Princess new unlimited internet

antsp

The most recent posts make more sense and I think is aligned with the Celebrity process.

The Free internet at the various levels stays exactly the same. Or you can trade in the free package for a discount on an unlimited package. The price of the package decreases on a per day basis for longer cruises.

Princess’s current internet offerings are not competitive with other cruise lines.

If what has been described above is true, it seems the 20 minute a day email only people will be subsidizing the full-time connected social media people even if they do get a loyalty credit toward the package.

. . . The free internet minutes are plenty for us as we never post to social media while traveling as we don't want to announce to the world that we are not home. We just use it to check email. Also, why stream media when there is so much to do on board?

Agree completely!

The moderator is also telling people that the Platinum and Elite internet minutes are NOT being eliminated.

I wish Princess would roll out a general announcement with the details so all the speculation.

But let's supposed the free minutes stay as such. So, do we use those until exhausted and then switch to a per/day plan? Hopefully that is possible and not forced to buy all days of the cruise. And they need to do something for longer voyages as the total cost is nuts at $25/day.

I just don't see the justification - $750 for a month????

With all this speculation has it been determined if the internet can be purchased for one day at a time or does it have to be for the complete voyage like the AIBP?

I think I will just carry on smuggling my own internet onboard. It is ok to put a satellite dish up on your balcony

Edited by antsp

I'm not responding to you again.

I certainly hope this is one of your truthful posts.

BTW, your original post:

"Princess have just rolled out Princessconnect on the Grand, unlimited internet always connected starts at $14.99 a day."

...has already been shown to be false by subsequent posters.

It seems that the $14.99 is for a social media package, not an unlimited package.

As I said before, always better to wait for comments from multiple posters.

Even more true in some situations.

Interesting how some will readily accept rumored negative changes, but rarely accept or even consider potential positive options.

Shorter term I suspect they'll be unlimited packages, but timed internet will still exist as perks. And if that is the case, I would think that those with the timed perk will benefit since we use so much wasted time due to current speed. Here's hoping.

I certainly hope this is one of your truthful posts.

BTW, your original post:

"Princess have just rolled out Princessconnect on the Grand, unlimited internet always connected starts at $14.99 a day."

...has already been shown to be false by subsequent posters.

It seems that the $14.99 is for a social media package, not an unlimited package.

As I said before, always better to wait for comments from multiple posters.

Even more true in some situations.

Let's be fair. 'Unlimited' referred to time connected.

We don’t know for sure, but it looks like Princess is making even more cutbacks in service and benefits for Elites and Platinums -- their most loyal passengers. So we will hold off cruising Princess until we know for sure. We have been Princess ”loyalists” for 88 cruises but the cutbacks prove the current management team has drastically changed the Princess brand. So we will not sail Princess until they prove that loyal customers are important to them. The Internet changes are just the last straw, no notice, no information, no official knowledge of what they are going to do. We had many great cruises on Princess,but we are disappointed in what they are doing now.

We don’t know for sure, but it looks like Princess is making even more cutbacks in service and benefits for Elites and Platinums -- their most loyal passengers. So we will hold off cruising Princess until we know for sure. We have been Princess ”loyalists” for 88 cruises but the cutbacks prove the current management team has drastically changed the Princess brand. So we will not sail Princess until they prove that loyal customers are important to them. The Internet changes are just the last straw, no notice, no information, no official knowledge of what they are going to do. We had many great cruises on Princess,but we are disappointed in what they are doing now.

That's my beef as well. I was trying to remain positive, but the changes to the AIBP/Internet packages combined with the way they were /are being rolled out is kinda the last straw for me. My decision to cancel my two future Princess cruises will depend on having to cancel the AK cruise in April due to DW's recovery from surgery. Normally I would just cancel and book another Princess itinerary. Due to my unhappiness with Princess if we cancel April, we will be headed down under on the Ovation OTS in November next year.....:):):)

Bob

And if there's no change to Platinum and Elite benefits, how is that a reduction in your benefits?
From what I’ve heard from people actually on the Grand is that, yes, there is a change. Instead of minutes with which you could text, email, surf the web, etc., you are being charged $14.99/day to do that by selecting the $29.99 package for $14.99/day. Elites are being charged for the unlimited package. Otherwise, you can only do social media. Don’t know about you but I stay in touch with family and friends via text and email while on a cruise and I’m d******ed if I’m going to pay $14.99/day to do that when I could do it with my minutes previously.

Plan A

I just copied a response that I read on Princess Cruises FB page about 15 minutes ago....

"As we previously stated, there are no plans to change the Platinum or Elite minutes perk with the roll out of the new internet plan".

Plan B

From what I’ve heard from people actually on the Grand is that, yes, there is a change. Instead of minutes with which you could text, email, surf the web, etc., you are being charged $14.99/day to do that by selecting the $29.99 package for $14.99/day. Elites are being charged for the unlimited package. Otherwise, you can only do social media. Don’t know about you but I stay in touch with family and friends via text and email while on a cruise and I’m d******ed if I’m going to pay $14.99/day to do that when I could do it with my minutes previously.

After the trial, I hope that Princess sticks with Plan A.

I consider myself a forward-thinking person; however, I strongly dislike FaceBook. Regardless of being able to send a PM, FB is too public. People post a lot of c**p that has adversely affected many relationships amongst family and friends. My family couldn't force me to use it... now Princess will (?) so that I can be in the loop for emergencies when I used to be able to do it with my free minutes! Sure hope not!!! :mad:

10828987125_c9d28e5512.jpg

Well said Pam.....:):):)

Bob

A poster on another website mentioned that she has a friend currently on the Grand. The friend was charged the $14.99 price (discounted due to P/E loyalty status) for the $29.99 Ultimate package. I know this is second hand, but if correct, it is a slap in the face to those of us who have remained loyal to the Princess brand.....:mad::mad::mad:

Bob

10828987125_c9d28e5512.jpg

Well said Pam.....:):):)

Bob

I'm with Pam and Bob. As Elite, DW and I would be "extremely" upset if Princess begins charging for internet. Also, FB is the worst thing ever.

Now, DW has gone onto the roll call for the Oct 5th Grand cruise that is going on right now and asked for information from someone onboard. The response has been that 2 passengers, 1 Elite the other Platinum, were CHARGED $14.33 per day, for the highest package internet. We are Princess loyalist but I can tell you now, that if Princess does away with the perk of internet minutes for Elite/Platinum, we'll be going elsewhere.

I'm with Pam and Bob. As Elite, DW and I would be "extremely" upset if Princess begins charging for internet. Also, FB is the worst thing ever.

Now, DW has gone onto the roll call for the Oct 5th Grand cruise that is going on right now and asked for information from someone onboard. The response has been that 2 passengers, 1 Elite the other Platinum, were CHARGED $14.33 per day, for the highest package internet. We are Princess loyalist but I can tell you now, that if Princess does away with the perk of internet minutes for Elite/Platinum, we'll be going elsewhere.

I checked with a friend currently on board also....they were also charged the $14.33. I don't need to stream netflix.....I just need to be reached by the nursing home. They email me am and pm while I'm out of the country. So, if i'm going to have to pay for my perks....i can always pay somebody else.

I checked with a friend currently on board also....they were also charged the $14.33. I don't need to stream netflix.....I just need to be reached by the nursing home. They email me am and pm while I'm out of the country. So, if i'm going to have to pay for my perks....i can always pay somebody else.

I am disappointed in Jan Swartz for letting someone convince her to "experiment" with such a thing; begin charging higher prices; take away a "PERK" that some passengers (Elite/Platinum) have not only worked hard to get but paid big bucks to get; and give no notice to anyone.

I am disappointed in Jan Swartz for letting someone convince her to "experiment" with such a thing; begin charging higher prices; take away a "PERK" that some passengers (Elite/Platinum) have not only worked hard to get but paid big bucks to get; and give no notice to anyone.

This. No doubt there is someone back at Princess HQ who is saying "but the Elites and Platinums are still getting $x in Internet benefits, just in a different form". Uh, no. I budget my use of the included Internet minutes to insure I don't exceed them and don't end up. I have never had any intention of paying for Internet; I limit my use to the essentials I need to do.

Or someone is thinking, people pay for Internet on-board, this just changes the payment model. Again, no. Just because some people pay doesn't mean everyone is willing to pay.

No doubt Princess will claim Captain's Circle amenities are subject to change at anytime. However, the Internet benefit is still on the website so failure to provide it could be considered false advertising. If I had been on that cruise and ended up paying to accomplish what I needed to do (in the case of my recent cruise, a business commitment to my clients), I would have been seriously complaining (you can take "seriously complaining" to mean what you want it to mean - I'm not going to get into hypotheticals since I wasn't there).