murphy4

Sea Pass hole punch

Does anyone know if Oasis class will punch a hole in the seapass card to enable putting in on a lanyard? or would taking a lanyard with a plastic holder work best?

Does anyone know if Oasis class will punch a hole in the seapass card to enable putting in on a lanyard? or would taking a lanyard with a plastic holder work best?

They still punch a hole on Oasis.

On the anthem of a lot of people had those plastic lanyards to slide the seat passes into I didn't see many that poked holes in them

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

Not sure about Oasis specifically, but on other RC class ships, either will work. Agents at check-in will do it for you and so will guest relations agents on the ship. I have done both, hole punch and lanyard case. I prefer the hole punch. IMO It is just easier not having to take the card out of the slip all the time to get in your cabin. ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the anthem of a lot of people had those plastic lanyards to slide the seat passes into I didn't see many that poked holes in them

Anthem uses the RFID SeaPass cards, which can be damaged with a hole punched in the wrong place. I believe only Quantum class and Harmony are using the RFID cards right now.

Do they sell land yards on the ships?

You better believe they do LOL !

I have seen kiosks with lanyards for sale at the check-in counter. May depend on your port. I haven’t checked onboard, but I’m sure they have something.

Just off Oasis of the Seas in December, they had a hole punch right at check in for us (usually had to go to Guest Services to get hole punch).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is RFID? and does that mean I cannot get a hole punched in our cards on Harmony??

I usually do that on all cruises, makes in so much easier to keep track of .

I did a plastic holder a couple of times. Found that awkward at times, digging card out. I ended up adding stuff to the plastic container (should not have done that) ie tickets etc when going to a show. So, now I just get cards punched asap getting on ship.

never think to ask when I check in if they can do that for me.

What is RFID? and does that mean I cannot get a hole punched in our cards on Harmony??

I usually do that on all cruises, makes in so much easier to keep track of .

I did a plastic holder a couple of times. Found that awkward at times, digging card out. I ended up adding stuff to the plastic container (should not have done that) ie tickets etc when going to a show. So, now I just get cards punched asap getting on ship.

never think to ask when I check in if they can do that for me.

Correct. They will not punch a hole in your Seapass on Harmony.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification

Thanks I just took 5 lanyards out of my packed bag. will get ones with a plastic sleeve instead - do not want to lug useless junk, I try to travel light. (haha)f Dollar store here I come.

We have some really nice lanyards with the clear front. Gives me enough room to slide a little money behind my Seapass card for "emergency" tips. When I go off the ship, I slide it under my shirt and I put my ID, Seapass and a couple of $20's for an emergency. Should my purse get stolen or lost, I can still get a cab to the ship and still have my ID safe.

My best pre-cruise purchase was a super snazzy lanyard from Target for $7.99. It had the plastic pocket for sea pass card and zippered pocket for a little cash and ID/credit cards. I didn't have to take the sea pass card out of it to use it by the way. The lanyards they sell onboard cost more and aren't as solidly built.

Best bet is short sleeve dress shirt / pocket protector / and then plastic sleeve.

Just off oasis today and they punched holes for us when we checked in:)