Navigator of the seas drydock

54 minutes ago, twangster said:

However I don't see the comparison to the Pearl's pool deck.  

Agreed. The Pearl's pool deck looks like it's from the 80s and very boring. Navigator's actually looks pretty nice to me. Worth noting that the entire pool deck will look different once all the lounge chairs are added!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

I'm in the minority opinion  here... very cheap looking. Reminds me of the massively tacky NCL Pearl pool deck.

What used to be my favorite class of ship ever is quickly taking a run to the bottom of my list.:classic_sad:

I'll reserve judgement until I'm on the ship in a couple of weeks.   I was nervous about the pool deck when I first saw the concept, but mainly because I thought it would be too "80's neon", and really tacky.  The design may very well end up being a little too "casual Caribbean" for me, but we'll see.  Like the previous poster wrote, it also looks a little stark and lots of solid colors without the pool loungers set out to break it up.

After sailing the Voyager and Freedom classes (My favorites) a number of times, I am looking forward to a facelift.  

Dan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CazV said:

I got my info from the official Port Miami daily dock schedule in case anyone is wondering. 

https://seaport2.miamidade.gov/dailydock/Default.aspx

I've been stalking cruise ships for years and never stumbled across that site. Its so detailed I love it! It was dead on accurate when Navigator arrived this morning! Thanks so much for sharing!

• Like 2

Finally some more time to edit! New Mini Gold location and a couple of the new forward balconies are visible. Also its hard to see from the lineup photo but Navigator looked brand new compared to everything else. Everything looked pristine! Thanks to everyone for the positive comments! There was a ton of fog in the area this morning and these shots were taken during about a 15 minute period of sun so I was very lucky!

Navigator 3 2-25-2.jpg

Navigator Golf 2-25.jpg

Navigator Lineup 2-25.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@AdamsAway beautiful shots. Thank you again 🙂 I hope you don't mind, but I've shared them to a couple of groups on FB (crediting you and CC as the source) and everyone is loving them. :classic_love: You did well to capture them as I was watching the webcam and saw the fog. 

Wow! The pics are amazing! Thank you! Interesting that it looks like 2 of the hot tubs were moved to the bump outs on the top deck - they used to get a lot of loungers into that space. And is there a charge for the little ‘huts’ all around? Are there seats in them or space for a lounger? 

• Like 1

Just interested in your use of a drone 

Are there not restrictions about using them ?

I only as here in the UK one of our major airports was virtually closed for 2 days recently due to drones 

I appreciate a ship and a plane are very different but just wondererd regarding security issues

GREAT PICS BY THE WAY

I don’t think it looks any different to the other Amplified ships. NCL look horrendous to me, as long as the slides are separate from the pools I’m all good

52 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Hate to be the negative one, but there is a lot going on there. Design-wise, it really seems like a step backwards. Maybe they in a race with NCL to see how much stuff you can cram onto a top deck. 

At least the slides and Flowrider are in the aft and not right next to the main pool area like on NCL. NCL Breakaway and Breakaway Plus class ships have the absolute worst pool deck. At least the Navigator has two main pools AND a solarium. I don't think it looks tacky, I think it looks clean and modern/tropical. I love the cabanas and umbrellas. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2019 at 4:45 PM, Biker19 said:

I've looked at the app just about every day since someone posted it being available and have yet to see it available - maybe some who added it might still have access.

Mine was not showing up last night, but is showing up today. Finger's crossed it stays!

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That just happened in the last hour or so - it was not there earlier this morning.

My March reservations are functioning now, but they are still loading info about the cruise.

One question, is this the app that allows for messaging between devices using the app?  I thought that I read that one of their apps allow for this.  Or is that a different RCI app.?

Thanks,

Dan

11 hours ago, CazV said:

@AdamsAway beautiful shots. Thank you again 🙂 I hope you don't mind, but I've shared them to a couple of groups on FB (crediting you and CC as the source) and everyone is loving them. :classic_love: You did well to capture them as I was watching the webcam and saw the fog. 

Thanks so much! As long as credit is given you are welcome to share them! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sxphil said:

Just interested in your use of a drone 

Are there not restrictions about using them ?

I only as here in the UK one of our major airports was virtually closed for 2 days recently due to drones 

I appreciate a ship and a plane are very different but just wondererd regarding security issues

GREAT PICS BY THE WAY

Thanks for the comment. Of course there are restrictions on using a drone. All of which were followed in capturing these images. PortMiami is further than 5 miles from the closest airport with a control tower. There is a Sea Plane base that shares the Port with the Ships but they only have flights on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Drone flights are always restricted to 400 ft (with some exceptions) which keeps us below the flight seeing helicopters and banner towing small aircraft near the beaches. Drone flights in this area, especially during cruise ship sailaways are extremely common. Some of the best photos of these beautiful ships are captured in Miami, due to the ports location and drone friendly airspace and parks nearby. Thanks again for the compliment on the photos, I'm happy to be able to share them to a community that appreciates them!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AdamsAway said:

Thanks for the comment. Of course there are restrictions on using a drone. All of which were followed in capturing these images. PortMiami is further than 5 miles from the closest airport with a control tower. There is a Sea Plane base that shares the Port with the Ships but they only have flights on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Drone flights are always restricted to 400 ft (with some exceptions) which keeps us below the flight seeing helicopters and banner towing small aircraft near the beaches. Drone flights in this area, especially during cruise ship sailaways are extremely common. Some of the best photos of these beautiful ships are captured in Miami, due to the ports location and drone friendly airspace and parks nearby. Thanks again for the compliment on the photos, I'm happy to be able to share them to a community that appreciates them!

Thanks for that I think as usual the UK are about to go OTT because of a stupid few . Its a shame because as you have demonstrated they can produce some great pic's in the right hands