Charge for Dive in Burger?

Tinknock50

Oh no not at all ;) just sort of dazed and confused, and no energy. A waste of a partial day and full evening. And I know better -- I made the same mistake (day drinking) a few years prior. I think I've learned my lesson....

Maybe you just need a training program and then practice. ;)

The dive-in has limited hours. With room service, you can get a burger after dive-in has closed.

Sure, you can always get a 'normal' burger from the galley via room service, but can you really get a Dive-In burger from room service even when the venue isn't open?

I have never had a Dive in burger, and I am 4 star, is there something special about them? Sailing on the Maasdam this next Sunday.

Special? No. It's just a decent burger. I think its the feel-good atmosphere of being on a cruise ship lido deck that makes them what they are.

Sure, you can always get a 'normal' burger from the galley via room service, but can you really get a Dive-In burger from room service even when the venue isn't open?

We were told (on the Amsterdam) that a room service burger ordered "after hours" was actually prepared on the Dive-in grill behind closed doors and that was part of the justification for the extra charge.

We were told (on the Amsterdam) that a room service burger ordered "after hours" was actually prepared on the Dive-in grill behind closed doors and that was part of the justification for the extra charge.

I really don't think that's true. I think it would be more likely that they have the sauces and meat patties available in the regular kitchen for the purpose of room service.

I really don't think that's true. I think it would be more likely that they have the sauces and meat patties available in the regular kitchen for the purpose of room service.

I agree. They have to clean the grill before they shut down dive-in. And can you imagine the clamor of people beating on the hatch cover demanding burgers if they could smell them cooking?!?!?

I agree with you in that any able person should just get their Dive-In burger fresh from the grill. Just having it show up at my room after it has been sitting around for a while diminishes the experience.

I would also add that it bothers me that HAL would make a hamburger a special extra cost item.

igraf

ps We can handle the calories because our policy is to use the stairs while on board for the most part. We burn more calories on a ship than we do at home!

I'm pretty sure the person I quoted said she doesn't mind the exercise to go to the front desk to get Mariner errors corrected (in another thread) so I find it funny that she would get room service for their mediocre (to me) food. It's not worth the calories. I do find it amusing at how bent people get on CC about every tiny thing. It's quite amusing.

It can be for people with mobility problems. Especially when they are back in their cabin, and just too wiped out to go out again for something to eat.

Not everyone is able-bodied. And not all who are able-bodied will be able to say that for the rest of their lives.

And at 0100 hours ... the Dive-In Burger is made in the kitchen and it is delicious ... $4.95 fee, surprised us, but didn't stop us ...

Can you get them medium rare?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. We were able to on 2 different ships, 3 cruises.

They do have the warning about "well done to prevent illness" and will say they prefer that they are at least medium, but they cooked to order for us.

The burger was actually quite good. I really liked the Dive In on the Rotterdam. Somehow, it seemed better than my previous cruise and we did enjoy a couple of them on our cruise. I don't usually eat hot dogs, but I did like one they offered there and had a couple of those as well ;)

I have never had a Dive in burger, and I am 4 star, is there something special about them? Sailing on the Maasdam this next Sunday.

I actually prefer the hot dogs with the crispy onions. And in truth, I'm not that impressed with the fries. I really wish they would bring back the option for sweet potato fries they had before they switched to the "Dive In" rather than just the Terrace Grill.

I actually prefer the hot dogs with the crispy onions. And in truth, I'm not that impressed with the fries. I really wish they would bring back the option for sweet potato fries they had before they switched to the "Dive In" rather than just the Terrace Grill.

It’s funny how tastes are different. We LOVE the fries from the Dive In! I can’t get enough of them and my scales prove it!!!

Originally posted by ithaca gal I’ve never ordered it to be delivered but it’s worth it!
Really? Is it that far to walk? I have no interest in eating something so bad for you. Not even wanting to walk to get it blows my mind.
I think you missed the point! The point was you can have the Dive In food delivered via room service. Which if I remember was the point behind this thread, "is there a charge for dive in burgers" -- response "just if ordered through room service"

I have news for you, very little of the food on a cruise is actually good for you. Too much sodium, too little fiber, all infused with corn syrup and who knows what other chemicals. So unless you are limiting yourself to only tossed salads and no dressings, you too are eating food that isn't good for you.

I think you missed the point! The point was you can have the Dive In food delivered via room service. Which if I remember was the point behind this thread, "is there a charge for dive in burgers" -- response "just if ordered through room service"

I have news for you, very little of the food on a cruise is actually good for you. Too much sodium, too little fiber, all infused with corn syrup and who knows what other chemicals. So unless you are limiting yourself to only tossed salads and no dressings, you too are eating food that isn't good for you.

So I guess it's my turn now.