Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

7 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

After sailing on both the Royal and Regal during their inaugural seasons, I couldn't justify paying a higher fare just because it's a new ship.

we're paying about $ 5pp more per day (Cat BD - balcony) on the 3 day inaugural ... than we did for our S-4 suite

upsell on the CB in May ...  but, ...works for us

On 3/3/2018 at 1:19 PM, need2cruisesoon said:

I’m looking at cruises next fall on the Sky so I have some restrained excitement.

However, I am not seeing the usual threads like:

“Everything Sky”or “Lets get Pumped for the Sky”

Please share your enthusiasm and potential Sky cruises for next year, I’d like to discuss more about this 4th Royal Class ship.

Princess-Cruises-Deals.jpg.dd4f9cfcf92c4b71ee0b8563540f0b06.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes.  👍 Why wouldn’t I? 🤔

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Soon it will be ready.

Today's information.

SKY PRINCESS current position is 45.79002 N / 13.5449 E on Aug 20, 2019 17:44 UTC.Vessel SKY PRINCESS (IMO: 9802396, MMSI: 247393800) is a Passenger (Cruise) Ship built in 2019 and currently sailing under the flag of Bermuda. Current destination of SKY PRINCESS is SEA TRIALS and the estimated time of arrival (ETA) is Aug 24, 08:00.

AIS DATA

AIS Type

Passenger ship

Flag

Italy

Destination

SEA TRIALS

ETA

Aug 24, 08:00

IMO / MMSI

9802396 / 247393800

Callsign

ITP0215

Length / Beam

330 / 44 m

Current draught

8.5 m

Course / Speed

- / 0.0 kn

Coordinates

45.79002 N/13.5449 E

Last report 

Aug 20, 2019 17:44 UTC

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Looks more like 50 shades of taupe to me which is a bridge between beige and gray.  

Or griege as it’s sometimes called.

Nice to see something a little different. Just grateful for a move away from the usual orange wood that is in the cabins. Hoping the shower curtain has finally gone too. Not that it will affect us as we only have mini suites or suites booked for the various cruises we have scheduled on the two new ships.

4 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Or griege as it’s sometimes called.

Nice to see something a little different. Just grateful for a move away from the usual orange wood that is in the cabins. Hoping the shower curtain has finally gone too. Not that it will affect us as we only have mini suites or suites booked for the various cruises we have scheduled on the two new ships.

They were long overdue for a color change. 

9 hours ago, CruiseBabys said:

Meet our Captain! 

Capt Tuvo will take over the Sky Princess and he is a pretty interesting guy!

Cruise Baby’s

Thank You for sharing your video it was great!! Captain Tuvo was fantastic. I can’t stop laughing 😁.

To all my Cruise Critic friends this is a must watch. 😁😁

Tony

23 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Cruise Baby’s

Thank You for sharing your video it was great!! Captain Tuvo was fantastic. I can’t stop laughing 😁.

To all my Cruise Critic friends this is a must watch. 😁😁

Tony

it's always quite entertaining when he photobombs the formal night photos as well.

1 minute ago, Lucky TGO said:

I would love to see them. They must be hilarious. I hope someday I will be lucky enough to sail with him.

Tony

He's just a good guy! We were cracking up last night watching the reflections DVD from last week.  My daughter was in it with him several times so we had to buy it. There were so many clips of photobombing mixed in. He's certainly what made us fall in love with Princess.  (We've only sailed with him.)

4 minutes ago, phred119s said:

He's just a good guy! We were cracking up last night watching the reflections DVD from last week.  My daughter was in it with him several times so we had to buy it. There were so many clips of photobombing mixed in. He's certainly what made us fall in love with Princess.  (We've only sailed with him.)

And they call me Lucky. 😁😁 I’m happy you had such a good time on your cruise.

Tony

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 4:41 PM, chamima said:

Ha- Ha! 😄

Did anyone else notice the mention of "Live piano performance" in the Crown Grill Bar?

As much as I love Crooners, I certainly hope this isn't the new location.

Wondering if the Wheelhouse pub lunches will now be in the Crown Grill?

I am definitely looking forward to being on her in January/February.  I was supposed to do the T/A in November but had to cancel that cruise.  Looking forward to sailing on a brand new ship.  So glad they will have a Crooners....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

I am definitely looking forward to being on her in January/February.  I was supposed to do the T/A in November but had to cancel that cruise.  Looking forward to sailing on a brand new ship.  So glad they will have a Crooners....😊😊😊

Bob

The Sky does not show a crooners...do you have insider info?

Apologies if this was previously mentioned, but from a recent YouTube video (see attached), a couple details noted about Sky:

• no open-air gap on port side Lido deck bump out (as deck plans indicate - assuming starboard also has no gap - but SeaWalk glass appears present)

• struts for outdoor canopy over al fresco dining area on promenade deck

B5DEBFB3-DE9D-4ED5-80E5-FDDB1ABB1DFE.jpeg

• Like 1