Navigator of the seas drydock

30 minutes ago, nolimits said:

Disgruntled and disappointed are 2 very different things. Looking at ship this morning .looks good .LOL .Im sure in the future We’ll use our FCC on another RCL cruise,  maybe Navigator, Vac dates are assigned can’t change 

Buisness is Buisness We agree

We also had plan B in case so weren’t as surprised as so many others.

I hope all those sailing next week and beyond are not disappointed.

The risk is too great.  Inviting the general public, especially those displaced from the cancelled cruise onto a "shakedown" cruise is a recipe for negative social media.  "OMG the ship is a disaster, stuff is broken".  Inviting press onto a shakedown cruise is another matter.  They are getting a free cruise and know what to expect with a shakedown cruise.  With expectations set they'll overlook shakedown issues and speak to the greatness of the updated ship. 

I was also booked on the 2/24 cruise so I understand.  My plan B was to book the 3/1 cruise in the event this happened.   Just glad the 3/1 cruise hasn't been impacted, yet. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, AdamsAway said:

Hello all! Navigator made it in to Miami this morning and she looks beautiful! I was able to grab a couple of pictures! Hope you all enjoy!

These are awesome... thank you 🙂 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AdamsAway said:

Hello all! Navigator made it in to Miami this morning and she looks beautiful! I was able to grab a couple of pictures! Hope you all enjoy!

Ooh, aah...  love it!  I'm also glad that the main pool colors aren't so "in your face gaudy" as they looked in some of the early info put out by RCI.

Looks like less less hot tubs overall though.  There used to be 4 on the pool deck.  Now it appears there are 3 (including the 2 new ones on the walking deck above).  I'm also assuming they got rid of the big indoor hot tub that used to be at the entrance to the old fitness center.

Dan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Two satellite antennas were moved from aft to mid-ship to make room for the water slides.  Maybe, just maybe they were upgraded to be O3b capable.  Will find out soon enough.

Fingers crossed! 

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Looks amazing with the slides and modified pool!  What is the blue and white striped thing?

Lime & Coconut. It's the new 3 floor bar concept that replaces the Pool Bar, Sky Bar & the St Tropez sundeck. More information here: 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/the-lime-and-coconut

Hope that helps!

Edited by uday23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

What of the tiered suite seating for Gold cards?

It's been lightly used on all Freedom and Voyager class cruises I've done but it begs the question... with Royal so focused on Suite amenities, where do Gold Cards go now? 

I'm wondering this as well, it's my first time in a suite and I was really looking forward to those loungers! We sail on March 1st so I guess we will find out then, the letter from our concierge said it was beside the Sky Bar which no longer exists!

For anyone thinking about checking out the Port Miami webcam for her moving terminals the dock report has been updated. She's now scheduled to move from Terminal A to Terminal G at 7.45pm this evening. 

It now also shows her leaving at 7pm tomorrow evening and returning 6am on the 28th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CazV said:

For anyone thinking about checking out the Port Miami webcam for her moving terminals the dock report has been updated. She's now scheduled to move from Terminal A to Terminal G at 7.45pm this evening. 

It now also shows her leaving at 7pm tomorrow evening and returning 6am on the 28th.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, AdamsAway said:

Navigator Pool 2-25_IG.jpg

I'm in the minority opinion  here... very cheap looking. Reminds me of the massively tacky NCL Pearl pool deck.

What used to be my favorite class of ship ever is quickly taking a run to the bottom of my list.:classic_sad:

Pearlpooldeck_zps27d83643.jpg

• Like 1