Classic Drinks Package Changes

MandB

No, I will not upgrade to Premium when I hardly drink any alcohol. I presume the next cutback will be a limit on the daily amount of drinks served - watch this space ;).

Carnival already caps how many drinks you can have per day. I have heard that Carnival and NCL just increased their package rates. I have read that NCL now charges $89 per day!

Carnival already caps how many drinks you can have per day. I have heard that Carnival and NCL just increased their package rates. I have read that NCL now charges $89 per day!

NCL almost always has the beverage package included with your booking, not sure too many people ever actually ever pay for it. We just got off Princess and their beverage package is now up to $70.00 a day and has a 15 drink limit.

You start to appreciate Celebrity's drink package offerings when you realize NCL's package does NOT include water, fresh squeezed juices, or specialty coffees! (And you cannot bring liquid of any kind onto the ship, even on embarcation day) :( I love my Aspens! And it's nice Celebrity allows you to pay the difference for a premium selection.

.Another crazy notion is that smoothies at the HEALTHY option breakfast cafe are more than these spirits and effectively excluded from the classic package.

I was very sad to see the removal of smoothies from the classic package this past July/August on Reflection.

Well, Celebrity has two choices if their costs increase: increase the cost of the package for everyone, or increase the cost of individual items and allow guests to pay that difference. Paying that difference seems like the less painful alternative. I do agree that this move makes the Premium package more desirable.

Well, Celebrity has two choices if their costs increase: increase the cost of the package for everyone, or increase the cost of individual items and allow guests to pay that difference. Paying that difference seems like the less painful alternative. I do agree that this move makes the Premium package more desirable.

Yep, I hear they added Kool-Aid to the Classic package too.

I get the classic package and my wife upgrades to premium. I drink vodka or crown plus soda she drinks martinis.

So upgrading her drink package and me staying with classic works for us.

I can always pay the difference and get somerhing better if Id like.

Celebrity including (so to speak) drink package is a deal.

Im sure prices will go up..

I get the classic package and my wife upgrades to premium. I drink vodka or crown plus soda she drinks martinis.

So upgrading her drink package and me staying with classic works for us.

I can always pay the difference and get somerhing better if Id like.

Celebrity including (so to speak) drink package is a deal.

Im sure prices will go up..

Crown is now listed on the Premium package [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's been awhile since we cruised Celebrity and I forgot how this worked.

Are both of the "wine by the glass" classic and premium menus available at the bars? At the dinner table?

While on Equinox in April, I was surprised that the wine list wasn't automatically provided, along with the dinner menu, when we were seated. There is a very short list of wines printed in the dinner menu. Since we had the premium beverage package, I didn't appreciate this - and ultimately resolved to ask for the wine list each night. After doing so a few times, the wine list was offered without request each of the remaining nights. I you haven't across the wine list on one of the Celebrity threads, you can search for the "wines by the glass" lists. The ones I saw recently are the same as those we had in April.

Classic Beverage Package works fine for us. We mainly drink beer, water, wine, margarita, shot of Crown Royal. Most recent Celebrity cruise was on the Infinity 17-25 September.

I don't think Crown Royal is on the Classic Beverage Package now.

We were on Silhouette earlier this month, with Classic package.

I regularly ordered a Diet Coke in the theatre, and got an opened and partially poured can every time.

In Murano, there was no suitable red wine under the limit, but there was no problem them getting the correct Merlot for us which is under the Classic limit. Indeed, one evening, the bottle was already opened, so others must have made the same request.

And now the beer cost limit is the same as for other drinks, more beer on the classic package, despite increases. I mean, $10 for a bottle of Peroni!

In short, not an issue at all. Sorry that the OP didn't have the same experience.

Stuart

I don't think Crown Royal is on the Classic Beverage Package now.

Bummer. What a difference a little over a month makes. I'll check it out on our B2B cruise on the Equinox March 2018. If CR is no longer a choice on the CBP no biggie. I won't have a shot or few.

NCL almost always has the beverage package included with your booking, not sure too many people ever actually ever pay for it. We just got off Princess and their beverage package is now up to $70.00 a day and has a 15 drink limit.

Yes but you have to pay the gratuity and water is NOT included!!

snow bunny

Just come off Eclipse out of UK in Oct and although some prices of drinks have increased so has the limit on classic package to 11 dollars. So if you want for example a drink priced at 12 dollars you only pay the extra 1

Just to clarify, does this include the grat ? No recent experience but I recall pax reporting that the prices are adjusted to incllude grat when sailing ex UK?

I just booked a TransAtlantic for April 2019 on the Edge. I am new to Celebrity. Can you pre-order drinks to be delivered to your cabin before sailing, or buy a bottle of liquor from a Bon Voyage dept? Thanks for the replys.

Just come off Eclipse out of UK in Oct and although some prices of drinks have increased so has the limit on classic package to 11 dollars. So if you want for example a drink priced at 12 dollars you only pay the extra 1

The $11 in UK is roughly equivalent to the $9 in US since the UK includes the additional 18% gratuity.

We're on the =X= Infinity this December and we still haven't decided whether to upgrade to the Premium, or not (if we do, it is for convenience sake).

IF we do upgrade, I will be sure to brush my teeth each morning with San Pellegrino, as a previous poster (different thread, same theme) had suggested to do.

Heather

We're on the =X= Infinity this December and we still haven't decided whether to upgrade to the Premium, or not (if we do, it is for convenience sake).

IF we do upgrade, I will be sure to brush my teeth each morning with San Pellegrino, as a previous poster (different thread, same theme) had suggested to do.

Heather

Heather, Do you usually order mixed drinks with well liquor? Would you rather prefer premium call or top shelf liquors? If it's the latter, then you will have no choice but to upgrade because the quality difference is well worth the $11.80 additional daily cost. Then you'll be able to do that Pellegrino brush and try Belvedere Vodka in your martini. :D