Warning: Azamara cancels our cruise two days out: Gaurantee is not a guarantee

lahore

:*

Great news Lahore!

Some thoughts on how Azamara might express their apologies for their handling of your situation:

- upgrade drinks

- include shore excursions

- unlimited internet for the duration of your cruise

- unlimited gratis reservations in Prime C and Aqualina

- prepaid spa services to help you relax :D

They could do these things at almost no cost to the cruise line. It's the least they could do, don't you think?

Very happy to hear that you have a resolution!

I agree with this post as to some of the things that might be done by Azamara to express their apologies for the stress you have had to endure!

These would really cost them very little and go towards fostering some good will.

Please enjoy your cruise! Best Wishes!

I understand the need for those recuperation cruises!

Hi again all. I just had another call about a detail, and the rep mentioned a $250 cabin credit. We don’t drink alcohol (well to a very tiny extent anyway) but intend to spend it on the Prime C/Aqualina package, x2. It’s something.... Now, it’s 12:40 and I just had a shower and am going out to get the first food I will have eaten since yesterday.

Again, love to all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bon Voyage, lahore, What wonderful news! Delighted to learn you have been allocated a cabin and will be going on your cruise.

You will find the Reception on the ship are the best, as I did. They are in a class of their own. So, if you have any problems, just go to reception and they will do all they can to resolve it.

After your sad start, you are in for a wonderful treat. As everyone on CC says, on board Azamara ships is a different ball game to Administration/Corporate.

You might like to consider a 250 minute internet package, so you can reassure your family and friends that all is well and you are relaxed and enjoying your cruise.

PS I lost interest in going to see the ship whilst it is in Sydney/Hobart, but am feeling better about Azamara now.

From what I have seen so far this line seems like a real loser. Their website belongs in the 1980's. Their get a refund policy when on board for the shore excursions is ridiculous. I have a cruise scheduled that I am seriously considering canceling and just taking the financial hit whatever it may be.

I agree. So far, I'm not impressed. Hoping that I'm pleasantly surprised.

OP - I cannot even imagine how upset you must've been. So glad there's been a resolution and you can go! Bon voyage!

Wahoo! I am soooooo excited. I know it will be impossible to clear this from your mind. Hopefully they will spoil you rotten once you board. We are just docking now. I am glad you did not have to come down here and after you eat you can enjoy the glorious weather. We boarded in Singapore so it is time for us to go home. Sorry we will not meet.

I am so sorry about this happening, Lahore. But I am glad we have been able to reinstate your passage on this cruise, and not just with a $250 OBC, the cruise will be complimentary.

Enjoy your well-earned holiday! And I hope you & DH will forgive us.

• Like 1

I am so sorry about this happening, Lahore. But I am glad we have been able to reinstate your passage on this cruise, and not just with a $250 OBC, the cruise will be complimentary.

Bloody well done. Credit where credit is due. Way to go!

That's stepping up and trying to make a terrible situation right. It restores my faith in Azamara. And yes, I admit my faith was severely shaken. I just hope that somebody sets this up to be a learning process so the multiple very serious mistakes made won't happen again.

I admit I was very worried as we have two cruises booked this year, confirmed cabins, and will be our first time with Azamara.

No one like to see bad reviews and these days this news travels very fast and very wide.

Great outcome after all that stress. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Well done Azamara

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tazza, please see my final post, we have now been allocated a cabin! Will you still be on board after Sydney? WOuld love to catch up and say thanks. Xxx

I’m SO happy for you! Thank you for coming back to let us know. You’re welcome, it was very much the least I could do. I felt horrible when I read your story and I just wanted to see if there was anything that could be done.

I can’t imagine the emotional roller coaster you’ve been on. I will say that the crew on here have been FANTASTIC and if you see Michael at the pool bar, say hello from Adrian. To that end, I will be disembarking tomorrow.

I’m just so glad you’re getting onboard, I hope you enjoy the trip. At least you’re in Sydney already so you can unwind tonight and get excited again about boarding tomorrow.

This really is a terrific crew, and I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic cruise. If only you could erase the last day or so from memory!

Enjoy and bon voyage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? Seriously, that’s the opposite of what I was told by Australian rep who said other associated offers would be withdrawn. Obviously I am totally over the moon if that’s the case Bonnie, but so as to settle it could someone please address it in writing to me? If so, well I will make as much effort to spread that goodwill around as I did with the ill will. I wait with bated breath.

Edited by lahore

Wahoo! I am soooooo excited. I know it will be impossible to clear this from your mind. Hopefully they will spoil you rotten once you board. We are just docking now. I am glad you did not have to come down here and after you eat you can enjoy the glorious weather. We boarded in Singapore so it is time for us to go home. Sorry we will not meet.

Thank you so very much Nonrev1, I too am so very sorry we won’t meet but I do believe in karma and you should get some good stuff coming your way. I wish you wonderful sailings in the future. Hugs.

That's stepping up and trying to make a terrible situation right. It restores my faith in Azamara. And yes, I admit my faith was severely shaken. I just hope that somebody sets this up to be a learning process so the multiple very serious mistakes made won't happen again.

Agree Bob, if what Bonnie says is what happens then I will be so happily recompensed for the heartache and it restores my faith too.

That being said, I am a lecturer in a Business College in university and will be using this as a case study in social media, customer relations and process mapping. I do think Azamara can turn this into a positive for themselves by looking at what happened here and making sure it doesn’t happen again, for their own sake as well as their customer’s.

I’m one hopeful lady at the moment, and DH has started to ask about food again so that’s a good sign. :)

I’m SO happy for you! Thank you for coming back to let us know. You’re welcome, it was very much the least I could do. I felt horrible when I read your story and I just wanted to see if there was anything that could be done.

I can’t imagine the emotional roller coaster you’ve been on. I will say that the crew on here have been FANTASTIC and if you see Michael at the pool bar, say hello from Adrian. To that end, I will be disembarking tomorrow.

I’m just so glad you’re getting onboard, I hope you enjoy the trip. At least you’re in Sydney already so you can unwind tonight and get excited again about boarding tomorrow.

This really is a terrific crew, and I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic cruise. If only you could erase the last day or so from memory!

Enjoy and bon voyage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, yes, if only the last day really was a bad dream, I think I’m going to imagine it was. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise and I wish you fair winds in all your future travels. I will certainly say hi to Michael from you.

Bon voyage to you too.

Well done Lahore (and all who helped) - enjoy your cruise 🦋🦋

[emoji106]to the not so silent majority!

Indeed, well done to all. Community: sometimes it still has power and sometimes corporations accept their errors and bravely live up to their values statements, demonstrating their morals. Gives one faith again.

On my part, I vow to make a goodly donation to charity in honour of those who could never even afford to have the dramas I have been complaining about in the past 24/7.

Or those who get booted from the ship and don’t have the power of social media / Bonnie etc. behind them. The fact that Azamara found you a cabin doesn’t make what happened any less disgusting and I keep wondering how many others that don’t use Cruise Critic are experiencing events like this...

Or those who get booted from the ship and don’t have the power of social media / Bonnie etc. behind them. The fact that Azamara found you a cabin doesn’t make what happened any less disgusting and I keep wondering how many others that don’t use Cruise Critic are experiencing events like this...

Yes, I am 59 so I hesitate to talk about ‘the elderly’ but if this happened to my father, for example, he would have no social media method to engage with Azamara’s senior management and probably would have had a heart attack on the spot.

I have offered to the CEO to be interviewed or do anything else for staff training purposes so that they can follow up how this happened from the customer perspective and process map what went wrong should they wish to.

I am so pleased you have resolution Lahore and we do hope you can relax and have a great cruise.

Fantastic lessons can be learned from what happened to you by both Azamara and the cruise critic community on how to respond and how not to respond to situations.

Take care and hopefully enjoy your experience

Edited by uktog

So very glad Azamara have stepped up and done the right thing.

Of course, the situation should never have happened in the first place but I can tell you that you will be so spoiled by the wonderful crew onboard.

Hope you have a lovely cruise.