Very angry with RCCL on overlooked 100 change fee snuck in later

OP, since a number of us are unclear, can I try and confirm?

In August, you decided to change from one cruise to another. At the time, you were expecting there to be a $100 change fee, but the agent said you would not be charged. Am I right so far?

In October, your cabin was switched due to reclassification. Although you got a nicer cabin for the same price, this $100 change fee was posted to your account at that time?

Did you get an invoice at the time of the ship change that showed NO penalty? What was the date of the cabin change, and when did the penalty actually get charged to your card?

If you had an invoice that did not include a penalty, and were not charged $100 until after they moved your cabin, I can understand being upset. If it were me, I would use that original invoice to prove the charge was due to the cabin change and not the ship change. If you had nothing in writing, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

That said, I have to agree with others that citing your Diamond Status in your first two postings does not help your cause. While probably not intended that way, it comes across as feeling entitled due to said status.

I had an invoice sent to me after changing trip from Europe to Caribbean with No addl costs and that was even asking "are you sure no fee" to the agent at that time. It was then in Oct when they moved me from studio oceanview (which all rooms eliminated on Symphony) that I saw the 100 dollars. Of course I thank Bob for telling me to check. I looked at the email and nothing was mentioned about all studios being removed. I stored the invoice away as I was doing multiple things that day with other cruises.

I think my OP was easy to follow and I am happy to see that the last couple of posts GET IT.

As far as using my Diamond status I feel the cruise lines push these levels and YES a loyal customer deserves some goodwill. It is what NCL does. Lots of competition among all cruise lines.

Again I am angry that a documented no fee change was then overturned by the computerised system when RCI changed my room to actually a nicer one.

Not sure why so many of you jumped down my throat on the fee. I am not stupid and I did bring it up. If I am told no fee then to me that is a promise and it was documented in a revised invoice. I can't make it mote clear.

It was Bob the moderator who encouraged me to fight my cause.

RCI has gotten tacky and so when other folks share their story please don't come to the defense of RCI. As a big rich company I think their goodwill and customer service SUCKs more and more. And this board seems to be full of folks who want fight. Go read the thread from the "I dont flaunt my c/a status". That got mean half way through.

We should try to be nicer and supportive more.

But say you bought a jacket ot purse and you decided to return it to the store, how would like it if they did not give a full refund for unused item because the prior clerk under charged you.

I would expect to be refunded what I paid, not more!

As far as using my Diamond status I feel the cruise lines push these levels and YES a loyal customer deserves some goodwill. It is what NCL does. Lots of competition among all cruise lines.

I have never seen NCL (or any major cruise line) waive a mandatory fee to a Latitudes member as a matter of "goodwill."

Edited by Aquahound

I have seen NCL (or any major cruise line) waive a mandatory fee to a Latitudes member as a matter of "goodwill."

And I have seen RC do the same, but not in all cases.

Apparently, the OP is in the "not in all cases" category.

Oceans away, if you wish to escalate your inquiry, I suggest that you write a calm, clear, non-demanding letter to:

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Good luck.

And in conclusion I called RCI today and they said I could move my room that they selected (which was partially obstructed) to a nicer room with no obstruction. and no FEE yea.

The agent told me that upper management has greatly reduced their ability to make adjustments for customers and that while she agreed with me, I think it is best to say I got a much better room worth about 500 dollars more for only 100 dollars more. So Let it be ( as the song says)

So I am satisfied and in fact the agent was able to help with two more bookings getting me a good deal in Copenhagen pre-cruise hotel next summer.

So for now while the whole issue still bugs me a little bit - I choose to do as the song says LET IT GO -- LET IT GO. I thank Bob for pointing out the removal of the studio rooms which I was told were not doing well. Most folks did not like the location and were used to NCL version of solo rooms better. RCI removed them during design.

So now only the Harmony has them and I bet they will be removed when next refurb occurs.

And as a side note, I will be booking that Independence of the seas out of Southampton for Canaries. The agent helped me on the transfer situation as well.

toodles all

And over the last year I have seen so many folks angry on CC on all cruise lines for lousy customer service. To think I was treated better by Carnival.

Was this added to infer that Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Service Department treats it's customers in a lousy manner?

Glad you got your issue resolved.

Was this added to infer that Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Service Department treats it's customers in a lousy manner?

Glad you got your issue resolved.

No but let's face it Carnival is the butt of jokes at lot of times and I have been on RCI ships where the cruise director made fun of the Carnival ship docked next to us. I just wanted to say that Carnival was very nice in doing a waiver for me.

Anyone who has an uppidity opinion of Carnival needs to pay attention to their newer ships which have new and interesting things like Bike Tract high up in the back end of the ship. Besides as a company they help develop new ports. Case in point is Amber Cove.

I may be on RCI thread but I also go onto all the others and it is nice to compare how one is treated and for me NCL is in the lead but I do like RCI too.

No but let's face it Carnival is the butt of jokes at lot of times and I have been on RCI ships where the cruise director made fun of the Carnival ship docked next to us. I just wanted to say that Carnival was very nice in doing a waiver for me.

Anyone who has an uppidity opinion of Carnival needs to pay attention to their newer ships which have new and interesting things like Bike Tract high up in the back end of the ship. Besides as a company they help develop new ports. Case in point is Amber Cove.

I may be on RCI thread but I also go onto all the others and it is nice to compare how one is treated and for me NCL is in the lead but I do like RCI too.

Talk about no class. Then again... RCI cruise directors leave a lot to be desired. Not even sure I know who the last few were, or if I seen them. WAIT, the one on the Oasis in September I remember! Jeff... ugh... useless.

We have found the Resolutions Department to be very accommodating to us on many occasions. The way I see it, if one is nice with them, they are nice with you. Also, all phone calls with Royal Caribbean are recorded, Resolution Department are able to go back and check exactly what was said by this or that agent. They do so for training purposes and also to protect themselves. Any issues we have had in the past have been promptly dealt with and to our satisfaction. I believe in the art of negotiation and to always remain calm in making your ask and always to ask for a little more than what you really want and you will usually see that Resolution Department accommodates and I do not think status has anything to do with it. Someone who gets screamed at will not be inclined to help out. This is my opinion.

And in conclusion I called RCI today and they said I could move my room that they selected (which was partially obstructed) to a nicer room with no obstruction. and no FEE yea.

The agent told me that upper management has greatly reduced their ability to make adjustments for customers and that while she agreed with me, I think it is best to say I got a much better room worth about 500 dollars more for only 100 dollars more. So Let it be ( as the song says).....[/quote]

Congratulations in getting the upgrade without that $100 FEE.

The agent told me that upper management has greatly reduced their ability to make adjustments for customers and that while she agreed with me, I think it is best to say I got a much better room worth about 500 dollars more for only 100 dollars more. So Let it be ( as the song says)

So I am satisfied and in fact the agent was able to help with two more bookings getting me a good deal in Copenhagen pre-cruise hotel next summer.

So for now while the whole issue still bugs me a little bit - I choose to do as the song says LET IT GO -- LET IT GO. I thank Bob for pointing out the removal of the studio rooms which I was told were not doing well. Most folks did not like the location and were used to NCL version of solo rooms better. RCI removed them during design.

So now only the Harmony has them and I bet they will be removed when next refurb occurs.

And as a side note, I will be booking that Independence of the seas out of Southampton for Canaries. The agent helped me on the transfer situation as well.

toodles all

They are very popular cabins.

They are also on some Radiance class ships and all of the Quantum class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have found the Resolutions Department to be very accommodating to us on many occasions. The way I see it, if one is nice with them, they are nice with you. Also, all phone calls with Royal Caribbean are recorded, Resolution Department are able to go back and check exactly what was said by this or that agent. They do so for training purposes and also to protect themselves. Any issues we have had in the past have been promptly dealt with and to our satisfaction. I believe in the art of negotiation and to always remain calm in making your ask and always to ask for a little more than what you really want and you will usually see that Resolution Department accommodates and I do not think status has anything to do with it. Someone who gets screamed at will not be inclined to help out. This is my opinion.

I could not agree more! If the OP used the same tone with resolutions that she used early in this thread, I can see them not wanting to go that extra mile

OP, I was reading the other post with those originally booked staterooms on Symphony being removed and saw your note about being charged $100 when they moved you. I'm sorry this has happened. Sounds like a mixup with the addition of switching cruises (even though months ago). I hope it gets resolved for you. I know some reply back with not so polite posts but I appreciate your post in warning others to check and watch our bookings.

I could not agree more! If the OP used the same tone with resolutions that she used early in this thread, I can see them not wanting to go that extra mile

Excuse me but my tone was very nice thank you very much. You were not there so don't judge. A tone on this thread is after it was over and I stated up front that I was angry.

OP, I was reading the other post with those originally booked staterooms on Symphony being removed and saw your note about being charged $100 when they moved you. I'm sorry this has happened. Sounds like a mixup with the addition of switching cruises (even though months ago). I hope it gets resolved for you. I know some reply back with not so polite posts but I appreciate your post in warning others to check and watch our bookings.

THANK YOU it made my day. Folks on these threads want to pounce and judge. I cruise a lot and change a lot as well.

In the end like I said I got the same agent again that I had 2 days ago and she felt I should be given credit but hands tied. In the end she helped me with 2 other trips and all is well.

Still I think the cruise lines encouraged multi bookings and changes. Now they Re back tracking and do things auto into our accounts.

So yes always check and again thanks for your support:D

So why eliminate them?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Because on the Oasis class they stuck them near the dining room along the side with no other rooms.

I did stay in one on Anthem and it was in middle as a cormer room off hall. It haf a very odd 3/4 bed and hard as a rock.

Really only NCL does solo rooms the right way with studio lounge as well.

Because on the Oasis class they stuck them near the dining room along the side with no other rooms.

I did stay in one on Anthem and it was in middle as a cormer room off hall. It haf a very odd 3/4 bed and hard as a rock.

Really only NCL does solo rooms the right way with studio lounge as well.

They are not on "Oasis class" - just on the Harmony.

I don't think that Royal Caribbean has revealed their reasoning for dropping them from the Symphony.

Perhaps it will be clearer after she has been launched.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums