Navigator of the seas drydock

Busy port.

Coral Princess on the right. Norwegian Sky in the middle. Rhapsody poking out from behind the structure. And of course Navigator of the Seas on the left.

Photo by Max Railean from Princess Cruises. 

50023907_2245863448765832_8112759739684749312_n.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

On January 20, 2019 at 3:53 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah, nice. These new Deck 11 Jr Suites might be my new favorite on this class, have one booked in 2020. Depends on if other Decks can look down on to me. Last 6yrs been doing corner/Afts on Radiance and Vision Class almost exclusively ..

Those JS and their balconies look very big. They definitely will be sort after when people know about them. I'm sure they will be priced higher too (on Adventure they were). I wonder if the balcony on these are all glass or steel? What a great view if the whole thing was glass. 

31 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Those JS and their balconies look very big. They definitely will be sort after when people know about them. I'm sure they will be priced higher too (on Adventure they were). I wonder if the balcony on these are all glass or steel? What a great view if the whole thing was glass. 

Nope, not more expensive on others like Independence JS is JS so far. They are on Adventure? There was fear that the Aft Cabins/larger Balcony's would be higher in price but still havent yet.

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Im booked for the 1108 JS in July and it was the same price. The sq ft of the cabin seems to be just a bit smaller than the rest of the JS on the ship but the balcony is just massive

I apologize if this has already been mentioned as I did not read every single post in this thread.

For all who are discussing the new Deck 11 JS staterooms, CL Rick stayed in one on Adventure shortly after it came out of drydock and posted some videos of the room.  Maybe someone w/more time and some tech savvy can find them and link them here.  The rooms looked really nice.

5 minutes ago, Bkchero said:

I apologize if this has already been mentioned as I did not read every single post in this thread.

For all who are discussing the new Deck 11 JS staterooms, CL Rick stayed in one on Adventure shortly after it came out of drydock and posted some videos of the room.  Maybe someone w/more time and some tech savvy can find them and link them here.  The rooms looked really nice.

The deckplan and the location of the new JS on the navigator are not the same as the adventure that he was on

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Nope, not more expensive on others like Independence JS is JS so far. They are on Adventure? There was fear that the Aft Cabins/larger Balcony's would be higher in price but still havent yet.

Yes there are some JS on deck 11 of Adventure on the Starboard side. They are not as big as the ones planned for on Navigator but still very nice with a slightly larger balcony than the JS on deck 9. It's good that they are keeping them the same price. 

2 hours ago, Bkchero said:

Courtesy - CruiseLifeRick 

Here are some of the photos of JS 11006 on Adventure that Rick shared. I booked the same cabin based on Rick's feedback. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like they are really going to town on this refit! I booked the cruise before i was aware of the drydock, so i was so happy when i found out they were upgrading it! 

The only other Royal ships i have been on are the Adventure and the Symphony, so it will be interesting to see what elements of the Symphony they bring to the Voyager class. 

As my boyfriend and i are relatively young cruisers (24), i am excited by the prospect of The Bamboo Room and the pool area becoming a "resort" style!

On a side note, does anyone know whether they serve food after 9pm in the buffet? My only RCI experience so far has been in Europe, and the food stopped at 9. I saw on the new Mariner that they had a "late night" buffet. I wonder if they will follow suit with the Navigator or whether it is a fleetwide thing for Caribbean sailings?

9 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

On a side note, does anyone know whether they serve food after 9pm in the buffet? My only RCI experience so far has been in Europe, and the food stopped at 9. I saw on the new Mariner that they had a "late night" buffet. I wonder if they will follow suit with the Navigator or whether it is a fleetwide thing for Caribbean sailings?

Not sure about the buffet.  I'm pretty excited about the new Playmakers bar though, because they have new food offerings (nominal fee), that look really good.  I think on most ships they are open until midnight.  I hope they serve food that long too.

Late night food options has always been one of my big gripes with RCI.  I'm tired of only pizza and finger sandwiches, and at that time of night I don't feel like waiting around in my room for room service.  (We've never used room service to be honest, even for breakfast)

Dan

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, Becoming said:

Hi Cynt,

Just saying hello!  You're going on 2 cruises in 2 months!  Wow!  Where are you heading?

I've got Liberty booked in November.

Hope you and your hubby are doing well!

Patti 

Hi. We're doing great! How are you?

I have a short girl's cruise in may to coco cay and Nassau and then Alaska in June. My DH was just talking about a holiday cruise. So we'll see about that. 

Take care.