Cruise Disaster

kerryincork

Were you able to contact your traveling companion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No I sent her a text, but unsure if she got the message as her phone is old and I don't know if it is able to connect to the mobile network here?

Does anyone know how i could contact MSC Seaside? I couldn't find any contact details for the ship on line

No I sent her a text, but unsure if she got the message as her phone is old and I don't know if it is able to connect to the mobile network here?

Does anyone know how i could contact MSC Seaside? I couldn't find any contact details for the ship on line

I may be mistaken, but I think that the ship's number is printed on the dailies. Maybe someone who has one from Seaside could check that out? I looked through the current MSC brochure, but Seaside's number isn't included (printed before Seaside first sailed).

Beam... brilliant idea :)

I just looked up the number printed in the dailies found on page 85 of this thread https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2582190&page=5

On the front of the daily it says "Miss the Ship?" Seaside Satellite: 00870773308290/1

Not sure it that is what you need, but if you click on the dailies listed above it also gives numbers for the ports of calls which may be helpful too.

Well folks, today is the big day when I finally board the Seaside 😀

I am a bit nervous as this is the first time I have missed the ship 😀 (and hopefully the last)

I contacted my travel agent and they said it is the normal procedure for boarding.

I have the basic Internet package so again not sure if I can post on CC.

I will post on here to let you know what happens.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

Well folks, today is the big day when I finally board the Seaside [emoji3]

I am a bit nervous as this is the first time I have missed the ship [emoji3] (and hopefully the last)

I contacted my travel agent and they said it is the normal procedure for boarding.

I have the basic Internet package so again not sure if I can post on CC.

I will post on here to let you know what happens.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

I have been silently following this and want to wish you the best time as you join the cruise. Quite an experience.

Yeah I had a relaxing 5 days in Miami. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that I missed the first week of the cruise.

I had booked just over a year ago and I had been looking forward to it all year. Then we got hit with a freak snow storm and boom my holiday went down in flames.

I know this is only a very small hiccup in my life. And that others were seriously impacted by the storm.

Oh well I see cocktails in my very near future [emoji3] and this will be soon forgotten.

Well I have to get up now and pack my last few items.

Quick question, does anyone know what I should do about luggage tags?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Luggage tags should have printed out with your cruise ticket and other docs. Probably can be done for you by a porter. I would try to arrive between 1030 and 11am for less crowded and time to get in. Last week they were boarding group 1 by 1130 or so. Enjoy your week, it's a great ship!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

If both your cabin number and the booking number are the same as for the first leg, then you should be able to use them. There's no problem getting new tags at the terminal, though, as some people (such as ourselves!) often need extra if they're sending hand-luggage on with suitcases. (The only port I've embarked at that doesn't have luggage tags is Lisbon).

Had a really great time, sadly disembarked today. I'll do a proper review after our few days in Dubai and try to upload your menu photo.

Enjoy your time in Dubai. Great to hear the cruise went well. Looking forward to your review!