Live Oasis, Jan 7th 2018 with pics

Loving your review so far. Look forward to more.

A question about the late seating, did they change it from 8 to 7:30? When we were on last Sept. it was later?? Hoping it is at 7:30 as we gave our kids a cruise on Oasis for Christmas.

That I'm not sure. I know there was a thread specifically about the late seating. I'm glad tho, 730 is much better than 800

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you're able to get a pic of the shaded seating areas near the side by side hot tubs near the main pool that would be great. Safe travels and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if this is what you wanted but hey are a couple shots.

5d4bb8ef31ba707c0e7a622bd392abf2.jpgea59ba05429e1f9c4427c51d7987a1ee.jpg92fa6a8e81f65472bd27388bf881ee2b.jpg

Great deal on the airfare. One catch with Frontier is baggage fees. Sometimes they charge more for my bag than for me! I trusted you packed light and smart.

Have a great time. I'll be following along as we sail in two weeks.

Actually if you buy your luggage at the same time u book your flight it's $25 per bag. Same as most airlines. But yes, if you wait till the gate, I think it was $60. Ouch! Seats are $13, but the savings, especially from the West coast is way worth it.

I thought they did away with toiletries? Or if this cause we're diamond?

Not because you are Diamond. Either because you're in a suite, or your stateroom attendant is going above and beyond.

I already see typos. Sorry, my fingers just don't find the right keys or Google chooses poorly what it thinks I'm trying to say [emoji14]

I sympathize , when I first got my Samsung Galaxy, I tried to text my wife that I was running late, but the roads were bad I was going to take my time, something happened and autocorrect inserted LIFE for time. Boy I had to follow that up quick!

But any way, I'm looking forward to reading a report about Oasis and seeing the pics. We have been cold for 2 weeks now.

So before we got to the ship, we had to stop at our favorite store, Ron Jon, and oh my is this the mother load of all Ron Jon stores!! This is the 1st time we've been to the flagship store, Wow, is it huge! Bought a couple shirts and more importantly, sweatshirts, it's cold as heck here. It's warming up nicely tho.67658ec5b5c703ff03a22b1704b26e56.jpg

I hope my wife never sees this photo! I'd never see her till time to board. I purposely cut out the photo that says they are open 24 hours! I have 2 cruises scheduled for here.

Good morning all, well it's almost afternoon. Slept until 1030. Wow, we were tired.

The ship is really rocking and rolling this morning. The Seas are pretty rough and it's windy and cool. I hear it did rain this morning too.

b02484e1457a78c609d819033a720547.jpg

This is our position right now.

9c85f3fd61a86d83ea69020fc7c883c4.jpg

My view from the diamond lounge.

46acdcf4e2e2215a121658c40cca357f.jpg

The speed test. Seems really fast. I have 150m at home and it seems just as fast

We had really great dinner last night at 150 CP. The lobster nocci was fantastic, we also had the fennel salad, it was good and my wife and had the beef for two, I forgot what it's called and my daughter had the Short rib. All were great.

The bread and salt

d36cd355c14b8b0881f3a5a1f7912ed5.jpg

5336455032dcb422ca37a8e14980484d.jpg

Oooops, I hit reply instead of insert photo, here are the rest

de931e27d6917dc4a90c1cf0c45afdd1.jpg

53ace2dae9188cf5e7805923d63c0792.jpg

beae0ac44f3bc9b492c1ac85a91ab335.jpg

Again definitely worth the $20 we paid with the 1st night done right. I was wondering if they were going to charge the gratuity, he asked for my card but when he came back the charge was zero. We tipped extra, but at least the price I paid included the tip.

Although now I'm wondering if he brought the bill back for us to add the gratuity, I only tipped $10 as an extra tip, I hope that wasn't supposed to be for the whole tip. Hmmmmm

Maybe I'll go back n find out. I'll feel bad if that's all he gets.

The 188ms ping is probably better than the average report from an O3B equipped ship. The down/up speeds are in the normal range.
This is surf and stream too. I thought the 1st time we were on Oasis exactly 2 years ago I was in the 22's for download, maybe not tho

This is surf and stream too. I thought the 1st time we were on Oasis exactly 2 years ago I was in the 22's for download, maybe not tho

You probably were. When O3B first came out, the norm for Stream was around 25 Mbps down ( one or two ships may still be at that). In the past two years, RCI has throttled that down to a max of about 5 Mbps down.