Cruise Disaster

kerryincork

Well drats, that means you are going to need hotel in Miami. I’m reasonably familiar with Miami, so don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m more than happy to help. Flights to the usvi are also very easy to come by if interested in catching up with the ship later in the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep that's what I will try to do. I've been to Miami a good few times now. So I'll just book an airport hotel for Sunday and get my travel agent to book me a flight and hotel for the virgin Isles on Monday.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

A lot of the trouble yesterday wasn't with Cork Airport but the airports they were flying to not accepting flights.

The main issue today is the airport staff not able to get to the airport.

Don't forget snow is very unusual for Cork. So people don't have snow tyres or snow chains for the cars.

WELL ..for Canada there is no snow on those pictures and no need to snow tiers this airport staff just don't want to work . I could understand 1 day delay but 3 days? crazy .

WELL ..for Canada there is no snow on those pictures and no need to snow tiers this airport staff just don't want to work . I could understand 1 day delay but 3 days? crazy .
Unfortunately for me those who had their flights cancelled earlier in the week booked all the Saturday flights[emoji19]

I count myself lucky to have my Sunday flight.

We also have a lot of hills in Cork and when they ice over it's like an ice-rink.

Oh Kerry, I feel your pain. Our flights to Dubai from Dublin tomorrow have just been cancelled, booked for Saturday and keeping our fingers crossed flights resume. Hopefully we can board in Abu Dhabi instead. It's a nightmare :eek:

Hope you get away Sunday.

Oh Kerry, I feel your pain. Our flights to Dubai from Dublin tomorrow have just been cancelled, booked for Saturday and keeping our fingers crossed flights resume. Hopefully we can board in Abu Dhabi instead. It's a nightmare :eek:

Hope you get away Sunday.

Who expected such weather in Ireland in March! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your flight and cruise.

Unfortunately for me those who had their flights cancelled earlier in the week booked all the Saturday flights[emoji19]

We also have a lot of hills in Cork and when they ice over it's like an ice-rink.

Keep checking . I hope you find solution and make it to ship on time.

Man that is unfortunate indeed. Is Dublin airport still open Can you drive or train to Dublin if open?

Sorry to hear.

Cheers.

Man that is unfortunate indeed. Is Dublin airport still open Can you drive or train to Dublin if open?

Sorry to hear.

Cheers.

Dublin is pretty much shut, a few flights have departed but they are saying they'll be no flights at all tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for you...I see you have Travel Insurance so atleast costs aren't an issue and this will cover your fare to catch up with the ship. Good luck and atleast your on a B2B....so you hopefully will have plenty of time to relax!!

Kerry,

Sorry you're going through this. I'm also sailing this Saturday on Seaside assuming my flight leaves tomorrow (expecting a noreaster with heavy rain and strong winds). If your travel companion should need company on the ship, I'd be happy to help.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

You may want to check if MSC will or can let you board in another port as I believe you cant do that with Stateside cruise. They are considered close loop cruises and have only one port for embarkation and debarkation.

Good luck with your trip.

Bon Voyage

Djp

You may want to check if MSC will or can let you board in another port as I believe you cant do that with Stateside cruise. They are considered close loop cruises and have only one port for embarkation and debarkation.

Good luck with your trip.

Bon Voyage

Djp

No thats incorrect...You can join the cruise at another port. People do miss cruises (due to delays) and have to catch up with the ship at the next port if thats what they want to do (financially) or if they have travel insurance

Well, there is an issue if one tried to board a Miami to Miami (closed loop) cruise boarding at another US city, like Key West. You can’t board in one US city and disembark in another unless you have visited a distant foreign port. But in this case, boarding in the Virgin Islands, does that count as a non US city? It’s a complicated issue...you might think the itinerary would count as a distant foreign port but the usual Caribbean ports are not considered as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Make sure you check with MSC and have their permission to board at another port. You can't just show up and expect to board.

Agree...But Kerry seems on top of everything and I am sure he will be working with MSC to coordinate a way to board his first leg of the B2B

Kerry,

Just FYI,

There are non-stop flights from Miami to St. Thomas on American airlines if you need to catch the ship there next Tuesday. And cheaper to fly there than pay for hotel and food waiting for the ship to come back to Miami. It's always good to have some options thought through before you talk to TA or MSC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

President Trump lifted the Jones act with the hurricane Maria- not sure if it’s been reinstated yet so you could get lucky. If not, last I read the fine was around $700.

Kerry- you have a terrific attitude. I hope you find the humor in this picture from my front porch. We are getting 10-12 inches of snow right now. Detroit metro is running normal.

1fdf05116f150521a8b175da9b0540b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear about your problem. Why do you have to wait until Saturday for your TA? In this cases, your TA might be able to do all the necessary changes from her home if she is not able to go to her office. Can you email her or do you have her phone number? Under this circumstances it is not that you would be interrupting her holiday. My travel agents even have an emergency number, because anything can happen that requires their intervention. Fortunately I have only used it once, when our flight was about to be cancelled and my travel agent looked for an alternative route while waiting for the final decision.

Ivi

I contacted them today to request we embark at the next port, hopefully it's in hand. If we can't fly Saturday and embark Sunday we'll not be able to sail as the next 2 days are at sea. 0ur only other option would be to see if we can sail the following week, not sure they'd swap it though.