Warning: Azamara cancels our cruise two days out: Gaurantee is not a guarantee

lahore

Point taken. I guess I am not the only one....

Don’t worry, you are not alone. We all know it is in the contract in the back of our minds I guess oddjob16, but we like to think that corporations don’t want to court the customer ill-will that this sort of thing causes, even if they don’t have the common human decency to care about the discomfort this causes paying would-be customers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the moment I would encourage her/him to give it a big miss. He’s likely to never actually get on the ship in order to encounter the ‘onboard experience’.

I’m so sorry if I came across as being unsympathetic to you. It’s a horrible thing to have happen. You must be very upset and angry, quite rightly. As I said in my earlier post, I think you should be corresponding with Mr Pimental, Azamara CEO in Miami. He needs to be made aware of what Azamara has done to you.

Have you made contact with your TA (if you used one)? They may wield more weight as an agent with multiple bookings.

I can only imagine my fury if this happened to us. I would want to know why I was bumped - especially at the last minute. What made that booking trump mine?! Maybe coincidence, maybe not, that you were only flying from Melbourne to Sydney, not half way around the world. Easier/cheaper for AZ to compensate.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Have you made contact with your TA (if you used one)? They may wield more weight as an agent with multiple bookings.

I can only imagine my fury if this happened to us. I would want to know why I was bumped - especially at the last minute. What made that booking trump mine?! Maybe coincidence, maybe not, that you were only flying from Melbourne to Sydney, not half way around the world. Easier/cheaper for AZ to compensate.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

In part, I think you are right. OP was a "local" and less expensive to compensate.

My experience with Azamara headquarters once it separated from Celebrity has been less than satisfactory. Headquarters is slow to respond, appears uncaring for passengers/guests, uncommunicative in general, in addition to its horrible website. The ships themselves, on the other hand, are fantastic. Don't know if the headquarters attitude towards passengers is policy or just lack of competence by employees or extremely poor management.

There is no justification for such a late cancellation. None.

Same thing happened to our niece on Celebrity, got home from work Thursday evening to an answerphone message that the cruise on Saturday was overbooked and they were off it.

And that was with a cabin number and everything. They got a full refund and a voucher for a cruise up to the same value within 12 months.

Jo,

You’re getting me panicked now.

How do they choose who they kick off the cruise?

Don’t worry, you are not alone. We all know it is in the contract in the back of our minds I guess oddjob16, but we like to think that corporations don’t want to court the customer ill-will that this sort of thing causes, even if they don’t have the common human decency to care about the discomfort this causes paying would-be customers.

What has happened to you is simply horrible and I bet I'm not the only other person on this board who hasn't read every word of the contract.

Just for interest you said you had booked a guarantee stateroom (as we have done too many times). Had you been allocated a stateroom number?

I really hope you can sort this mess out. Best wishes to your DH in his recovery. In his shoes I wouldn't be touching Azamara with a barge pole either.

Headquarters is slow to respond.........., The ships themselves, on the other hand, are fantastic. Don't know if the headquarters attitude is lack of competence by employees.........

Well of course you are talking about something relocated to somewhere outlandish like Guatamala.

I myself lost a booking last year because the 'Customer Services' agent sat on my enquiry for 4 days without doing anything. It was a good offer for a Deck 8 suite on a TA which I 'booked' there and then, but the agent sat on his/her hands, and the booking was sold to another lucky soul. Not happy, but we had a wonderful TA on SeaDream instead.

I would raise hell with your original TA and Larry Pimental. Az don't want bad publicity like this.

Absolutely disgusting. Were you part of the roll call? I wonder if anyone received move over offers? or if Azamara even gave a crap and it was easier to just bump people. No doubt you were chosen because you're local. I'm sorry they treated you this way.

I’m sure there are a lot of posters on the Azamara board including me who wish they could do something for you, speak to the ship and find you a cabin, anything! Not sure you are in the mood for an Azamara cruise right now though, I wish you well in whatever happens.

Phil

Thanks Phil. That’s really sweet.

Like the other posters I am so sorry this has happened to you. I find it utterly incredible that Azamara could cancel your cruise with two days to embark and while you were sat in the airport.

Larry Pimental needs to take ownership of this issue. It is the worst PR for Azamara that I have ever seen. If it were me I would be incandescent with rage and that's not a pretty sight! ☹️

I really hope you can salvage something of your vacation and please let us know if you can.

I am SO sorry this happened lahore! Obviously this is not how we should treat our guests!

I've sent inquiries up the line to try to find out what happened, and if there's anything that can be done to remedy the situation. I'm told they are looking into this for you.

In the meantime, here's the contact information for our representative in Australia (below.)

I'll be back on this thread the minute I hear anything from HQ.

And again, I am so sorry about this!

Australia

Level 12, 157 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Telephone 1 800 754 500

Email Pre-departure: cruiseadmin.au@rcclapac.com

Post-departure: customerservices.au@rcclapac.com

Very, very disappointed in Azamara. It’s an utterly disgusting business practice. As only a small portion of cruisers visits Cruise Critic, I wonder how often they do this without us hearing about it. Best wishes lahore! I hope they somehow come through for you, but then again, this should not be happening in the first place and should not require Cruise Critic and Bonnie to help correct.

Floris

Very, very disappointed in Azamara. It’s an utterly disgusting business practice. As only a small portion of cruisers visits Cruise Critic, I wonder how often they do this without us hearing about it. Best wishes lahore! I hope they somehow come through for you, but then again, this should not be happening in the first place and should not require Cruise Critic and Bonnie to help correct.

Floris

I agree Floris. It is really, really poor. Not as if it makes a material difference to the situation, but I had a look back over this thread and if you add up the number of trips on Azamara taken by the posters here there are an awful lot of completed cruises!

Phil

More to come from me. It’s 5 am and I haven’t slept at all. Does anyone have Larry Pimental’s email please? Have tweeted, no response so far.

This is the one I found when I googled it - worth a try.

lpimentel@azamaraclubcruises.com

You might find this website helpful too. http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/azamara-club-cruises/

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

I am currently aboard Journey and I phoned guest relations last night to see if they had any availability for the next cruise. They said at this stage, no, but that I should try enquire with the loyalty desk to see if there are any last minute cancellations - it seemed like a bit of a fob off.

I see that Bonnie has now referred this up the chain so I hope that with some clout behind their requests, some better resolution may be reached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh! I got so nervous when I read this I called my TA. He said he has never heard of this and maybe they are turning into thinking like the airlines. They overbook in the hopes someone cancels and then when everyone shows up have to bump someone.

Irregardless the OP should not have been treated this way by Azamara or anyone else. People talk and word is going to spread about this and all the other things Azamara does and soon they are going to be left with their tail between their legs.

To OP I am praying for you.

Kathy