no longer loyal to royal

ukcats1996

I know it feels good to just vent sometimes. It is frustrating when a company has all the "power" in situations like this and are holding your $$.

Before I give up on RC, I would send an email to the CEO. They have always been very responsive in the executive offices and I think your Diamond Plus status works in your favor.

It will be difficult to build up to a comparable Diamond Plus status by starting over with another cruise line. Good luck with wherever you go. And for the rest of us... one less person in the Diamond Lounge I suppose.

Just another selfish person worrying about themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just another selfish person worrying about themselves

Who is he/she supposed to be worrying about? The company is looking out for itself and has very highly paid people looking out for it. It isn't the customers job to also look out for the company. He/She is unhappy and taking her business elsewhere. That is usually exactly what people are usually told to do around here when they voice issues that they are unhappy with.

I know it feels good to just vent sometimes. It is frustrating when a company has all the "power" in situations like this and are holding your $$.

Before I give up on RC, I would send an email to the CEO. They have always been very responsive in the executive offices and I think your Diamond Plus status works in your favor.

It will be difficult to build up to a comparable Diamond Plus status by starting over with another cruise line. Good luck with wherever you go. And for the rest of us... one less person in the Diamond Lounge I suppose.

MSC offers status match.

Not sure what you want here, not many here work for Royal. I get announcing you are leaving due to some policy, but when a billing error occurs, it is what it is, nobody here can help you.

I am glad that the OP decided to post their disagreement with RCI here on Cruise critic. That is what this forum is for, to share our experiences, our feelings, our opinions. Not everyone will agree with the OP, however when we are dissatisfied with the service a company provides to us, I agree with the OP's desire to share that dissatisfaction with the broader public. Caveat emptor.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Sorry my previous post did not correctly identify what was quoted from a previous poster, and what was my response. I am a technology troglodyte! [emoji79]

I did not say stuff should not be posted, but a billing error is something nobody here can do anything about, add to that putting in the dramatics that you are done with the company forever just shows you want drama.

People are free to post their gripes, but then they have to expect comments, and not all will agree. I didn't attack, just had no idea what they wanted, other than drama from looking at the title.

A billing error can happen at any time with any company. If a billing error occurred, I would not post about it online, I would work on getting it fixed. There are many avenues to fix it, but posting dramatic statements on a forum is not one of them, and aren't particularly helpful imo.

Policy changes or service/offering changes make sense to post because it effects lots of people, and are why I would look at a post saying they are done with rci.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

I too have cruised my last royal cruise. I had a state emergency with Irma in Florida and they refused to make any type of help. All they are is capitalists looking to get whatever they can out of you. They are like vultures

Newsflash !!!! This is exactly what they are and what every sane individual knows. It´s their job and it´s what I expect them to be. Their job is to make the stockholders happy, with making them a max. amout of money.

I applaud to you for leaving. It´s always good to get more space onboard for new cruisers making my stocks rise some more.

Thanks for making me money and bye bye.

We re-read the original post.

So a Diamond Plus cruiser is cancelling 5 cruises and terminating their relationship over a beverage billing issue...yeah...that makes sense. :rolleyes:

We may have seen a similar case at the mall recently...when a 5-year-old girl didn't get a toy she wanted and persuaded their mom to leave the mall, vowing never to return. Oh the disaster of it all...:eek:

Call up the past guest department and have them proccess the refund or ask to be transferred to the resolutions department.

I detest people who say they wont travel on a vendor because of a policy or misinderstanding.

That the entitled world we live in. Give the destruction these hurricanes have caused and people having lost relatives and everything else they own, it's bothersome to me that others can rant about first world issues and expect people to care.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I too have cruised my last royal cruise. I had a state emergency with Irma in Florida and they refused to make any type of help. All they are is capitalists looking to get whatever they can out of you. They are like vultures

What did you want them to do?

So we just cancelled our 5 future cruises with royal. We cancelled a drink package before our last cruise due to we switched ships a week before going out and purchased a new drink package which cost more money, royal was suppose to refund our money for the drink package we cancelled, so check my credit card and nope they didn't refund us. Called them about the refund and they said they didn't owe us a refund they took that money and put it on our new cruise (which they never did have invoice to prove it). I told they if u cancel a item from your cruise planner your suppose to be refunded. Then they have the nerve to send me a new invoice now showing I owe them over 500.00 dollars from my past cruise. Funny thing is if I owed them money they would have not let me on the cruise. Tired of royal taking our money and then never wanted to fix the problems so now searching for a new cruise line. ( I am also a diamond plus member)

Try MSC. I know they used to have a bad name, but not anymore. We are also D+ and tried them last year. Off the back of that, we booked two more. The ships are fabulous, and the best service we have had on any ships. Your D+ status will give you Black (the highest level) status on MSC. You won't get all the perks like RCI drinks lounge in the evening, but the cruises will cost you less and they don't rip you off for drinks or WiFi packages like RCI do.

We may have seen a similar case at the mall recently...when a 5-year-old girl didn't get a toy she wanted and persuaded their mom to leave the mall, vowing never to return. Oh the disaster of it all...:eek:

Good grief! How can you compare the OP's situation with a child who can't get their own way. The OP is out several hundred dollars. Can't believe some of the comments on here and the lack of compassion. I wonder how many would change their tune if they were in the same position. Getting money back from RCI is like flogging a dead horse.

What did you want them to do?

I am sorry about your emergency with Irma. I was on the Oasis during Irma, and they were really a class act. Gave us much more than I would ever have expected. They had to extend the cruise 3 days, and of course I would not have expected them to charge us. But they also covered tips for those days (I gave my room attendant even more), gave free phone calls and wifi during the storm, and offered half price on drinks, laundry, and specialty restaurants. On top of that, I just found out that they will give us 10 C&A points rather than the 7. I am absolutely loyal to Royal now (not that I will never sail another line, but will always check Royal first).

I am sorry about your emergency with Irma. I was on the Oasis during Irma, and they were really a class act. Gave us much more than I would ever have expected. They had to extend the cruise 3 days, and of course I would not have expected them to charge us. But they also covered tips for those days (I gave my room attendant even more), gave free phone calls and wifi during the storm, and offered half price on drinks, laundry, and specialty restaurants. On top of that, I just found out that they will give us 10 C&A points rather than the 7. I am absolutely loyal to Royal now (not that I will never sail another line, but will always check Royal first).

Don't count on those extra 3 points yet, only 7 points posted as of yesterday.

As s/he stated in another post, RC said that the extra 3 points would take longer to show up, because they must be posted manually, and RC has a lot to do right now.

:)

As s/he stated in another post, RC said that the extra 3 points would take longer to show up, because they must be posted manually, and RC has a lot to do right now.

:)

Yep, I had heard and read differing things, and called C&A today. I got the info straight from Royal Caribbean. I think that is quite decent of them, and never expected it.