don't get us wrong, we like to see different places, just not every day. Can anyone recommend a line or cruises which breaks things up a bit?

Many thanks

We are currently booked on NCL cruise from Seattle WA to Port Canaveral FL through the Panama Canal. We chose that one primarily for the number of sea days -- 10 out of 18.

After every port stop it has one or two sea days.

HAL's Hawaii cruise roundtrip from west coast has lots of sea days.

Transatlantic crossings and transpacific crossings will have plenty of sea days.

Lots of people dislike sea days so that's why cruise lines usually have port intensive cruises.

I love port days because most people get off the ship. Except for a brief walk and a chance to get wifi, I stay on the ship. It is blissfully quiet. The pool is nearly empty. In my opinion, it's better than a sea day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We also like sea days. On Caribbean cruises, where we've been to some ports many times, we'll frequently skip getting off the ship in a port and treat it like a sea day. It's great because we get a ship that three-quarters of the passengers are on land.

Our most recent cruise was our first in Europe--as 12-day British isles cruise. We had just two sea days on it--not nearly enough. We ended up not doing as much in some ports as originally planned because we had had enough. We still had a great cruise.

Many thanks

Look for transoceanic cruises - they'll have more sea days. I love them, and have happily done a 17 day cruise with only 1 port stop. Not all transoceanic cruises are that low on ports, of course, but my favourite are.

Look for transoceanic cruises - they'll have more sea days. I love them, and have happily done a 17 day cruise with only 1 port stop. Not all transoceanic cruises are that low on ports, of course, but my favourite are.

I would absolutely love this, but my husband would probably shoot himself.:o

We just did an RCCL Bermuda and Bahamas cruise out of Baltimore.

1+ sea day, one part day port/overnight/one part day, one sea day, two port days (with cruising overnight), then 2 sea days back home.

It was a good mix for us.

If you wouldn't mind flying to BWI (Baltimore/Washington) airport instead of a Florida port, you could do a cruise on Grandeur of the Seas with a number of sea days. We are booked on one in December, 12 nights. Three sea days, five Caribbean port days, three sea days to return. IMO, second only to transatlantic cruises with at least six sea days in a row, and only a few ports.

While we, like some of the above posters, enjoy being on a ship while in port, nothing beats being on a ship moving through the ocean! Bliss!

We're going to the Caribbean and back from Southampton. 16 sea days!

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

We do a similar cruise each winter- we have 18 sea days. There's several ships which do this, or similar long journeys round trip from Southampton in winter. The cruise straight after ours is 35 days, and includes some USA ports.