What is your favorite diamond perk?

For me the diamond lounge followed by the three free drinks. Bottled water is now included and that for me is a big improvement.

I like to get away from crowds and also meet other regular cruisers. Diamond lounge is great for this. Complementary coffee which is better then the free stuff outside, quiet breakfast in morning, snacks in the evening and the concierge who can help you out with reservations or problems.

The existence of a diamond lounge is a big determinant when it comes to choosing a ship.

Bottled water is now included int he three free drinks? That is good to know. Thanks!

I should add that if Dan and I each have 3 drinks in a day that probably comes out to $50 worth x 7 days would be $350. More than our balcony discount

But, as Diamond member, you're entitled to the balcony discount AND the free drinks. You can have the best of both worlds.

Access to Diamond Club with free drinks for me

Same for me, I of course like the balcony discount, but I book early, by the time my cruise comes the price usually has gone up and I've forgotten about it. While I don't buy any internet, I will use the free internet on the last sea day.

How much is the balcony discount?

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

Diamond Lounge hands down. Not just for the 3 drinks (although they are a big factor ;)) but also for the chance to have breakfast in a nice calm area and the chance to pop in at any time of day and grab a cappuccino. It's also nice to have a dedicated concierge to sort out minor issues rather than standing in line at Guest Services.

Just a fun thread. :D

Balcony discount for me.

Free drinks vouchers and DL to get a drink during cocktail hours and a coffee or tea bags and hot chocolate for cabin, Diamond balcony discount,free photos,discount on RC shop merchandise,DL concierge to help if you have any queries.

Bob, question for you.

We are Emerald now but have booked for January 2019 when we will be Diamond. Do we only get the Emerald balcony discount since when we booked, we were Emerald? Or should I call back after we hit Diamond (May 2018) and reprice? I honestly wonder if it'll be a better deal because we booked the day that they were released and got a steal of a deal. What's your opinion?

Thanks!!

Bob, question for you.

We are Emerald now but have booked for January 2019 when we will be Diamond. Do we only get the Emerald balcony discount since when we booked, we were Emerald? Or should I call back after we hit Diamond (May 2018) and reprice? I honestly wonder if it'll be a better deal because we booked the day that they were released and got a steal of a deal. What's your opinion?

Thanks!!

You would get the balcony discount consistent with whatever C&A level you have at the time of booking.

You can call after you reach Diamond to get the higher discount, but your cruise (and any booking perks) will be re-priced to whatever is the current price.

And I just started a thread that asks about some of these things. :-) I knew about the diamond lounge, but I didn't know some other things.

I booked my April cruise before I went on my most recent cruise, so I didn't get the diamond balcony discount. That would have nice! But I go the emerald discount at least.

The three drinks - they must be purchased in the diamond lounge, right? Not in any other area?

Tell me about the free photo...or any other perks, please. You can see a lot on the website, but it doesn't talk about what is added to the sea pass card at all. Is there a discount for wi-fi, for example?

... The three drinks - they must be purchased in the diamond lounge, right? Not in any other area? ...

The Diamond Lounge gives you unlimited drinks without having to use the 3 nightly drink vouchers.

The 3 nightly drink vouchers are for use in bars other than the Diamond Lounge.

You would get the balcony discount consistent with whatever C&A level you have at the time of booking.

You can call after you reach Diamond to get the higher discount, but your cruise (and any booking perks) will be re-priced to whatever is the current price.

Thanks so much! You are so helpful!