What is your favorite diamond perk?

The 3 drinks are usable during the same hours that the DL is open in the evening (between 5-8:30 usually, but it is posted on each ship). It should not be a problem getting two drinks at a bar at one time during those hours.

Thanks - and when you use it, do you have to tell them to use the coupon or will you just automatically not be charged for the drinks since you are ordering during those hours?

Thanks - and when you use it, do you have to tell them to use the coupon or will you just automatically not be charged for the drinks since you are ordering during those hours?

I agree with Ellen that they will normally know. However, I still make sure they know to use the voucher because every once in a while they don't hear me correctly and give me some drink that's not eligible for the voucher.

+1, tell them you are using your D coupon BEFORE you order.

Another way to do it is to put a cash tip out with your card(s) and anything you want will usually appear. Having been a bartender you get to know the drill. I have a hankering for Aperol Spritzes (Aperol orange liqueur, lime juice, prosecco, and an orange twist. The prosecco sweetens the bitter orange to make a refreshing drink - great for hot days. They usually appear.

Even in the lounges we usually tip the bartenders $5 a night - sometimes we have found our drinks awaiting us on a table, which is especially good when it's crowded.

There are bartenders and then there are bartenders.

They work too hard for the little they get. Chocolates work wonders as well. We know couples that bring a case of candy onboard just as treats for the staff.

I give them pins as well :)

I agree with Ellen that they will normally know. However, I still make sure they know to use the voucher because every once in a while they don't hear me correctly and give me some drink that's not eligible for the voucher.

If we use the vouchers at a bar i always hand cash with my card.

On our last cruise i ordered 4 glasses of wine and handed over our 2 cards and $4 tip.When the waiter entered the order in the computer he said those wines were not included and i said i didn't realise but he still gave me the drinks probably because i had done the kind thing by giving a tip.

The Diamond Lounge AND the 3 drink vouchers! :D

On my last cruise, I enjoyed having pre-dinner drinks and appetizers in Allure's great DL. I especially enjoyed the camaraderie of sitting and talking with fellow cruisers, particularly since I was just cruising with my two teenage grandsons then.

After dinner, I usually managed to use all 3 drink vouchers (always accompanied by a tip) and I never had a problem doubling up on my Bailys if it was nearing the end of happy hour.

While the balcony discount is nice too, its value is often undermined by Royal's other non-combinable offers.

~ Judy

Yes i always mention using the voucher. If you goto the same spot, usually after the second night they will know you are using vouchers.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The free drinks whether we are in the DL or a lounge/bar.

Just for clarification, the 3 drinks can be used in any lounge, but only between 5:30 to 8:30 pm. The free drinks in the DL are only available during these same hours. Am I correct?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Biker19. No wonder RCCL offers the free drinks. There is no way I could drink 3 drinks in 3 hours. At least I could get a free glass of wine on my way to dinner.

When and what else are available in the DL? What hours is it open? We’ll be taking our first cruise as Diamond members in April on the Allure OTS.

Can you have your 3 drinks for happy hour during dinner (MDR or specialty dining)? Of course as long as you eat during happy hour. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ships I have been on will not let you use your Diamond vouchers in the MDR. I have heard rumors that some folks have been able to use their vouchers in the MDR - but I would not count on it. You can however take a glass of wine in (or whatever) with you to the MDR and if you want another one you can run out to the closest bar and get another.

... When and what else are available in the DL? What hours is it open? We’ll be taking our first cruise as Diamond members in April on the Allure OTS.

The DL is accessible 24 hours via your key card. There is free self-serve specialty coffee 24 hours. Continental breakfast in the morning.

So for that internet. I would need to wait until I am on board in order to arrange that, right? So if I wait and get this on day one, the discount will be appled? I was thinking of purchasing the Internet plan pre-cruise when it was on sale.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

So for that internet. I would need to wait until I am on board in order to arrange that, right? So if I wait and get this on day one, the discount will be appled? I was thinking of purchasing the Internet plan pre-cruise when it was on sale.

Correct, you have to purchase onboard in order to use your Diamond discount.