Caution seapass card has most of cabin number

TommyD3

This is a dream for predators. Any young girl they like can easily be found, can call the room directly and make plans outside of the parents knowledge; or just plain stalk and harass. Just another example... again, I see a lot wrong with this.

All one has to do is stand in line behind the intended target at Blu or Select dining and wait for them to ask for your stateroom number.. or perhaps at boat drill when passengers are required to give out their stateroom...

Much ado about nothing...

I'm happy with the number being displayed on my card.

Okay, okay for all who are 'upset' about room numbers on their SeaPass, please note the the DOT has only had three (3) reported crimes on any X ship in the last 18 months or so.

Are there more, just not reported? More than likely.

Here is a summary of crimes aboard cruise ships and in ports. Appears to be mainly crew on passengers and not passengers on passengers from my quick scan of the site.

X is one of the lines with a low report of incidents, of course there were lines during this time frame which had no reports.

Some may want to use these statistics to guide on which line to book going forward, possibly.

Also, this does not mean your concerns are unfounded or mis-guided, to me, just not a 'major' concern unless you have had known stalkers before boarding. AND you need to know where your children are when not in supervised activities aboard any cruise line!

bon voyage

Completely agree with you..Several years ago there was a Rape aboard a HAL ship..It was written up in an Orlando Newspaper & by Cruise Critic.

The perp was a Crew Member not a Psgr...Crew members have access to all Psgr cabins & supposedly they are thoroughly vetted..But you can never be sure & that is one reason I would never permit someone under 21 in my family to have a cabin alone..

In the following article there is a Web address for the Newspaper..

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992729

Several good books to read are: "Cruise Confidential" by Brian David Bruns

and "Unsafe on the High Seas" (your guide to a Safer Cruise) by Charles R. Lipcon

Edited by serendipity1499

Unless you’re not actually in an Aqua cabin, and then that would confuse them ....eh, Bo ;p.

LOL v - I like to mix it, sometimes.... keep the sailing interesting and fun!

bon voyage :cool:

Do you not have to keep your insurance papers in your car in the US? We do and it has your address on it.

In Manitoba (Canada)- they finally took the address off our insurance papers as we too, are required to keep them in the car. We are insured by the province for auto insurance (mandatory for basic insurance) and that is one of the best things that they did in years.:D

Just renewed my auto insurance and they pointed it out.

In Manitoba (Canada)- they finally took the address off our insurance papers as we too, are required to keep them in the car. We are insured by the province for auto insurance (mandatory for basic insurance) and that is one of the best things that they did in years.:D

Just renewed my auto insurance and they pointed it out.

Very interesting. It makes no sense that it's on there. Hopefully BC moves in the same direction.

Very interesting. It makes no sense that it's on there. Hopefully BC moves in the same direction.

In US different states have different rules. They must be in the car in Pennsylvania. After having cars stolen however we leave nothing in the car with our home address. We carry it with us. Since cars often have garage door opener built in, why give someone your address if they're already stealing the vehicle? Sorry to go off topic.

Well have a look at your car ownership, pretty sure in BC and Manitoba and every other jurisdiction it will have your address. This document has to be available in your vehicle if requested along with proof of insurance. In Ontario it is common to have a photocopy of ownership cert. and am not sure if this is within the law or not. When traveling in the US we always carry the original as Canadian Snowbird Assoc. and CAA have advised members only original documentation is acceptable.

Anyway I guess we are getting way off topic.

Since cars often have garage door opener built in, why give someone your address if they're already stealing the vehicle? Sorry to go off topic.

As far as I"m concerned, I"m not concerned if someone steals my vehicle and opens my garage door. All I store in the garage is junk I don't want in the house. They will be captured on two video cameras focused on my driveway. If they enter the house, they trip the central monitored alarm. I will be called and the police will show up.

However I still don't leave insurance or registration information in the car in case someone steals it and then can produce them if stopped by police. Let them explain why they don't have the documents. lol

Hi Tommy:

We've all heard stories about people wandering around and looking for their cabin. Perhaps this is a sign that Celebrity is attempting to attract an older demographic and recognizes the problems that may happen with that passenger pool. Actually I was told on MIL that it was done because people do forget. I mentioned the same security concern that you indicated.

At the age of 70 I have no problem remembering my room number. I'm more likely to forget to take my room card with me!

At the age of 70 I have no problem remembering my room number. I'm more likely to forget to take my room card with me!

I'm half a decade older than you and have no problem remembering my cabin number. I can't remember what I was going to say....oh, well.