Feeling a bit screwed over by RC, Irma safety/risk issue and no-refund, greed?

lowsidr

You buy insurance to protect yourself in case something happens to prevent you from making a scheduled cruise. If the cruise line can't deliver, no matter what the reason, you should be entitled for a total refund. If you paid cash the refund should be cash not a fcc or obc or any other phony payment. You don't pay for something you didn't receive. Maybe the cruise line should have insurance for their end of the deal. If you let them get away with this kin

Sorry - but it doesn't work that way. Read the cruise contract you agreed to when you purchased your tix. If you don't want the risk - buy travel insurance.

You buy insurance to protect yourself in case something happens to prevent you from making a scheduled cruise. If the cruise line can't deliver, no matter what the reason, you should be entitled for a total refund. If you paid cash the refund should be cash not a fcc or obc or any other phony payment. You don't pay for something you didn't receive. Maybe the cruise line should have insurance for their end of the deal. If you let them get away with this kin

Sorry - but it doesn't work that way. Read the cruise contract you agreed to when you purchased your tix. If you don't want the risk - buy travel insurance.

Sorry doesn't work.

Per the contract point 6i. "Passengers shall have a right to a full refund of the cruise fare if the cruise is cancelled, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early."

grandgeezer: So what you're saying is that when you earlier you were talking about the cruise line not "delivering" you meant specifically when the cruise line cancels a cruise entirely... and you weren't talking about when the cruise line delays embarkation by several days or terminates a cruise early. Thanks for clarifying that.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Get real people!!!!! People's lives and property will be affected adversely by this massive storm. There are more important things than having your cruise cut short! My suggestion would be to channel your energy towards prayers for those who live in the path of destruction.

Im sorry but "prayers" will do nobody any good apart from making the person praying feel a bit better about themselves. Im sure those on the affected islands are so happy that you are praying for them, rather than sending blankets, food or fresh water.

Maybe put your energy into finding out from relief agencies what kind of supplies etc. they are looking for and put your energy into helping them out, either via donations of money, blood or whatever else they are asking for.

For people who try to reason with the board trolls, please just keep in mind that when you quote their posts, they win. Number one, you are giving them attention; number two, those of us who have them on Ignore must consider ignoring you as well since you're causing us to see their drivel by quoting them.

Please don't feed the trolls. It's like feeding a single seagull. Doesn't take long....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Sorry for sinking to the level of criticizing people. It may be hard to understand the magnitude of what the people of Florida are facing. It is hard to fathom people who are so selfish to think only about themselves. Lucywestie, I have a flight scheduled for Thursday to help those who are affected. I too love to cruise, but I know what is truly important. Once again, I am sending postive thoughts to those in the path of Irma as well as those people in Texas affected by Harvey. It also seems to me that RCCL is trying to do right for their passengers. Enough said.

Get real people!!!!! People's lives and property will be affected adversely by this massive storm. There are more important things than having your cruise cut short! My suggestion would be to channel your energy towards prayers for those who live in the path of destruction.

Explain to me how people being concerned about their cruise and talking about it on a cruise forum will help or hurt the people that are about to be hit by a hurricane.

You really need to understand SARCASM just a little bit better. The REALITY of the matter is that the most conservative GUESS is that the Miami - Ft. Lauderdale area will not be able to accept tourists going on a cruise for at least a month or so based on the wrath that Irma has already wrought!

RCCL sitting on their collective buttocks with their all will be well attitude stinks 100%. Think of the SAFETY of your potential passengers and CANCEL all cruises through the end of September and give out 100% CASH refunds!

Oh and by the way would you agree that St. Martin and Barbuda were sucked up by Irma and spit back out into the ocean?

So, with the current track of the storm, are you still sticking to your opinion that Miami Ft Lauderdale won't be able to accept tourists for a month?:')

The sky may be falling in northern Cuba.... but people who believe what they see on tv without questioning the "facts" tend to get suckered into the hysteria.... then some of them try to suck everyone else in. :evilsmile:

JC

Sorry for sinking to the level of criticizing people. It may be hard to understand the magnitude of what the people of Florida are facing. It is hard to fathom people who are so selfish to think only about themselves. Lucywestie, I have a flight scheduled for Thursday to help those who are affected. I too love to cruise, but I know what is truly important. Once again, I am sending postive thoughts to those in the path of Irma as well as those people in Texas affected by Harvey. It also seems to me that RCCL is trying to do right for their passengers. Enough said.

Times like this can bring out the stress in people. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think people are forgetting that the airports may still be closed, and there is a major gas shortage in FL (and many other states) right now. Plus if your home and/or car gets destroyed in the hurricane, a cruise might not be the first thing on your mind.

The gas shortage was short lived, because of everyone wanting gas at the same time. Plenty of gas was delivered, and there's no problem.

If you planned to fly in on the 9th or 10th that may no longer be a possibility.

Someone living in Naples might have a problem getting to Pt Everglades on the 13 if Naples sustains terrible damage. Things will have changed between now and the 13th.

Dispute the charge with your credit card company. Services not provided / services not as described. Even if you paid it off you can still get your money back.

they offered to sell you something and took your money, but did not provide the goods or services they sold you.

Too bad if the billion dollar company loses money due to a hurricane. Thats the chance they take selling cruises during hurricane season.

They are doing exactly what the contract that was agreed to provided. You don't get to pick and choose which parts of the contract you like and don't like. I doubt any CC company will allow a charge back under these circumstances.

The gas shortage was short lived, because of everyone wanting gas at the same time. Plenty of gas was delivered, and there's no problem.

Not true everywhere. In Lakeland last few days, many stations were running out, usually each day. Neighbor took 4 stations yesterday to find one with gas. This afternoon in Orlando, every station we saw had no gas.

They are doing exactly what the contract that was agreed to provided. You don't get to pick and choose which parts of the contract you like and don't like. I doubt any CC company will allow a charge back under these circumstances.

The contract does not address this. It talks about cancellations and what happens if a cruise comes back to port early.

You can charge it back regardless. The "secret" that many don't seem to know is that you simply charge it back a second time if you lose the first. Then it goes into pre-arb and I've never, not once, actually seen a company fight the second charge. The way the chargeback process works, it's simply not worth it - even for substantial sums. They'll end up putting you in collections and let you keep the money. It's not hard to get your money back when it's a CC.

So, with the current track of the storm, are you still sticking to your opinion that Miami Ft Lauderdale won't be able to accept tourists for a month?:')
As I was reading some of the outrageous comments people have made over the last few days (and also a couple of weeks ago) I was wondering if anyone was keeping a list of them for the purpose of coming back after-the-fact and asking for clarification. :\

The sky may be falling in northern Cuba.... but people who believe what they see on tv without questioning the "facts" tend to get suckered into the hysteria.... then some of them try to suck everyone else in. :evilsmile:
Absolutely.

Times like this can bring out the stress in people. [emoji106]
Does stress make people think differently? ... or just to take their standard thinking beyond the bounds their unstressed minds usually keep them within?

Who knows if it's even Key West. The Mallory Square cam is live and weather is nothing like that. Yet......:(
I didn't see the videos referred to but it is not uncommon for weather to go from mild to bad and then back to mild and then back to bad, several times before the storm passes.

They are doing exactly what the contract that was agreed to provided. You don't get to pick and choose which parts of the contract you like and don't like.
Precisely.

The contract does not address this. It talks about cancellations and what happens if a cruise comes back to port early.
It absolutely talks about this. Read carefully: "Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel,advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination,lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or portof call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below,Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including butnot limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation,advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation."

Hope you are safe and your home makes it through the hurricane. I do not feel the Royal owes you anything. You booked a cruise during hurricane season-bottom line. You knew the risk you were taking when you booked it. They owe you nothing. I have taken my chance before and was in hurricane weather where we just sailed up the coast of the Carolinas. I was not reimbursed or offered any compensation and didn't expect it. Again it was my choice and I knew the risk I was taking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hope you are safe and your home makes it through the hurricane. I do not feel the Royal owes you anything. You booked a cruise during hurricane season-bottom line. You knew the risk you were taking when you booked it. They owe you nothing. I have taken my chance before and was in hurricane weather where we just sailed up the coast of the Carolinas. I was not reimbursed or offered any compensation and didn't expect it. Again it was my choice and I knew the risk I was taking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hurricane season is June 1-November 30.