What is your favorite diamond perk?

A question about turning Diamond: Our last cruise was our first since turning Diamond. The first evening, we received a bottle of wine. The second evening we received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. There was not ever a note; were these gifts maybe an acknowledgement of our first cruise being Diamond? And, indeed, the best part of being Diamond is the DL. We so enjoyed our time in the DL (on Enchantment) and the wonderful staff. They made us feel very special!

A question about turning Diamond: Our last cruise was our first since turning Diamond. The first evening, we received a bottle of wine. The second evening we received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. There was not ever a note; were these gifts maybe an acknowledgement of our first cruise being Diamond? And, indeed, the best part of being Diamond is the DL. We so enjoyed our time in the DL (on Enchantment) and the wonderful staff. They made us feel very special!

I can't explain the wine. However, the strawberries were your "Chef's choice amenity", one of the perks of Diamond and above.

1) Diamond Lounge (all times of day)

2) 3 Free Drinks

3) 24 hours of internet (we each use it on different sea days)

4) Balcony Discount (only when the price is comparable to an inside - we are not balcony people)

The DL is a really nice spot to relax on bad-weather days - read, eat cookies, drink special coffee.....

The Free Booze. If they removed the balcony discount it would not cause anyone to look at another cruise line. If they stopped the free drinks you'd see people start booking a heck of a lot more Princess/MSC/NCL

I have to disagree.....the balcony discount is important, and if taken away would cause plenty of people to look elsewhere. The DL combined with the drink vouchers during lounge time is nice for us. I like the cappuccino machine that I can use whenever I want.

Platinums get the balcony discount too.

True. But it is less than half of what Diamond members get.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

I have to disagree.....the balcony discount is important, and if taken away would cause plenty of people to look elsewhere. The DL combined with the drink vouchers during lounge time is nice for us. I like the cappuccino machine that I can use whenever I want.

I rarely disagree with you, but with the volatility in pricing and the games Royal plays with pricing, this seems less important to me (But I make sure they apply it ;))

YOU are a truly dedicated wife. HOWEVER, maybe I should tell your husband (to save you from all that effort) that he could order virgin drinks with those same coupons and a virgin Bloody Mary or a tonic with lime. What I will be drinking on our next cruises using those same tickets (to save my wife from all that effort)!:halo:

Love going to the Diamond Lounge. The three drinks are great especially since my husband can’t drink (due to medications)and I force myself to use some of his!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I rarely disagree with you, but with the volatility in pricing and the games Royal plays with pricing, this seems less important to me (But I make sure they apply it ;))

I have to agree with your point about 'the volatility in pricing' and that the balcony discount usage is important.

The Diamond lounge....

The 3 free drinks on the card each day - because that's about all I need in the evening. Hubby still gets the drink package, and I'm not a fan that they'll now make both of us get it - because we were not abusers, and it is disappointing how many people were.

And I really did not know about the balcony discount! Probably because we are always interior folks - and have had an outside balcony once - and it was "ok" but hardly used - but we did really enjoy the central park balcony for "people watching" and used that more - and would book that again.

For us, the DL and all its amenities; light breakfast, fancy coffee machine, quiet place during the day (favorite DLs are those with ocean or ship views), pre-dinner and/or post-dinner drinks and snacks with quite a few great people we've met. We've also met some fantastic concierges and servers who enjoy interacting with passengers. They tend to open up if you take the time to get to know them.

The D or Concierge lounge...only place I could get my smoked salmon every morning. Love popping in to get a latte late afternoon before getting ready for dinner. Balcony discount can help but when you are doing a B2B, it doesn't always help. Pictures are a plus...after this many years, we probably would not be buying any.