Warning: Azamara cancels our cruise two days out: Gaurantee is not a guarantee

lahore

Really hope the OP is able to board. Regarding the cancellation and acting like the airlines. Really apples and oranges. Pretty much most if not all countries regulate the airlines and have runes about overbooking. Cruise ships don’t have any rules about overbooking so the cruise lines can do as they please at their own risk.

Follow another board where people regularly ask about guarantees and not being allowed to board. The consensus response is the cruise line will keep sweetening the pot until enough parole agree to the offer.

Have heard if choices of higher priced cruises plus more than the paid amount, significant upgrades, etc. in this case the OP kid limited to the same priced new cruise refund and nothing else when she was bumped and after flying to the port.

Simply an unacceptable offer snd insulting especially the expenses limitation. Simply adds to the cheapening of Azamara and why people are complaining and cruising elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by rallydave

Absolutely disgusting. Were you part of the roll call? I wonder if anyone received move over offers? or if Azamara even gave a crap and it was easier to just bump people. No doubt you were chosen because you're local. I'm sorry they treated you this way.

Yes, an active member of the roll call. Makes sad reading in hindsight. I have been following this roll call, as I recently cruised with Azamara and I'm visiting Sydney and Hobart, on the ship's current itinerary.

If Azamara wants to upset Aussies, just remind them that they are discriminated against by cruise lines, compared to how Americans are treated!

(PS I absolutely loved my first cruise with Azamara, but I'm learning their administration needs improvement.)

Wow..I have never booked a Guarantee but just did last week with Viking. The cruise was basically sold out. I inquired with them and the agent told me he had a Guarantee available for a Deluxe Balcony mid ship and it would always be that or Better. This is a port intensive cruise of the British Isles, therefore I accepted the Deluxe Balcony Guarantee.

Now I am a bit concerned about these Guarantee issues. I have booked airfare, private tours, hotels etc. in anticipation.

Very sorry about your situation, but you may have enlightened others as to the pitfalls of a Guarantee. I hope it works out for you.

I’m sure there are a lot of posters on the Azamara board including me who wish they could do something for you, speak to the ship and find you a cabin, anything! Not sure you are in the mood for an Azamara cruise right now though, I wish you well in whatever happens.

Phil

Indeed

Where is the like button

The poster frequently queried on these boards when would she be told her Cabin allocation. She was even given the official response which would have reassured her not to worry by the Azamara rep then this. That makes this even more galling

So now we know Azamara oversells guarantees. Not a practice I support at all. In time I hope Azamara comes to these boards with a full explanation including being transparent about how they decide who gets the bullet call.

I do hope the OP understands the strength of dismay and disappointment being felt by almost all the posters on this board. We do hope she wakes up to a positive outcome whatever that might be

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd hit up these two, as well as the CEO

Primary Contact

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Marketing

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

(305) 539-6000

sbjorndal@azamaraclubcruises.com

Secondary Contact

Ellen Bettridge

Vice President of Sales and Marketing

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

(305) 539-6000

ebettridge@azamaraclubcruises.com

I am utterly amazed at how Azamara could treat a paying guest in such a way. You have the support of all CC members and we all wish we could do something for you. Is anyone aware of others are affected in such a way?

Other lines that need cabins try to offer guests alternative dates with offers of refunds/OBC and incentives a few weeks not days before departure.

Please Bonnie do something soon!

OP ...I would turn up at the port with all your documents and luggage just in case there is a no show. Post on their Facebook page too of how you are being treated.

I'd hit up these two, as well as the CEO

Primary Contact

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Marketing

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

(305) 539-6000

sbjorndal@azamaraclubcruises.com

Secondary Contact

Ellen Bettridge

Vice President of Sales and Marketing

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

(305) 539-6000

ebettridge@azamaraclubcruises.com

Disregard this suggestion...Signe is in another role with us now, and Ellen is at another company altogether!

The highest level is aware of this situation and we are all looking for a resolution.

Following this thread with interest and horror.

I sincerely hope that Bonnie can work some magic. Those of us who love the Azamara product whilst onboard desperately want to never hear of this happening again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Disregard this suggestion...Signe is in another role with us now, and Ellen is at another company altogether!

The highest level is aware of this situation and we are all looking for a resolution.

I am pleased to hear that the highest level is involved Bonnie. Having had no sleep at all and now a stress migraine, I don’t really want to phone your Australian rep, if you are REALLY doing everything you can I will wait to hear from you.

If you really can’t get us onto the ship the perhaps consider that years ago when we accepted a voluntary’ move over’ offer from Princess (e.g., mass market, not ‘luxury’) we were offered a trip of 20 nights anywhere in the world in a suite (we had booked 16 nights in a balcony). On Azamara we have been given no choice, and offered a cruise to the same value we spent with you (rather than per night), which when you look at the exact same cruise next year means we would have to spend another $5,000. Moreover, we paid for airfare to Sydney, and now a return fare home with our tails between our legs, and a return fare from Auckland (non-refundable). My husband paid extra travel insurance as he had a pulmonary embolism last year, I changed phone companies to have global roaming in NZ, the cat is in the cattery, etc etc. And Azamara offers us USD$500 to compensate us for all that, for which you expect us to provide proof. It really is an insulting offer.

Despite my anger, I thank you for looking into this and remain hopeful.

To everyone else, you can’t believe how much I appreciate your support. I am not a woman who cries easily, but you have me with a serious lump in my throat just now having read your threads. May the Gods bless you all.

I am currently aboard Journey and I phoned guest relations last night to see if they had any availability for the next cruise. They said at this stage, no, but that I should try enquire with the loyalty desk to see if there are any last minute cancellations - it seemed like a bit of a fob off.

I see that Bonnie has now referred this up the chain so I hope that with some clout behind their requests, some better resolution may be reached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so very much Tazza. Everyone has been so supportive but your actions for a stranger are above and beyond. The very best of wishes to you. *hug*

Count me in with the appalled. I check my phone and email only sporadically when traveling. I can just imagine if this couple showed up at the pier and found out then. This is a disaster. I agree that the compensation is far too little and far too late.

Like many others, we have to carefully schedule our vacation time and can't easily move it four or five months. Occasionally trying to schedule it within 12 months would be difficult because of work cycles.

Now I have something else to get anxious about for our upcoming trip.

I am finding it hard to believe what has happened. How can Azamara behave in such a shoddy way? I have never read all the terms and conditions - does anyone? My heart goes out to you and I really hope something can be done to salvage your holiday.

We are heading into Sydney now. It was late last night when i first read this, so I could not find anyone. I will find someone today and see if they have been able to do anything.

Nonrev1 Thank you so much, I don’t really know whether I should go down to the ship or not, I am exhausted emotionally and have the worst migraine ever. I am so emotionally invested that I’m likely to do or say things that I might regret, and if it’s true that Bonnie has the highest levels looking into it I am really conflicted as to what I should do.

Whatever I decide, I can’t believe that you would be prepared to do whatever you might do on my behalf, but thank you beyond words.

I am SO sorry this happened lahore! Obviously this is not how we should treat our guests!

I've sent inquiries up the line to try to find out what happened, and if there's anything that can be done to remedy the situation. I'm told they are looking into this for you.

In the meantime, here's the contact information for our representative in Australia (below.)

I'll be back on this thread the minute I hear anything from HQ.

And again, I am so sorry about this!

Australia

Level 12, 157 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Telephone 1 800 754 500

Email Pre-departure: cruiseadmin.au@rcclapac.com

Post-departure: customerservices.au@rcclapac.com

Hello again Bonnie. I just phoned that number. It goes through about a hundred ‘press this, press that’ situations and then I ended up in a call centre in the Phillipines by the sound of the accent, so it’s not a local number in Australia at all. Can you help with one that is?

Nonrev1 Thank you so much, I don’t really know whether I should go down to the ship or not, I am exhausted emotionally and have the worst migraine ever. I am so emotionally invested that I’m likely to do or say things that I might regret, and if it’s true that Bonnie has the highest levels looking into it I am really conflicted as to what I should do.

Whatever I decide, I can’t believe that you would be prepared to do whatever you might do on my behalf, but thank you beyond words. Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lahore, there are lots of us who have cruised frequently on Azamara who are shocked at the way you've been treated. And I think any one of us would do whatever we could to help you if it were within our power. Whatever decision you make will be the right one.

Lahore, I am very sorry for what is going on with your cruise. I would have never imagined that Azamara could treat clients like this. I have done many cruises with Azamara and I have always had the feeling that we would never be dumped from a cruise, although I have read that Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have done this before.

I wish we would know not only the solution to this matter, but also the reason why is this happening within the Royal Caribbean family.

I am glad that there is Bonnie on this board. This is not the time for cheerleaders. On the contrary, it is the time for requesting explanations and a fair solution to your situation. Bonnie is someone who can help you on this.

Ivi

Hello everyone

We have resolution! Thank you all so much for your incredible support. And this is an interesting study in the power of social media in corporate relations.

Azamara Australia just phoned me and they have now miraculously found us a cabin so we will be going tomorrow. AFAIK no other compensation for the heartache caused, but we have decided to take it because it’s the easiest option at the moment, not because we relish getting onto an Azamara ship now.

I am so tired and so emotional that I’m not overjoyed, we should never have been put through this stress in the first place. However I hope to now enjoy a cruise and relax, as was the original intention.

Bonnie, thank you for whatever you did as I firmly believe that without this board, your efforts and perhaps my contact by tweet and email to Larry Pimental we would still be sitting in the hotel wondering what to do in the next three weeks.

Could I suggest that Azamara uses this case to improve it’s processes. One should not have to raise hell on social media to be treated with respect as a customer.

Love you all. Xxx

I am currently aboard Journey and I phoned guest relations last night to see if they had any availability for the next cruise. They said at this stage, no, but that I should try enquire with the loyalty desk to see if there are any last minute cancellations - it seemed like a bit of a fob off.

I see that Bonnie has now referred this up the chain so I hope that with some clout behind their requests, some better resolution may be reached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tazza, please see my final post, we have now been allocated a cabin! Will you still be on board after Sydney? WOuld love to catch up and say thanks. Xxx

Great news Lahore!

Some thoughts on how Azamara might express their apologies for their handling of your situation:

- upgrade drinks

- include shore excursions

- unlimited internet for the duration of your cruise

- unlimited gratis reservations in Prime C and Aqualina

- prepaid spa services to help you relax :D

They could do these things at almost no cost to the cruise line. It's the least they could do, don't you think?