Navigator 12/2/18 Cancelled- Chartered

kruzerci

It would be nice if one of the price-protected options was for the same sail date. (I know, that's hard to do for a 5 day cruise, but sometimes vacation dates are chosen for a very specific reason.)

It would be nice if they would require charter groups to book the ship further in advance, say 18 months, to minimize the number of people booted off of a cruise.

I agree - we booked this cruise and the following 9 night on Navigator to celebrate our 20th anniversary on Dec 6.

It has been interesting going through travel sites looking for a cruise or B2B that will ensure we are onboard a ship on the 6th and not packing to leave on the 7th.

MSC, with their status match option, is very high up on the list - although they are a little more pricey.

My TA was insistent, up until a few days ago, that the sailing would go ahead. I was going to bet him gratuities vs doubling his commission that it would be cancelled. If cancelled, he pays gratuities for one of us. If it goes ahead, we will double his commission. I never tied him to that, so I lose again!

Arrggghhh

Chris in Inuvik

We were on the canceled cruise last year and again this year, it's getting ridiculous!
Everyone here on CC gives me a hard time when I book refundable back up cruises. We like having specific cabins (aft corner) and when you get chartered you don't have many options on location. $100 OBC doesn't ease the pain.

I've had cruises taken away from me twice. Some on here have had multiple cruises cancelled. It will be on my terms going forward. [emoji41]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It would be nice if one of the price-protected options was for the same sail date. (I know, that's hard to do for a 5 day cruise, but sometimes vacation dates are chosen for a very specific reason.)

It would be nice if they would require charter groups to book the ship further in advance, say 18 months, to minimize the number of people booted off of a cruise.

This is apparently the fifth year this Auto group have chartered this ship for the same 5 days in December.

Everyone here on CC gives me a hard time when I book refundable back up cruises. We like having specific cabins (aft corner) and when you get chartered you don't have many options on location. $100 OBC doesn't ease the pain.

I've had cruises taken away from me twice. Some on here have had multiple cruises cancelled. It will be on my terms going forward. [emoji41]

I'm with you on this one. We have had several chartered. Like I posted earlier we are still waiting to hear about our BR January 2019 cruise that is chartered (third year in a row for us on that ship). Fortunately I already have my back up cruise booked.

You are fortunate to be able to book refundable deposits. We do not get the same benefits as a rule.

I'm with you on this one. We have had several chartered. Like I posted earlier we are still waiting to hear about our BR January 2019 cruise that is chartered (third year in a row for us on that ship). Fortunately I already have my back up cruise booked.

At the rate that yours are getting chartered you will have to come up with something other than “several”...perhaps multitude or plethora.:halo:

Doesn't this same dealership use the Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa also? They need their own ship called Fuccillo of the Seas. Some of the sleaziest car commercials you will ever see on television or hear on the radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Annoying yes, but sleazy? Why?

I love it how cruise lines will always push folks to book early. Makes sense for them as more people who book early, the less need need to discount later to fill the ship. They will never publicize situations such as this though. The truth is that the further out you book, the greater the risk that your cruise can be cancelled because of a charter.

I live in the EU never heard this before so could you tell me where I can find this information Thanks

Any lawyer handling travel related cases will help you.

They are breaching EU consumer protection laws and the minimum compensation is 150% of the contract value + all actual costs.

Contract has to be signed in the EU it does not matter where you live but where the contract was signed....

So if you used the US website you are not protected if you used an EU site you are fine.

Any lawyer handling travel related cases will help you.

They are breaching EU consumer protection laws and the minimum compensation is 150% of the contract value + all actual costs.

Contract has to be signed in the EU it does not matter where you live but where the contract was signed....

So if you used the US website you are not protected if you used an EU site you are fine.

I'm going to bet they didn't book via an EU source - which now explains why Europeans pay a premium

Is this typical for RC? Feel like I've seen several threads lately about cruises being chartered. Boggles my mind that they can just do that. Is there a rule about when they do it? Like if it is a certain amount full they won't?

Happens quite often anymore. They can do it anytime they want, though normally it's pretty far in advance.

Not so lucky for us...we are also on the 7th but b2b on the 2nd, struggling to find alternatives on the 2nd only 4 Nt on 3rd or flight change from the UK! Boo hiss to RCL

We were on the 23rd November and the 2nd Dec, got wind of this charter in December although RCCL would not admit it. We have now booked B2B on Adventure 24 November and 2nd December. RCCL have agreed to pay for extra night pre cruise so we don't change flights outbound.

The OBC offered is not with them bothering.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, CoupleUK said:

$300 per person to cover international flight fee.

Our last flight from the UK was over $700 each.

What about the other $400 each we would lose?

Flying from the UK means wed have to book a hotel the night before sailing - another $100-$150 lost.

And if you choose to cancel you dont get anything?

RCI get a better deal and guests get shafted.

Well done Royal Caribbean NOT

I can see this post was from a loooong while back but RCL have just put us in the same position so I'm wondering how you got on with compensation in the end. 

I have a thread on our situation here... https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum/cruises-rants/general-cruise-grumbles/1247692-rcl-customer-service-fail

Edited by 0rlan