Note To IT Staff

JamesEM

mistake.jpg

Even the Crown and Anchor people know not to trust the website, they wouldn't give me lower fare with the refundable deposit and the $100 OBC. After a few phone calls I ended up with a satisfactory deal.

It is an even bigger mystery why you people waste your time on the RC website.

Then complain about it...

I waste my time on the site because I would like to see the pricing for my current and any future cruises without having to contact a travel agent or hope that the prices offered on aggregators or other sites reflect the best or a better deal. I also waste my time on the site to check the status of my reservation and whether previously unavailable options are now available without having to call someone to then read to me what should be easily discoverable information on the site.

I complain about it because the above approach works without fail when I try it on Princess or NCL or Holland America and its irksome that I have to try another approach or work-around to get to the same point I easily reach on the other sites.

Guest maddycat
While there are several ways to avoid the RCI web site, we shouldn't have to. I can't for the life of me understand why, in this day and age, Royal Caribbean cannot design a web site that is actually functional. It's beyond laughable.

And user friendly.

While there are several ways to avoid the RCI web site, we shouldn't have to. I can't for the life of me understand why, in this day and age, Royal Caribbean cannot design a web site that is actually functional. It's beyond laughable.

That's an easy answer...with a web site that basically sucks, people keep booking cruises with them. If cruisers started choosing other lines and let them know it was because their web site was dysfunctional and unfriendly to users it would change in a heartbeat. Until that happens, there is no incentive for senior management to make IT a priority.

I'm sure Royal's IT staff frequents these boards in search of opinions about them...

Probably not, but for example, there have been 466 views of this thread so far - if everyone who read this sent off an e mail with a link to it to Senior Management, maybe it would filter down to them....?

So this is a note to the Royal Caribbean IT staff on Cruise Critic website????[/quote

FYI, RCI has 'dedicated' employess who DO read this site. Can't you figure it out.....free 'market surveys' without paying the consumer one plug nickel! Pretty clever I do believe!! (Ever attend a Meet n Greet with officers present? They explain how valuable CC is to them and how they read it and have made many changes due to the 'free' suggestions posted on CC! Live and learn)

So this is a note to the Royal Caribbean IT staff on Cruise Critic website????[/quote

FYI, RCI has 'dedicated' employess who DO read this site. Can't you figure it out.....free 'market surveys' without paying the consumer one plug nickel! Pretty clever I do believe!! (Ever attend a Meet n Greet with officers present? They explain how valuable CC is to them and how they read it and have made many changes due to the 'free' suggestions posted on CC! Live and learn)

Cool then the website should be fixed in no time

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I waste my time on the site because I would like to see the pricing for my current and any future cruises without having to contact a travel agent or hope that the prices offered on aggregators or other sites reflect the best or a better deal. I also waste my time on the site to check the status of my reservation and whether previously unavailable options are now available without having to call someone to then read to me what should be easily discoverable information on the site.

I use an online TA website to check all current prices(and they are up to date with the RC site).

You can do it all online also.

And never have to pick up the phone unless I want to book.

Unlike RC, 99% of the time it is working.

So I never have to come here and complain...