Worried about "W" suite guarantee

Tiggercat

I have an update on my situation! At 4 days out, we have been assigned to a Grand Suite! YAY! We've never been in anything above a Junior Suite. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Awesome!!! Congratulations!!! I just checked...no assignment for me yet.

I have an update on my situation! At 4 days out, we have been assigned to a Grand Suite! YAY! We've never been in anything above a Junior Suite. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Congrats! That is exactly what happened on our last Oasis cruise with booking late doing a "W" guaranteed. We were assigned a GS at just 5 days prior.

Enjoy!! :D

Well...I am now 4 days out and still have not been assigned a stateroom. Maybe getting one 3 days out is good luck...since it has happened to others. (It is close to St. Patricks Day and I am Irish...isn't there supposed to be some good luck with that!)

Unfortunately I have not been able to log on to "my cruises" on RCI's website since they did an upgrade...I have to call in to see if something has been assigned! Oh well...what else would I be doing 3 days before leaving on this trip. :)

Good luck to you! Just wondering, did you already complete the on-line process because I thought it had to be done at least 3 days before.

I had a difficult time logging in to RCI also but as soon as I changed my password it worked! Have you changed your password? Let us know what your outcomes is and have a wonderful cruise!!!:)

Well...I am now 4 days out and still have not been assigned a stateroom. Maybe getting one 3 days out is good luck...since it has happened to others. (It is close to St. Patricks Day and I am Irish...isn't there supposed to be some good luck with that!)

Unfortunately I have not been able to log on to "my cruises" on RCI's website since they did an upgrade...I have to call in to see if something has been assigned! Oh well...what else would I be doing 3 days before leaving on this trip. :)

Try this link to the 'old' site login.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do

GoodLuck

Erika

I was excited to get a great price for a "W" suite guarantee on our upcoming Oasis of the Seas cruise because there were a bunch of suites available...I thought our chances of getting upgraded would be much better. However, now...with 40+ days until our cruise, only a few suites are still available and only 1 jr. suite. Has anyone ever not been given less than a jr suite with the guarantee? Our friends are in the same situation on the same sailing and now I am starting to get nervous.

Well...3 days from cruise and I finally got a call from Royal Caribbean. It was not what I was expecting. The lady from the revenue department said that there are no available Jr. Suites on this sailing still...or even higher suites. The only thing they have available is a Family balcony suite...cabin 7330. She said it is about the same size as jr. suite. I looked it up online and it is all the way at the back of the ship...not sure I like that...but could use the exercise. It also showed some bunk beds which we certainly don't need...it is just me and my husband in this room....so wasted space for us. She said that she is going to refund 50% of our fare and give us each $100 on board credit. (I liked that part of the deal) What are my cruise critic experts thoughts on this??? (Not like I can do anything about it.)

Well...3 days from cruise and I finally got a call from Royal Caribbean. It was not what I was expecting. The lady from the revenue department said that there are no available Jr. Suites on this sailing still...or even higher suites. The only thing they have available is a Family balcony suite...cabin 7330. She said it is about the same size as jr. suite. I looked it up online and it is all the way at the back of the ship...not sure I like that...but could use the exercise. It also showed some bunk beds which we certainly don't need...it is just me and my husband in this room....so wasted space for us. She said that she is going to refund 50% of our fare and give us each $100 on board credit. (I liked that part of the deal) What are my cruise critic experts thoughts on this??? (Not like I can do anything about it.)

Are they actually refunding half fare or is it a future cruise credit? If it is the latter will you be able to use it? With the refund I would take it as I also like aft balconies.

Take it. :)

Sounds like a good deal to me.. . Here's a thread about that cabin

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2001627&highlight=7330

Are they actually refunding half fare or is it a future cruise credit? If it is the latter will you be able to use it? With the refund I would take it as I also like aft balconies.

They actually refunded my credit card.

Although you must have been disappointed that your good deal on a “W” suite is an OVB, you did get a great deal as long as the price of the cabin they are offering you is more than what you originally paid.

Let this be a lesson to all of us about reserving “W” guarantees. I was under the impression that you were guaranteed AT LEAST that cabin level. Now we all know that is not true.

Hope you like your cabin and have a wonderful cruise:)

Edited by ptf2009
spelling

Although you must have been disappointed that your good deal on a “W” suite is an OVB, you did get a great deal as long as the price of the cabin they are offering you is more than what you originally paid.

Let this be a lesson to all of us about reserving “W” guarantees. I was under the impression that you were guaranteed AT LEAST that cabin level. Now we all know that is not true.

Hope you like your cabin and have a wonderful cruise:)

Will you get any of the JS benefits? It looks like a nice aft cabin, and a great deal, so all in all not too bad! Just concerning that a suite guarantee is no longer a guarantee....

But it sounds like if you don't at least give you a JS, they ARE refunding a HUGE amount of money... so you are still guaranteed at least an OVB at significantly less than the going rate for an OVB.

That is wonderful. I am glad the guarantee worked so very we’ll for you...totally worth the wait. Have fun.

Maybe you could call RC (or your TA) and see if by any chance a JS came available if you really want one. Although I do like the same size cabin for half price and OBC. Make sure you get double points (if you care) for the suite you booked!

Nice deal, can't beat the price.............and OBC

Cabin is really large

Now stop worrying about it and enjoy your cruise!

Jimbo