The two different Canada/ New England cruises are back. Attn. Ruth C.

geocruiser

Thank you so much for remembering my disappointment and drawing my attention to the new editions of these cruises. Unfortunately for me, they come under the heading of "too little, too late". I have already planned two cruises in 2019, in a close to these time frame, and I don't want to give them up.

So many cruises, so little time (and money). sigh. These do sound fabulous, though. Maybe 2020??? Something to look forward to!

Yes it is, sail. I think this might be a great itinerary and am seriously looking at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, superoma.

I also think itt a great itineary and when my P CC is back in his office, I may speak witth him about it. I get a little queasy booking so far out these days. i used to boo k far out without much hesita tion but I am not sure it is a good idea now. I also want to c onfirm there is a different Pinnacle Manager on Veendam now. I don' want another cruise where I cannot dine in Pinnacle because of a less thhan professional, not up to standards Manager. It was a disappointment we could not enjoy some nice dinners her and he just could not get it right... I'm not surre how hard he actually tried. :roll eyes:

Thank you so much for remembering my disappointment and drawing my attention to the new editions of these cruises. Unfortunately for me, they come under the heading of "too little, too late". I have already planned two cruises in 2019, in a close to these time frame, and I don't want to give them up.

So many cruises, so little time (and money). sigh. These do sound fabulous, though. Maybe 2020??? Something to look forward to!

I do remember how disappointed you were. Happy to hear that you found two other cruises to fill the gap.

Ruth, this is the cruise (well, the 11 day part for me anyway) that we were supposed to be sailing together. Honestly I'm not sorry that we're both doing the three week Alaska in 2019 (just that we're not on the same sailing!) but maybe our paths will cross on this cruise in 2020 if they run it again! Actually I like the second one, the sort of mini-voyage of the vikings, that geocruiser posted. pretty sure that so long as we're still in good health that I could convince my mother to go on either itinerary.

geocruiser, thank you for the heads up!

Here is one more that I also would like to do.

It sails on 9/3/19[/img]

Oh, my gosh! Be still my heart! Now you are sorely tempting me. This is the cruise we have been talking about on CC for years! It's great that HAL is finally going to offer it.

I could just be persuaded to do another cruise in a fairly short amount of time. Would a long cruise in April, followed by a 3-week cruise in June, and this in early September be too much??? Would my cat ever forgive me for leaving her so much???

I am going to investigate this one tomorrow.

Its too bad there isn't the option to sail from NYC on at least one of the cruises.

In September 2019 Zuiderdam sails between New York and Quebec - with overnights in Quebec -- possible to do a back to back round trip. We sailed her Quebec to New York this past September - and might repeat. Quebec is a beautiful old city - much more worth seeing than Montreal.

I'm afraid to book this new itinerary and then have HAL cancel it again.

Here is one more that I also would like to do.

It sails on 9/3/19

N9A24A.jpg

What a great itinerary. The dates don’t work for us, but for years I have been saying that HAL should offer a round trip to Iceland and Greenland from the US.

We have been there but it was on one leg of the VOV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the information of those cruises reported above. They are the first Canada/New England cruises that interests us. We have wanted to see more Canadian ports. However we feel like "Sail" and are not to anxious to book cruises that far out. We are a little older now and have to wait to make sure we will be fit enough to go. We will be certainly following those itineraries, they look very interesting.

However we feel like "Sail" and are not to anxious to book cruises that far out. We are a little older now and have to wait to make sure we will be fit enough to go.

I sure know that feeling. But there are cruises I still want to take, and am hopeful that I will be able to do at least some of them. So, my solution is to grab the cruises, and the cabins, I want when I see them, and know I have until final payment to cancel.

And I purchase insurance in case something happens after final payment.

I'm not going to give up things I really want just "in case" something goes wrong. When it does, I deal with it then.