Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

6 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

I think wonky-c-gate is the highlight of this thread!!! Unbelievable that it happened, and that they fixed it.  

That is an understatement. Never saw anything close to this on a new ship build.  Maybe they will make the race track more with the promo design since you pointed that out.

Edited by david_sobe

On 8/14/2019 at 1:48 PM, reeinaz said:

I got an ok deal on a balcony cabin for a Bermuda cruise that I'll keep since I can always hang out there. But I'm seriously considering canceling my Panama Canal cruise in a studio cabin since there is so little public deck space. I'll wait and see the reviews first though.

I ended up canceling my cruise in May to Bermuda after studying the deck plans. I'm going to wait and see how the reviews go. I'm not happy with not having enough deck space. It was crowded on Epic cruise I took in March. I think that maybe Encore designed way too much for the laser tag and racetrack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneLonetraveler said:

I think that maybe Encore designed way too much for the laser tag and racetrack.

thats how i currently feel about the encore. it is starting to be an amusement park on a ship like the royal ships. hopefully it is a good ship once it is in service

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneLonetraveler said:

I ended up canceling my cruise in May to Bermuda after studying the deck plans. I'm going to wait and see how the reviews go. I'm not happy with not having enough deck space. It was crowded on Epic cruise I took in March. I think that maybe Encore designed way too much for the laser tag and racetrack.

Only a very small part of a typically unused public sundeck was replaced with the Haven and Vibe. And the Spice space on the new -away class ships was pretty small. This space was removed so that features like the Observation Lounge (which provides 1/3 of Deck 15 as new public space) could be installed (moving the spa and fitness center to the aft). 

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Only a very small part of a typically unused public sundeck was replaced with the Haven and Vibe. And the Spice space on the new -away class ships was pretty small. 

You're saying the public deck space that was taken away (A and B) was relatively small?  Well guess what, it's about the same size of what's left of the public deck space (C).  So yeah, I guess it is relatively small.

encorewhatsleft.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

You're saying the public deck space that was taken away (A and B) was relatively small?  Well guess what, it's about the same size of what's left of the public deck space (C).  So yeah, I guess it is relatively small.

encorewhatsleft.jpg

Bird just came off a cruise and still has the pom poms in hands.  Discount accordingly 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

encorewhatsleft.jpg

I'm essentially with the group complaining about lack of free public space but hold on a minute...  Let's be honest, the upper, upper most area in your "A" was not public deck space on Bliss or Joy...  It's the Laser Tag area (Deck 20).  The space that was lost was only on Deck 19 (the bottommost part of your "A" where the hot tub is located).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I'm essentially with the group complaining about lack of free public space but hold on a minute...  Let's be honest, the upper, upper most area in your "A" was not public deck space on Bliss or Joy...  It's the Laser Tag area (Deck 20).  The space that was lost was only on Deck 19 (the bottommost part of your "A" where the hot tub is located).

Yeah, you’re absolutely right, my bad.  My heart and brain are still wasting away on the Escape.  

Is it fair to say that the “relatively small” space taken away is half the space of what’s left?  Give or take 3 hot tubs and a water feature (edit: and two bars, and aft views, and an adults-only area).

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 1

Papenburg, 16 August 2019 – Due to the weather conditions, Norwegian Encore will be leaving the covered building dock II at MEYER WERFT shipyard six hours earlier.

The manoeuvre is now scheduled to start at approx. 2:00 am on Saturday, 16 August. Once Norwegian Encore has left the dock, it will berth at the shipyard's out-fitting pier to be fitted with its funnel cladding. The ship will then remain in the shipyard port for further out-fitting work and on-board trials until its passage through the river Ems up to the North Sea, which is expected to take place end of September.

All times are subject to the weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

Papenburg, 16 August 2019 – Due to the weather conditions, Norwegian Encore will be leaving the covered building dock II at MEYER WERFT shipyard six hours earlier.

The manoeuvre is now scheduled to start at approx. 2:00 am on Saturday, 16 August. Once Norwegian Encore has left the dock, it will berth at the shipyard's out-fitting pier to be fitted with its funnel cladding. The ship will then remain in the shipyard port for further out-fitting work and on-board trials until its passage through the river Ems up to the North Sea, which is expected to take place end of September.

All times are subject to the weather.

So it'll be 8pm tonight for you and 9pm tonight for us!

16 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Yeah, you’re absolutely right, my bad.  My heart and brain are still wasting away on the Escape.  

Is it fair to say that the “relatively small” space taken away is half the space of what’s left?  Give or take 3 hot tubs and a water feature (edit: and two bars, and aft views, and an adults-only area).

I've been keeping up with the Encore for quite a while and have studied the deck plans many, many times. The sun deck has always been free. Am I correct to say that the Vibe deck requires a pass? And the raceway and the laser tag features are not complimentary either? 

Just now, OneLonetraveler said:

I've been keeping up with the Encore for quite a while and have studied the deck plans many, many times. The sun deck has always been free. Am I correct to say that the Vibe deck requires a pass? And the raceway and the laser tag features are not complimentary either? 

Correct. In that photo above, only the green parts don't require extra cost. (well, and the Haven, but it's extra to book and closed to others.)

• Like 1

Meyer webcam is up, 2AM German local time is 8 hours from this post on.

https://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/helper/stream.jsp

It will be limited views, dark and slow..

Looking down from an angle on to the ship's top deck will reveal what's on deck 20.. will it reveal a complementary Spice H2O? :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Correct. In that photo above, only the green parts don't require extra cost. (well, and the Haven, but it's extra to book and closed to others.)

That's exactly what I thought and I can't afford to keep adding and adding just to enjoy a cruise. I don't feel so bad now that I canceled the cruise. Way too much going on in that space. Searching for another cruise. I've always cruised Norwegian but now I may have to be more flexible.

17 hours ago, shof515 said:

thats how i currently feel about the encore. it is starting to be an amusement park on a ship like the royal ships. hopefully it is a good ship once it is in service

I agree. It's like being in the middle of a floating carnival. I don't take children with me because I want to relax. The features on this ship will attract families with lots and lots of children. Not very relaxing.