Cash deposit for future cruise possible at GS?

Sorry...I misunderstood your question....I doubt they would be able to make a payment to an already booked cruise...they "should" be able to since they can take deposits on new one's...but lately reports coming back from the ships has been the future cruise consultants were less than helpful...you can always ask while you are onboard...

OK seems nobody has tried to use cash until now - I will send a mail to C&A maybe they will know.....

Thanks for trying to help!(y)

Good luck getting a timely and accurate answer.;)

OK seems nobody has tried to use cash until now - I will send a mail to C&A maybe they will know.....

Thanks for trying to help!(y)

Even if by chsnce they said yes I would not count on it being accurate. How much of a hardship would it be if you boarded and were told no by the ship.

Not sure if this is helpful or it - every cruise we have been on, we book our next cruise at the Next Cruise desk / our ship account for the cruise we are on then shows our regular charges as well as the deposit due for our next cruise. We can then go to guest services and pay our ship account in full with cash. We have done this as recently as our 2016 cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if this is helpful or it - every cruise we have been on, we book our next cruise at the Next Cruise desk / our ship account for the cruise we are on then shows our regular charges as well as the deposit due for our next cruise. We can then go to guest services and pay our ship account in full with cash. We have done this as recently as our 2016 cruise

I have never once seen the deposit/charges for a future cruise appear on our onboard account. This would mean that a cruise deposit could be covered by OBC, which I would suspect is a big no no in the RC bean counter world.

I have never once seen the deposit/charges for a future cruise appear on our onboard account. This would mean that a cruise deposit could be covered by OBC, which I would suspect is a big no no in the RC bean counter world.

I certainly wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else, and we certainly haven't taken tons of cruises, however, each time, we have done it the same way and each time, at the end of the cruise I have one charge on my credit card for the onboard account total,which includes drinks, souvenirs, misc charges and our deposits for the next cruise. Not sure why it worked this way for each of my cruises, but it did. We have always booked our next cruise while onboard as we do it as a big family group (over 30 people). We usually have a small amount of OBC (usually less than $300) and drinks, souvenirs, misc are usually in the $300-400 range and then our "next cruise deposits" are also there. Not a high roller by any stretch. Maybe it was a fluke, but, if that is the case, it's been a "fluke" multiple times for us. ?

I have had the same experience as you. I have always had to provide a credit card for the next cruise booking. In fact they could not even pull up the one that I had on file and I have had to return to my stateroom on more than 1 occasion as I forgot the credit card.

I also agree with Bob. We have made lots of cruise reservations while on the cruise ship. Never has the deposit been placed on our onboard account. It always was a separate charge to our credit card.

Hi,

would it be possible to do a cash deposit or payment towards a future cruise at guest services?

Thanks for the help!:halo:

1. They will not accept cash as a deposit.

2. They will not accept ANY sort of payment on a previously booked cruise.

If you want to book a cruise, you need a credit card.

If you want to make a payment on a cruise, and you are on a cruise, they will let you call Miami and make the payment over the phone with your credit card.

I certainly wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else, and we certainly haven't taken tons of cruises, however, each time, we have done it the same way and each time, at the end of the cruise I have one charge on my credit card for the onboard account total,which includes drinks, souvenirs, misc charges and our deposits for the next cruise. Not sure why it worked this way for each of my cruises, but it did. We have always booked our next cruise while onboard as we do it as a big family group (over 30 people). We usually have a small amount of OBC (usually less than $300) and drinks, souvenirs, misc are usually in the $300-400 range and then our "next cruise deposits" are also there. Not a high roller by any stretch. Maybe it was a fluke, but, if that is the case, it's been a "fluke" multiple times for us. ?

I truly believe that there is some sort of misunderstanding here.

They absolutely DO NOT put a cruise deposit on your SeaPass account. They can use the same card that you use for your SeaPass account, and don't always need you to bring it to them, but it goes on your card, NOT your on board account.

They absolutely DO NOT put a cruise deposit on your SeaPass account. They can use the same card that you use for your SeaPass account, and don't always need you to bring it to them, but it goes on your card, NOT your on board account.

They have always required me to provide the card directly in person when booking onboard..they've never just referred to the card on file. I guess your experience has been different.

They have always required me to provide the card directly in person when booking onboard..they've never just referred to the card on file. I guess your experience has been different.

It has only been recently that the person basically waved a hand and said, do you want me to put it on the card you have on file?

I have had the same experience as you. I have always had to provide a credit card for the next cruise booking. In fact they could not even pull up the one that I had on file and I have had to return to my stateroom on more than 1 occasion as I forgot the credit card.

Had same experience also...

That is the same experience i have. I have been setting up cash accounts only except our first cruises years ago. When i make a next cruise booking the agent asks if i want to use card on file. When they look and see none they ask me for a credit card to pay the deposit. I always say can i use cash and they say no, they have to have my credit card for deposits. When this happens i always ask can they just put it on my seapass account and i will pay gs. But have been always told to that i have to use a credit card.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Agree 100% with Merion_Mom. We have made more than 30 cruises onboard and never have had to show our credit card to the Next Cruise Sales Agent (or the LA when they handled sales). They used the credit card on file we used to pay our onboard account.

It has only been recently that the person basically waved a hand and said, do you want me to put it on the card you have on file?

I guess my 3 booking's made during my March Harmony cruise wasn't recent enough to get a hand waved or the question asked ;)

Agree 100% with Merion_Mom. We have made more than 30 cruises onboard and never have had to show our credit card to the Next Cruise Sales Agent (or the LA when they handled sales). They used the credit card on file we used to pay our onboard account.

I guess only 25 cruise's for me doesn't qualify me for such service. Glad I know I have a small detail to look forward to...unless policy has changed since March when I booked 3 onboard but still had to show my card.

Will be on Anthem next week so we'll see ;)

I guess only 25 cruise's for me doesn't qualify me for such service. Glad I know I have a small detail to look forward to...unless policy has changed since March when I booked 3 onboard but still had to show my card.

Will be on Anthem next week so we'll see ;)

Has nothing to do with the number of cruises one has. This may be another example of inconsistency on RCI cruise ships.

In April, we were on the Oasis. We did not show our credit card to the Sales Agent. Later this month we will be on the Grandeur and see whether there Sales Agents require us to show them the credit card or if they use the credit card on file to satisfy our onboard account.