do you hear voices from your bathroom vent?

luckyinpa

is this a regal thing or entire princess line?

first time i went in the bathroom i thought i was in a horror movie, i heard voices/static, weird things. realized it was from the vent. i should have tried to get it recorded on my phone but never heard this in another ship nor any hotels i've stayed in even. it was eerie and creepy.

cabin L 225

so is this a paranormal vortex or just bad ship design?

I was in L221 2 years ago. I don't recall hearing anything. I'll be in L220 in 9 days so I'll be sure to check, lol.

OP I have a question for you. Was there a weird smell right around the hallway bend near 221? Did you ever turn down that way? 2 years ago, we had to hold our breaths right at that spot when we left our cabin heading to the pool deck. It was like terrible musty BO. We theorize dig could be from the housekeeping cart that wa Stowe there occasionally but the smell perisisted even when the cart wasn't there.

Honestly, it of the reason we picked the port side for our cabin this year!

first time i went in the bathroom i thought i was in a horror movie, i heard voices/static, weird things. realized it was from the vent. i should have tried to get it recorded on my phone but never heard this in another ship nor any hotels i've stayed in even. it was eerie and creepy.

cabin L 225

We have sailed on Princess ships 18 times have never heard noise from adjoining cabins.

I was in L221 2 years ago. I don't recall hearing anything. I'll be in L220 in 9 days so I'll be sure to check, lol.

OP I have a question for you. Was there a weird smell right around the hallway bend near 221? Did you ever turn down that way? 2 years ago, we had to hold our breaths right at that spot when we left our cabin heading to the pool deck. It was like terrible musty BO. We theorize dig could be from the housekeeping cart that wa Stowe there occasionally but the smell perisisted even when the cart wasn't there.

Typically, those smells are caused by the AC drying out the water in deck drain traps (that S-shaped thing under your sink), allowing smells to back up. Most times, if brought to crew's attention, they will find the offending trap, and pour some water down it. Many deck drains don't see enough water to make up for the low humidity AC air evaporating the trap water. This can happen in your cabin bathroom as well. There is a floor drain (outside the shower), either a gutter at the door, or a round drain usually tucked under the toilet, and if this doesn't see much overflow from the shower, it can dry out as well. A glass of water down the drain every day will keep this from happening.

Just great. We'll be in L209, but on the Royal in December!

You seem to like that area. What else can you tell me about it? Did you hear noise from above?

lol ..too funny and I thought I was the only one.

I constantly hear voices telling me to sign up for another cruise. No wait that is from the DW.

As the DW to c-boy, he is the voice wanting to book another cruise as well:D

Just great. We'll be in L209, but on the Royal in December!

You seem to like that area. What else can you tell me about it? Did you hear noise from above?

We didn't hear any noise from above! We really loved the location. We spend so much time on the Lido deck it made sense to stay there. Just a quick walk down the hall and I have access to food, drink, pools, ice cream and. MUTS!

I'll be sure to report back if I feel differenl,y this time!

We were just on the CB a couple of weeks ago and yes, there were some faint voices heard coming from the bathroom vent......but, it was probably because they were working on one A/C ducts across the passageway from us and it most likely the maintenance folks in conversation.

We were on a ship once (can't remember if it was Princess or not) and we often heard low volumn music through the vent in our bathroom. Could not hear it at all in the rest of our cabin. :confused:

this was my experience too this summer on the pacific princess. it wasn't all the time and it could only be heard in the bathroom.

Typically, those smells are caused by the AC drying out the water in deck drain traps (that S-shaped thing under your sink), allowing smells to back up. Most times, if brought to crew's attention, they will find the offending trap, and pour some water down it. Many deck drains don't see enough water to make up for the low humidity AC air evaporating the trap water. This can happen in your cabin bathroom as well. There is a floor drain (outside the shower), either a gutter at the door, or a round drain usually tucked under the toilet, and if this doesn't see much overflow from the shower, it can dry out as well. A glass of water down the drain every day will keep this from happening.

Thank you for the great info.

We didn't hear any noise from above! We really loved the location. We spend so much time on the Lido deck it made sense to stay there. Just a quick walk down the hall and I have access to food, drink, pools, ice cream and. MUTS!

I'll be sure to report back if I feel differenl,y this time!

Good to hear that. I'm excited about being on Lido and in a mini suite for the 1st time.

Yes, please do report back! Hopefully it will be the same for you (and me!).

never smelled anything in the halls. and actually didnt even venture past our room around the bend and to the other side. just forgot to. but did have a smell in the bathroom which i believe was not the toilet. with lid closed i doubt could smell anything . but the glade freshener couldnt mask it, needed something stronger!

Interesting; I’ve sailed on many of the Princess ships including the Regal and have never encountered noises through the bathroom vents. Vents can easily pick up noise, though; I’ve been in several homes where you can hear conversations plain as day through the vents. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for making our noncruise day!

We will make sure we'll be more attentive next time on Royal class ships. Never heard anything like this on Royal Princess during our 10 dayer. Maybe we didn't drink enough.

cabin L 225

We cannot remember which Princess ship but yes we did hear voices from the bathroom vent and it seemed to be coming from the bridge. We think they mistakenly left a switch on because a short time later it stopped.

Evidently if you are hearing this the person in charge has the audio turned up to far. This more than likely is subliminal advertising that most cruise lines used. You should be aware that the message which only your subconscious should be hearing is book another cruise. Ask your self why is it after my cruise is over why do I keep thinking about another cruise.