Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

On 8/16/2019 at 10:48 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

It will never win me over. After Escape, Joy, and Bliss, Encore will always be the ugly sister.

It's still a great ship even though I think that laser tag is a waste. Can't they rip out laser tag and replace it with Spice H2O and charge $10 pppd?

Does anyone else think the Joy’s hull art makes it the ugly one?  I quite like the Encore.  The Breakaway looks a middle school project. Should have been redone by an adult during dry dock.

And yes, the top deck plans are the actual crisis.  

FreestyleNovice here, first congratulations on the new ship all! Second.. did nobody miss the Laser Tag monster stuff not being there?!

Pic from NCL's Instagram. Even the crane is painted white, where it's beige in the render to blend in with the whole tag area.

Surely there should have been something in place, perhaps it width kept them from installing or some other logistical reason but now it appears troublesome empty...

Screenshot (5).png

24 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Of course not trying to see things that aren't there :classic_wink: and not wanting to start something but where is it? Where is the ancient Greek setting with the ocean snake and stuff?

It has to be there, way too much promoted to be left out.

it will be installed the outfitting pier. I was watching a document about the meyer werf  shipyard building a ship and one of the issues they had was the building hall crane has issues reaching some spots of the ship due to how tall the ships is getting these days. I have a feeling to install the laser tag stuff, they need a big crane to lift everything in place

Maybe after wonky C gate, NCL decided to give more deck space and take the laser tag out. I go on vacation in the Caribbean to get sun and relax not play games I can play at my local bowling alley or arcade. Laser tag maybe the dumbest idea NCL came up with for a warm weather ship.

• Like 4

It is not dumb! It is what is popular now and technology advancements is the future. I am over 50 and my DH is also . He is looking forward to the laser tag and galaxy pavilion. My oldest son also is looking forward to it as we move with what is trending. No need to be so negative cause is not your thing. Im sure there are other areas, like the waterfront, to hang out and drink.

16 minutes ago, neffqueen said:

It is not dumb! It is what is popular now and technology advancements is the future. I am over 50 and my DH is also . He is looking forward to the laser tag and galaxy pavilion. My oldest son also is looking forward to it as we move with what is trending. No need to be so negative cause is not your thing. Im sure there are other areas, like the waterfront, to hang out and drink.

The concept of stalking and shooting your shipmates under the guise of fun is going to fade quickly when passengers cannot find deck space to bake.  I won’t call it “dumb,” but I don’t think it was smart either. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, neffqueen said:

It is not dumb! It is what is popular now and technology advancements is the future.

Disney attempted it with DisneyQuest, and it closed due to low attendance.  I actually think it all feels a bit dated.  

34 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

The concept of stalking and shooting your shipmates under the guise of fun is going to fade quickly when passengers cannot find deck space to bake.  I won’t call it “dumb,” but I don’t think it was smart either. 

I'd rather the laser tag be indoors and in the dark. Late at night, passengers can take a shot every time they shoot someone. After a few drinks, the game would be fun to watch or play.

I agree Two Wheels Only.  I should have been more clear.  The dumb part for me is the wasting of valuable and rear top/sun deck space, not laser tag.  I would like to play indoors.  I don't like what looks like a lack of fee free top deck space and very limited access to open aft views. It's the location.  Location, location, location.  Not to mention most are already paying a premium to sail on the newer ships and on NCL in general.

• Like 1

On August 17, 2019 at 6:14 PM, TheDougOut said:

Look at all the ships in the ship...

9506A63F-9CC0-4F5E-9F32-8330859225A0.jpeg

(giving everyone the opportunity to correct me... “it’s called a boat”). 

So that's what it takes to float your boat.

Well, I'm all for the inclusion of laser tag and VR and whatnot for the people who are interested in that, but the lack of Spice H2O is notable. I've been on one NCL mega ship (and am booked on another), and my memory was that during the day, there were no loungers to be had, and everything was crowded on deck--a real pain. Replacing Spice H20 with laser tag will only make it worse, surely? And where will the late-night parties be, if not in Spice? I guess they could be indoors, but the outdoor space was kind of neat for that.

Oh well, no one's forcing me or anyone else to sail on her. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Disney attempted it with DisneyQuest, and it closed due to low attendance.  I actually think it all feels a bit dated.  

Dang that closed? I actually loved that place when I went when I was in junior high. They had this awesome thing where you would build your roller coaster and then you could ride it in a simulator. I had a freaking blast at Disney Quest. Now I am actually excited to see what they put in Encore - still wish they ditched the laser tag though. Laser tag is basically either 30 min or cardio or 30 min of hiding if you want to be any good - not my idea of a great time. I've never tried it drunk though so who knows! 

• Haha 1