Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

But that one charge is for as much as you can order. Not too bad a deal! I know I can’t walk into a land based Johnny Rockets, order a ton of food, and pay only $9.95!

Guess that explains why all of them in my area went out of business, over priced

I don't know too many land based Johnny Rockets where you have to pay several thousand dollars just to get into the building that houses the venue.

I was thinking the same thing. People just look at the $9.95 cover charge and think that's all they're paying, when they're obviously paying a lot more than that to eat there.

I was thinking the same thing. People just look at the $9.95 cover charge and think that's all they're paying, when they're obviously paying a lot more than that to eat there.

Good point of view. There is NOTHING on the main menu that draws me to JR. I am more than willing to pay for their milkshake, but that is about it.

How many people have ordered more than one main dish as part of their cover? Not talking replenished fries, but actual multiple sandwiches/salads? I think Royal knows very, very few will order more than one "main" so it doesn't hurt them to advertise AYCE. What do you think frozen onion rings and french fries cost them, a few cents per serving?

My cruise is coming up in May. I will probably go to Johnny Rockets no matter the cost because I don't have access to this type of burger joint where I live. I love the music they play. To each his own. Don't go if you don't want to. Maybe RC will end up lowering it if business drops off, or maybe that is what they want? Maybe it's not a money maker ;)

My cruise is coming up in May. I will probably go to Johnny Rockets no matter the cost because I don't have access to this type of burger joint where I live. I love the music they play. To each his own. Don't go if you don't want to. Maybe RC will end up lowering it if business drops off, or maybe that is what they want? Maybe it's not a money maker ;)

Staying Alive doesn't play as often as it used to and the dancers seem less passionate

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

How many people have ordered more than one main dish as part of their cover? Not talking replenished fries, but actual multiple sandwiches/salads? I think Royal knows very, very few will order more than one "main" so it doesn't hurt them to advertise AYCE. What do you think frozen onion rings and french fries cost them, a few cents per serving?

This person right here did.

They had closed the Windjammer on the Indy from 5 pm - 7 pm (still wondering about that) and we were hungry and tired-out from a long day at Grand Turk, so rather than more bad pizza at Sorrentos or those all-too-familiar mini-sandwiches at Café Promenade, it was JR's for us. (The MDR didn't open until 6:30.)

We both had a cheeseburger and fries-and-rings, and then had a grilled chicken sandwich. The cover was still $7.95 at the time (2.5 weeks ago).

BTW, the fries and rings were pretty good for frozen. Not as good as the fries at Guy's Burger Joint, but still good.

Is this for breakfast too? I heard Windjammer on Oasis does not have made to order omelets, but Johnny R does as part of their free breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No charge for the breakfast. This past July we ate breakfast there several times. We could get our eggs and bacon cooked (crisp) to our liking.

I am not a picky eater, but my thoughts on all these specialty restaurants are...........the food that is being served at these "specialty restaurants" is the same food or just about the same food as in the Windjammer or the MDR - the food is just in a "different presentation" and people are willing to pay the extra money. Just my thought.

We try to cruise for a week each summer with friends on a different cruise lines and we never pay for a specialty restaurant unless they are free with our package.....we just eat all that is offered at the free sites. I don't go hungry that is for sure....and still end up gaining weight ! ugh.

They had closed the Windjammer on the Indy from 5 pm - 7 pm (still wondering about that) and we were hungry and tired-out from a long day at Grand Turk, so rather than more bad pizza at Sorrentos or those all-too-familiar mini-sandwiches at Café Promenade, it was JR's for us. (The MDR didn't open until 6:30.)

We both had a cheeseburger and fries-and-rings, and then had a grilled chicken sandwich. The cover was still $7.95 at the time (2.5 weeks ago).

Do you really eat a full meal right before you go to dinner?

I would have just waited a few hours.....

I am not a picky eater, but my thoughts on all these specialty restaurants are...........the food that is being served at these "specialty restaurants" is the same food or just about the same food as in the Windjammer or the MDR - the food is just in a "different presentation" and people are willing to pay the extra money. Just my thought.

We try to cruise for a week each summer with friends on a different cruise lines and we never pay for a specialty restaurant unless they are free with our package.....we just eat all that is offered at the free sites. I don't go hungry that is for sure....and still end up gaining weight ! ugh.

I"m sorry, but I totally disagree with you. For example, if I go to Hibachi on Allure, I can get lobster and scallops at one dinner. I have NEVER had that in the MDR or Windjammer. I can get a perfectly cooked rib-eye steak in Chops, that it NOT available in the MDR or Windjammer. I could go on and on and yes, I do like the "different presentation," but I think the food,

service, quiet and ambiance is so much better than that of the MDR or Windjammer.

You seem to be totally satisfied with the "free" (included) dining and that is fine. I do feel that you have rationalized that the specialty restaurants, saying they are the same as the Windjammer is kind of like saying Applebees is the same as Peter Luger's.

Keep in mind, also, this is a cover charge, not a $10.00 grilled cheese sandwich. If you want a burger plus a grilled cheese, it's all included. Want two burgers? All included. Want 3 burgers, 3 grilled cheese, all you can eat fries? All included.

So I hope this post answered my question. I wondered if there was a limitation to what you could order? Not that I would go crazy. But I could see a shake, fries, burger, or even onion rings or the chili. Mostly for my husband as he could crazily eat all of that.