If we decide to stay on board at a port

mrsd2fan

No-You will not be the only people who choose to stay on board.

It will be quiet and lovely . There will be bars open and the Lido stations will be open. There may not be a lot of special activities going on but there will be some. You will feel like you have a private resort of your own!

I woke up with a headache on our Progreso day so we decided to stay onboard and loved it!! We got to see them do the boat drill where they lower the lifeboats in water and tested them by circling around the ship a few times, we thought that was really neat and if you love trivia which we do there’s plenty of that going on too if you decide to stay onboard. Best part, no lines at lunch!!! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's nice to sometimes make a sea day out of a port day. It will be quite which can be nice just to sit by the pool or just relax around the ship.

Keith

We were on the Breeze on a NYE cruise and we stayed on in Ocho Rios. We had the whole main pool to ourselves till 1 pm

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've stayed aboard - or just got off the ship briefly to buy some things - a few times. All ports we'd visited previously - Grand Cayman, Montego Bay (we had booked an excursion that was canceled due to weather) and Nassau. We were by no means the only folks on the ship any of these times, but it was nice to have plenty of room by the pools and no lines at the buffet.

When we stop at Half Moon Cay we always tender in late morning and have a leisurely "umbrella drink" at an island bar. Then we head back to the ship for an uncrowded lunch and an afternoon at the pool or Serenity with very few other passengers.

It's a most enjoyable day :D

There can be so few people on board with you trivia is played with four to six people. On our last cruise the trivia staff brought board games and we had a blast. Wound up playing for 2 hours and laughing our heads off. Hope it happens in my upcoming cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many years ago DW & DD and I decided to skip Nassau. We had been there 5 times in the past 3 years. They had trivia on board and another couple joined us for the game. We barely lost the first game but we did it in less 10 minutes, so the Carnival person decided that we would play another game. This is the game that we won our first Golden Ship on a Stick (Freedom). It is great memories and we talked about it when we talk about cruise memories. Now we have 8 Golden Ship on a Stick trophies (won 2 Vista's this past October). Our first was the only one we won in port. We felt we were snake bite and since then the wins have become easier.

Quick note: on the Vista we were teamed up with Newlyweds on their first cruise. We played the trivia pursuit game. It wasn't even close. They were so happy that they won a GSOS. Another Great memory for us.

We stayed on board while docked in Nassau on our last cruise, and it was great. Got to swim in a mostly empty pool, ride the water slides, hot tub to myself on Serenity, no lines at lunch, and the bar waiters made sure we had a drink at all times ;)

on Caribbean cruises we stay on more than we get off now a days. We love the peace and quiet and available seats at the serenity area. Not all bars are open and there aren't that many waiters but enjoy every quiet second. We love it! I like going on the slides but as a nearly 60 female don't like anyone watching me go down lol so it's the perfect time to go. :)