Did I get a good price on Allure?

If it's the cruise you want at the price you think is worth it, you got a good deal. Keep watching the rates. If they go down before final payment you can always take advantage of the drop. After final payment you can't get any drop. BUT, you might be able to get a good deal on an upgrade, or stop looking once final payment date passes.

May 2019

Allure - Eastern

Ocean Balcony, 11th deck

$2,150 for 2, $100 OBC

Thoughts on price and if you think I can get better as it gets closer?

We’ve cruise a bit in May on oasis class before. It certainly isn’t a bad price. Eastern usually is a bit more and if that is out the door price for the cabin you want it isn’t bad. Could you beat it? Maybe, but hard to know as each week and each year is different. I’d keep an eye for a price reduction but id be happy if I was you if it stayed as is.

For an ocean view balcony on an Oasis class ship, that is a pretty good price if it includes taxes and fees. As many know you can get a better price for OVB on other class ships. You have a lot of time to check the prices in the meantime.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by ptf2009
spelling

May 2019

Allure - Eastern

Ocean Balcony, 11th deck

$2,150 for 2, $100 OBC

Thoughts on price and if you think I can get better as it gets closer?

Not a bad price for May. Taxes and fees included, my most recent OV balcony was $1,971 for 2 adults and $350 OBC. Or in other words, $1,621.

In my opinion, after you factor in taxes and OBC credit, if you can get an OV balcony for 2 adults at $1,000 pp or less, and the dates work for you, it's a good deal.

But even if it's a few hundred more, in the grand scheme of things, that extra money is such a small fraction of the overall cost of your vacation. So like I said, if the dates work and you're happy, you did good.

Now if you're pushing $1,500 pp, I'd say no way, unless it was the week of Christmas.

Ok, I have a question. Do the prices jump up a lot from say May-Sep, then drop back down after school starts? Because some people have year round school. Thanks for any answers.

Prices do tend to be lower for cruises in September vs cruises in the summer.

Ok, I have a question. Do the prices jump up a lot from say May-Sep, then drop back down after school starts? Because some people have year round school. Thanks for any answers.

I suppose you are asking about Bahamas/Caribbean itineraries only (I can't comment on Alaska, European or New England cruises during this period). I have been doing some price checking lately and I'd say that, from May to September, you may still be able to find good price during parts of May (depends on the ship/itinerary, sometimes it could be early May, sometimes it could be the last week of May right after US Memorial Day holiday). But June thru middle of August are always more expensive. Prices tend to drop back a bit in the last 2 weeks of August prior to Labour Day, and then continue to stay on the lower side for pretty much the rest of September.

A lot of these also depends on how fast/slow a particular sailing is selling, and when RCI is offering GTY, which could happen before or after payment deadline. For example, my upcoming RCI cruise on the 8/26 Oasis sailing, they were offering GTY this past weekend (or maybe started on Friday); inside GTY was gone I think the very next day, OV GTY gone today, neighbourhood balcony GTY still available as of this morning, but who knows how long it will last. I saw the same kind of pattern for the Allure 8/26 sailing a couple of weeks ago and the GTY offering was available for maybe a week or so and then gone.

This is only my observation for some of the ships I checked and I am pretty sure there are always exception and your experience can be totally different.

Yes the past couple of years you could get an OV balcony on the OA class ships for $1400-$1600 neighborhood balconies for less Setp-Dec time frame, not inc Thanksgiving

Time of year plays a huge roll in pricing. We are going on a seven day Caribbean on the Allure, October 21 of this year. We booked a grand Suite and got a great price. Our friends just booked a D6 oceanview balcony for $713.47 p.p. grand total.

We did too. Probably be our only shot at a GS:) See you then

Thanks guys for all the responses. I’ll be sure to keep checking the site. We originally, was going to do the May 5th one which was $100 cheaper a person but we’d get back on Mother’s day and didn’t want to do that. So, went with this date. I also agree that Western Caribbean is about a $100 cheap a person as well, but we all know Eastern is better =P.

Also I went on the UK website and saw so many more Rooms available. Is there a reason for this?