Cruise Critic Community
need2cruisesoon

Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

A new production show, "Rock Opera", will debut on Sky Princess from December 2019. Here's the details from the press release:

Created exclusively for Princess Cruises, Rock Opera will feature avant-garde inspired costumes, a musical soundtrack spanning classic rock, musical theatre and opera, as well as songs performed in a variety of languages – English, Spanish and Latin, and sign language.

The show will open on the 3,660-guest Sky Princess in December 2019, as it sails the Caribbean and will feature special guest Tenor Brian Justin Crum (America’s Got Talent: The Champions) for the ships inaugural season. The vessel will then head to Northern Europe and sail roundtrip from Copenhagen on a number of Russia and Scandinavia voyages between April and August.

“Rock Opera takes our guests on a musical journey, featuring our eight-piece live orchestra playing iconic rock songs. Our production and costume design team were inspired by one of New York City’s most glamorous evenings of the year, the Met Gala.” said Denise Saviss, Princess Cruises’ vice president of entertainment experience.

“Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess guests should anticipate an unforgettable evening of music that transcends language and celebrates the diversity of our crew and guests from around the world. Rock Opera features songs in English, Spanish, Latin and a Princess first – sign language.”

The show premieres aboard Sky Princess, followed by Enchanted Princess in June 2020 for its inaugural season in the Mediterranean.

Rock Opera’s creative team includes:

• Director and choreographer Danny Teeson, who has choreographed for a number of celebrities including Robbie Williams and Tom Jones and also created, as well as choreographed Princess Cruises’ award-winning show – Fantastic Journey.
  • Musical arranger Nelson Kole, who has worked with Frank Sinatra, Dionne Warwick and Beyoncé.
  • Emmy Award-winning scenic designer John Lacovelli and celebrity costume designer Jackson Lowell, who has designed costumes for the likes of Elton John, Jennifer Aniston and Cate Blanchett.

Sandra

After sailing on both the Royal and Regal during their inaugural seasons, I couldn't justify paying a higher fare just because it's a new ship.

7 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

After sailing on both the Royal and Regal during their inaugural seasons, I couldn't justify paying a higher fare just because it's a new ship.

we're paying about $ 5pp more per day (Cat BD - balcony) on the 3 day inaugural ... than we did for our S-4 suite

upsell on the CB in May ...  but, ...works for us

On 3/3/2018 at 1:19 PM, need2cruisesoon said:

I’m looking at cruises next fall on the Sky so I have some restrained excitement.

However, I am not seeing the usual threads like:

“Everything Sky”or “Lets get Pumped for the Sky”

Please share your enthusiasm and potential Sky cruises for next year, I’d like to discuss more about this 4th Royal Class ship.

Princess-Cruises-Deals.jpg.dd4f9cfcf92c4b71ee0b8563540f0b06.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes.  👍 Why wouldn’t I? 🤔

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Soon it will be ready.

Today's information.

SKY PRINCESS current position is 45.79002 N / 13.5449 E on Aug 20, 2019 17:44 UTC.Vessel SKY PRINCESS (IMO: 9802396, MMSI: 247393800) is a Passenger (Cruise) Ship built in 2019 and currently sailing under the flag of Bermuda. Current destination of SKY PRINCESS is SEA TRIALS and the estimated time of arrival (ETA) is Aug 24, 08:00.

AIS DATA

AIS Type

Passenger ship

Flag

Italy

Destination

SEA TRIALS

ETA

Aug 24, 08:00

IMO / MMSI

9802396 / 247393800

Callsign

ITP0215

Length / Beam

330 / 44 m

Current draught

8.5 m

Course / Speed

- / 0.0 kn

Coordinates

45.79002 N/13.5449 E

Last report 

Aug 20, 2019 17:44 UTC

On 8/19/2019 at 3:38 PM, AF-1 said:

Beige is a safe color.  Thanks for sharing these pics

Looks more like 50 shades of taupe to me which is a bridge between beige and gray.  

Meet our Captain! 

Capt Tuvo will take over the Sky Princess and he is a pretty interesting guy!

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Looks more like 50 shades of taupe to me which is a bridge between beige and gray.  

Or griege as it’s sometimes called.

Nice to see something a little different. Just grateful for a move away from the usual orange wood that is in the cabins. Hoping the shower curtain has finally gone too. Not that it will affect us as we only have mini suites or suites booked for the various cruises we have scheduled on the two new ships.

4 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Or griege as it’s sometimes called.

Nice to see something a little different. Just grateful for a move away from the usual orange wood that is in the cabins. Hoping the shower curtain has finally gone too. Not that it will affect us as we only have mini suites or suites booked for the various cruises we have scheduled on the two new ships.

They were long overdue for a color change. 

I was looking forward to the blues and greens in the staterooms, as depicted on the Sky video.

9 hours ago, CruiseBabys said:

Meet our Captain! 

Capt Tuvo will take over the Sky Princess and he is a pretty interesting guy!

Cruise Baby’s

Thank You for sharing your video it was great!! Captain Tuvo was fantastic. I can’t stop laughing 😁.

To all my Cruise Critic friends this is a must watch. 😁😁

Tony

23 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Cruise Baby’s

Thank You for sharing your video it was great!! Captain Tuvo was fantastic. I can’t stop laughing 😁.

To all my Cruise Critic friends this is a must watch. 😁😁

Tony

it's always quite entertaining when he photobombs the formal night photos as well.

33 minutes ago, phred119s said:

it's always quite entertaining when he photobombs the formal night photos as well.

I would love to see them. They must be hilarious. I hope someday I will be lucky enough to sail with him.

Tony

1 minute ago, Lucky TGO said:

I would love to see them. They must be hilarious. I hope someday I will be lucky enough to sail with him.

Tony

He's just a good guy! We were cracking up last night watching the reflections DVD from last week.  My daughter was in it with him several times so we had to buy it. There were so many clips of photobombing mixed in. He's certainly what made us fall in love with Princess.  (We've only sailed with him.)

4 minutes ago, phred119s said:

He's just a good guy! We were cracking up last night watching the reflections DVD from last week.  My daughter was in it with him several times so we had to buy it. There were so many clips of photobombing mixed in. He's certainly what made us fall in love with Princess.  (We've only sailed with him.)

And they call me Lucky. 😁😁 I’m happy you had such a good time on your cruise.

Tony

On 9/6/2018 at 4:41 PM, chamima said:

Ha- Ha! 😄

Did anyone else notice the mention of "Live piano performance" in the Crown Grill Bar?

As much as I love Crooners, I certainly hope this isn't the new location.

Wondering if the Wheelhouse pub lunches will now be in the Crown Grill?

I am definitely looking forward to being on her in January/February.  I was supposed to do the T/A in November but had to cancel that cruise.  Looking forward to sailing on a brand new ship.  So glad they will have a Crooners....😊😊😊

Bob

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

I am definitely looking forward to being on her in January/February.  I was supposed to do the T/A in November but had to cancel that cruise.  Looking forward to sailing on a brand new ship.  So glad they will have a Crooners....😊😊😊

Bob

The Sky does not show a crooners...do you have insider info?

Thanks for posting the video of Capt Tuvo.  Seems like he is a people person

Apologies if this was previously mentioned, but from a recent YouTube video (see attached), a couple details noted about Sky:

• no open-air gap on port side Lido deck bump out (as deck plans indicate - assuming starboard also has no gap - but SeaWalk glass appears present)

• struts for outdoor canopy over al fresco dining area on promenade deck

B5DEBFB3-DE9D-4ED5-80E5-FDDB1ABB1DFE.jpeg

15 minutes ago, jsea said:

• struts for outdoor canopy over al fresco dining area on promenade deck

Those would be for La Mer on the portside and on the starboard side for Alfredo’s Pizzeria.

2BB2F999-CBC0-481E-A1C3-96AC02C751A5.jpeg

On 8/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, AF-1 said:

Beige is a safe color.  Thanks for sharing these pics

As in the color of cat vomit...

On 8/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

The Sky does not show a crooners...do you have insider info?

I was under the assumption Vines was going away and Crooners was taking it's place.  Guess I was wrong.....

Bob