Navigator of the seas drydock

Anyone else notice the first 5 night after dry dock is now showing Feb 24 - Feb 25?

1103828479_Navi1nightcruise.jpeg.8570ec8aa2d9ea3346c45cf99cb327fc.jpeg

Apparently they are adding a time warp drive in the dry dock.  5 Nights worth of cruising in 1 day.  🙂 

Or...

Edited by twangster
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

I went through the hassle of taking pictures of my family for our May 2017 Enchantment Cruise just to have them say oh no we still need to take pictures when we were boarding so I am not waisting the time now...they can just get the little camera out and take our picture!

Yup that is frustrating.  I think part of it has to do with the terminal as well.  Hopefully NAVIGATOR will use the brand new terminal at PortMiami that was really created for SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS and the new Icon Class.  It has the latest technology including facial recognition.  Anyway I'm curious if it will be used at all with NAVIGATOR.  We shall see.  

7 minutes ago, eroller said:

Hopefully NAVIGATOR will use the brand new terminal at PortMiami that was really created for SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS and the new Icon Class. 

Nope.  Not initially.  

On weekends Oasis class uses terminal A and on Mondays and Fridays Mariner uses terminal A.  Once Mariner repo's to PC then Navi. might begin using A but for now she is pegged to G.

https://seaport2.miamidade.gov/dailydock/Default.aspx

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Nope.  Not initially.  

On weekends Oasis class uses terminal A and on Mondays and Fridays Mariner uses terminal A.  Once Mariner repo's to PC then Navi. might begin using A but for now she is pegged to G.

https://seaport2.miamidade.gov/dailydock/Default.aspx

Thank you for that info!  I knew my cruise wouldn't leave from A as it's a Sunday so ALLURE would be there for sure.  I thought maybe for other cruises.  I think my cruise gets back on Friday, and MARINER will be at A and we will be a G.  I remember how amazing Terminal G was when VOYAGER OF THE SEAS came out.  Now it's considered outdated.  Progress!  

It's interesting how terminals are sometimes allocated.  I've noticed at Port Everglades which has the brand new Celebrity terminal for EDGE, that often other Celebrity ships are allocated another terminal, even if nothing is docked at the new EDGE terminal.  Seems odd but I'm sure there is a reason.  

Edited by eroller

It would mess up Mariner and everyone parked in the A garage to move them to G just so Navigator can use A.  Mass chaos for no apparent gain.  

The trick to G is not arriving early, very little waiting room.  Better to arrive after 1pm when cabins are ready and the huddled masses have finished stampeding each other up the gangway.  Once cabins open the Windjammer is no longer a waiting room and seats are plentiful.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

The trick to G is not arriving early, very little waiting room.  Better to arrive after 1pm when cabins are ready and the huddled masses have finished stampeding each other up the gangway.  Once cabins open the Windjammer is no longer a waiting room and seats are plentiful.  

Agree 100%.  Living in South Florida I tend to arrive at 2pm or even later.  I usually pack that morning.  It’s great because I usually have zero lines.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXGreens said:

I'll be riding those slides 2 weeks form Sunday! 

There have been times where not all attractions were finished by the time the ship re-enters service after a dry dock. Tidal Wave on Liberty was not working for several weeks after dry dock install.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

There have been times where not all attractions were finished by the time the ship re-enters service after a dry dock. Tidal Wave on Liberty was not working for several weeks after dry dock install.

Just as you said this I was floating the thought by my wife that some things "might not be ready." Hopeful that they're getting this RoyalAmped scheduled figured out now, and we're fully functioning come the 24th!

Hopefully all these slides will be up and running for the first cruise.  The Tidal Wave slide was a bit unique, I think it was the first time a slide like this was ever installed on a cruise ship, and it isn't a typical water slide.  There were safety concerns that kept pushing back its debut, and Royal Caribbean had to make a lot of tweaks.  Hopefully some lessons learned on that one.  

• Like 1

I'm on the first cruise post-dry dock and I'm preparing myself for some things not being finished.  

Based on the one day cruise duration listed for that cruise, I'm also preparing for them cancelling the 2/24 sailing to finish the work.  I hope that isn't the case, but booking a ship right after dry dock always carries that risk.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Based on the one day cruise duration listed for that cruise, I'm also preparing for them cancelling the 2/24 sailing to finish the work. 

Can you clarify that?  I'm not sure what you mean.  The Feb 24th cruise is a 5 night itinerary.  I must be reading your comment wrong?

Dan

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Can you clarify that?  I'm not sure what you mean.  The Feb 24th cruise is a 5 night itinerary.  I must be reading your comment wrong?

Dan

There was a glitch on the Royal Caribbean website that had that first sailing listed as one day.  Well not sure if it was a glitch or perhaps they were gearing up to cancel it?  Who knows?  Anyway I just went in to book it and everything shows the correct 5-day itinerary and they are still taking new bookings for the sailing.  

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 4.00.15 PM.png

16 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

In my future cruises it's listed as being from Feb 24 to Feb 25.  Normally the real start and end dates are shown.  ie Feb 24 - Mar. 1.

1103828479_Navi1nightcruise.jpeg.8570ec8

When ever dates start to go wonky it's often a precursor to a change coming.  Hopefully in this case it's just Royal IT BAU.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

In my future cruises it's listed as being from Feb 24 to Feb 25.  Normally the real start and end dates are shown.  ie Feb 24 - Mar. 1.

1103828479_Navi1nightcruise.jpeg.8570ec8

When ever dates start to go wonky it's often a precursor to a change coming.  Hopefully in this case it's just Royal IT BAU.  

Yup who knows.  Could just be an issue with their cruise planner side of things, as the booking engine is correct.  Royal is not known for their reliable technology that is for sure.   They are still taking new bookings so that is a good sign.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm on the first cruise post-dry dock and I'm preparing myself for some things not being finished.  

Based on the one day cruise duration listed for that cruise, I'm also preparing for them cancelling the 2/24 sailing to finish the work.  I hope that isn't the case, but booking a ship right after dry dock always carries that risk.  

We're on the 3/1 cruise We're also hoping that dry dock is completed as scheduled. There are things that show on the deck plans that haven't appeared on the Cruise Planner such as Hooked. Makes me feel pretty sure that if we do sail, the work will not yet be totally completed.