Murano vs Tuscan Grill

Woodstove

I prefer Tuscan even though at this point I think the quality of food in Murano is better (Tuscan used to be much better). But I've generally encountered poor service in Murano (usually pretentious and obnoxious to sometimes outright rude) so I don't go there anymore unless traveling with someone new to Celebrity. We usually dine in Luminae which (on most of the ships) beats both places by far.

Murano...We have never encountered poor service and their Chateaubriand is absolutely wonderful. Our very first time in Tuscan was with my cousins. All of us had tough meat, very slow service and decided to not return. Yes, it was our first and last time, though I will admit the view, when sailing away, is wonderful. However, so are many views when cruising to ports all over Europe!

We did Murano and Tuscan Grill on Silly. I could not help but notice that a first timer that made reservations for Murano at the same time as myself got window seats in the main dining area. We were seated in the alcove that is directly behind the wall of the band that plays in the outside corridor. We got poor service and the sound of the bass totally disrupted our enjoyment of our dinner.

We went to Tuscany to have a look at the restaurant and made a reservation there and cancelled our next reservation at Murano. We had a much better dinner, enjoying the view from the back of the ship. I will note...if you dine there after dark, the ambience of the aft view is diminished.

Actually, I would add Qsine to the mix or if you are on the Silly or Reflection the Lawn Grill is #1- The food is very good and the ambiance very unique! But I prefer Murano of the two- I agree that the Tuscan grill is like olive garden. I ordered a chicken parma and they didn't even melt the cheese. It was horrible.

Can you tell me how Tuscan is on the Equinox.

Last September, we dined twice in Tuscan and twice in Murano. Although the food and service were excellent in Murano, we actually preferred Tuscan. We had steak both times in Tuscan, and they were some of the best steaks that we have ever eaten. Don't hesitate to go to Tuscan. The service was great. We loved it.

Murano for us. We have never had a bad meal or service and the Dover Sole is a nice entree and presentation. Off Silhouette this past January and actually skipped Tuscan due to previous cruise and meal quality. Decided, for us, not to waste an opportunity to eat in Murano's a second time.

As always. I would encourage you to try both and then have your own opinion/experience. Tuscan is NOT bad, but think Murano is better.

Have a great cruise!

We also did like Qsine and Lawn Club for dinner. Did not try the Porch on Silhouette.

My most recent experience on the Equinox - about a month ago.

First night in Murano - just excellent food and service. We had a great time, and decided the third night of our package would also be Murano.

A couple of nights later, we went to Tuscan grill. The Maitre 'd seated us, but our server did not introduce himself or welcome us. He did nothing wrong, but was below the level of Main Dining Room service. The Maitre ' d happened to cruise by, and asked how things were going. I gave him the point by point analysis of our experience thus far, and he was all over it. Things got better fast, but only because I calmly explained our disappointment. The food was fine, but unremarkable. Good crab cakes...

Our last night of the cruise we were back in Murano, and it was even better than the first night. Probably our best restaurant meal to date. We ordered Chateaubriand, and explained we wanted part Medium, part Medium Well. Our server explained how they'd do that. I asked for an extra lobster tail, and got the now-standard "why not"?.

When the server brought the meal, he said they decided to do two Chateaubriands, one for each of us, to make sure they got it right. It was right, alright. All 17 pounds of it were excellent. (Perhaps a slight exaggeration there...) The service was marvelous, and it was a great meal.

So, Murano by a mile.

Oh I forgot to Mention if you book Tuscan before it’s pitch black outside the view on the aft of the ship through the floor to ceiling windows is worth it! I’d say best view on the ship as far as dining goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Murano for me is the best by far, we have eaten there 3 times and the food and service is outstanding.

Tuscan we've tried once, maybe it was an off night but we have had better meals in average Italian restaurants at home, the view was amazing though.

Qsine was a disappointment, maybe it is more fun with more than 2 people, we felt overwhelmed by the volume of food and subsequently didn't enjoy the meal at all. It was towards the end of our cruise, maybe we were just sick of rich food by then!