Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

They have no incentive to change anything if people keep booking them. Vote with your wallet. I’ll never understand settling for a ship with so many other possibilities. Is free laundry really that important to people?

We have sailed all the Royal class ships and people in general like them and they are always FULL.....there are many things on the other Princess ships that are out dated and inadequate compared to the new ships....have you actually sailed on one?:confused:

We have sailed all the Royal class ships and people in general like them and they are always FULL.....there are many things on the other Princess ships that are out dated and inadequate compared to the new ships....have you actually sailed on one?:confused:

No. Balcony size is very important to us. We were booked on the maiden TA of Royal but cancelled the day they released the balcony size. My question was aimed at people that state they don’t really like them but continue to book. Nothing will change as long as bookings are strong.

No. Balcony size is very important to us. We were booked on the maiden TA of Royal but cancelled the day they released the balcony size. My question was aimed at people that state they don’t really like them but continue to book. Nothing will change as long as bookings are strong.

You are correct about the balcony size but they have very large Piazzas, large and spacious Horizon Court Buffets and large gyms which basically are open 24 hours and Alfredo's is awesome.....they have corrected some design flaws from the original Royal too....so they do listen to passengers....I get what you are saying...there are so many cruise ships and cruise lines to choose from so why keep going back to something you are not happy with or not going to be happy with...:cool:

how about staying with the tried and true Grand Class... I have gone on Royal, cruised 4 of Celebrity ships...these new ships are missing the pont... traditional cruising is what many of us like... stick with the basics... that wins all the time. I don't want edgy... I don't need technology,. I like to have a nice main deck, good service, good food, nice cabins, good entertainment... that is what works.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
You are correct about the balcony size but they have very large Piazzas, large and spacious Horizon Court Buffets and large gyms which basically are open 24 hours and Alfredo's is awesome.....they have corrected some design flaws from the original Royal too....so they do listen to passengers....I get what you are saying...there are so many cruise ships and cruise lines to choose from so why keep going back to something you are not happy with or not going to be happy with...:cool:

Yep, the huge Horizon Court Buffet was very nice...makes the other Princess buffets pale in comparison.

And no, am not amped about the Sky Princess.

Well I switched dates, and rebooked for a Caribbean cruise in March. This allowed me to book the inaugural/ transatlantic sailing of the Norwegian Encore on Nov 2nd. Sky will be only a few months old when March rolls around so I’m still excited to get on her. I must admit NCL has really upped their game with the Norwegian Bliss......food service and ship decor top notch. I am curious as to how the Sky will compare.....as Princess although a vavorite of mine seems to be same old same old. If Princess service is still great, the ship itself will be less important.

Too many cruises, too little time.

Not real pleased with what appears may be a lack of lounge venues with live entertainment but otherwise excited to be booked in a hump mini suite on an interesting itinerary to Belize with Sip & Sail!

So far more positives than negatives for me.

Since this ship has no Crooners bar, does that mean there is no bar with a piano player?? We always enjoy stopping there at the end of our evenings.

We are booked for the Sky Transatlantic November 2019 from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale, but we are debating about waiting for the ship to start the Caribbean cruises.

There is no Crooners on the Sky or Wheelhouse bar. It is a no for me. The other venues serving drinks will be over crowded. This is a deal breaker for us. There is going to be way less public space. Where will people go on bad weather days when you can’t be outside? There are always people sitting in these venues during the day talking, playing cards. Where will they go now? I love the Regal we have cruises on her 5 times my favorite ship. I don’t see that Princess is replacing these 2 venues with something else to take their place. They are just removing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no Crooners on the Sky or Wheelhouse bar. It is a no for me. The other venues serving drinks will be over crowded. This is a deal breaker for us. There is going to be way less public space. Where will people go on bad weather days when you can’t be outside? There are always people sitting in these venues during the day talking, playing cards. Where will they go now? I love the Regal we have cruises on her 5 times my favorite ship. I don’t see that Princess is replacing these 2 venues with something else to take their place. They are just removing them...

Our sentiments exactly - These ships might be fine for short, warm weather trips with few sea days, but we prefer longer cruises. With very limited indoor seating areas it's a "no go" for us. We've spent many (9 consecutive days on one cruise) lazy sea days sitting in Skywalkers reading and watching the ocean....there's just nothing that looks remotely close to that experience on these new ships.

Not even a little bit. The venues aren't what I want. A French Bistro instead of Crooner's? Nope, nope, nope. I had zero interest in Majestic and Sky appears to be a clone of that ship. Send it to some far-flung area and let someone else have the "thrill" of sailing on the ship.

I totally agree with you Thrak on this one.

Tony

Since they're sending the ship to Florida soon and the reputation of the other Royal class ships sure make me want to give it a try.

Of course French Bistro doesn't interest me but with an outstanding restaurant & Horizon buffet like the other ships, who needs it?

I'll let the people who love the older ships deal with their problems & enjoy the new features of the Sky.

We started Princes with Royal Class and have enjoyed the class very much.

As a matter of fact booked on Sky's first TA with awesome roll call.

I love the Royal class ships. We have cruised on the Regal 5 times. We did a Transatlantic on the Regal 17 days. Many of those days it was too cool to be out on deck. Without a Crooners or Wheelhouse many people wouldn't have had anywhere to go. People will end up sitting in the Lido restaurant all day. That will create a problem finding seats at meal times. Princess is changing many of the spaces on the Sky Princess. There will not be a Wheelhouse or Crooners this is a loss of public space. They are adding more cabins to the area around the spa pool. It doesn't look like there will be any space for lounging around that pool. When we sit at the pool this is the area we like to sit at. I think what people are missing is they are taking away non income generating public space. These two bars do generate income selling drinks, but I do see people using them that are not drinking. I doubt Princess will let people lounge around a fee restaurant during the day. I have never seen that happen in the Crown Grill or any of the other fee restaurants. I am not upset that they are changing these bar areas to something else, I would be fine for a change to a different type lounge. Princess is doing away with the space of Crooners to place a fee ($30.00 per person) restaurant there. Princess has always been our favorite. We have 20 cruises with Princess with 3 more booked. I really don't want to try to find another cruise line. We have cruised others but always come back to Princess. I guess we will see what happens.

We are very happy with the Royal class ships, have been on Royal and Regal several times. Don't get wound up about Crooners/happy hour venues...not our thing but we DO MISS Skywalkers! We are booked on the Sky transatlantic in November.

Thought I had posted this in this Sky Princess thread but it was in the Ocean Medallion one so sharing it here too...

Looks like Sky Princess will be launching with Ocean Medallion. See Activities & Entertainment for MedallionNet WiFi:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/yp-sky-princess/

Thanks for the link. Interesting new tidbits of information starting to be listed for the Sky Princess. People might like to check it out. There’s no mention of La Mer under speciality dining. There is mention of a new themed bar... :confused: Oh and artist impressions of the two new Sky Suites ;p

Edit - Just looked through all the information in the link and there are a good few new artists impressions including the main pool area and The Sanctuary. They both look very different to the previous Royal Class ships and also to any other Princess ship. It’s certainly making me even more excited for our Mediterranean cruises on her in October 2019. You could even say ‘I’M AMPED!

Originally posted by xDisconnections Looks like Sky Princess will be launching with Ocean Medallion. See Activities & Entertainment for MedallionNet WiFi:

I find the photos on the link to be mis-leading. Although the Retreat Pool is mentioned, there is no drawing of what it will look like with all the cabins around it.

Also the Princess Live! photo is of the hallway, not of the venue itself.

I find the photos on the link to be mis-leading. Although the Retreat Pool is mentioned, there is no drawing of what it will look like with all the cabins around it.

Also the Princess Live! photo is of the hallway, not of the venue itself.

On an iPad, when I click on the Princess Live! Photo it shows a close up of inside the venue. Looks the same as previous incarnations though. The Vista Show Lounge definitely looks different however.

Did you not like how the Wakeview Pool looked?

I don’t like the Royal, so I probable won’t like the new ship. Bring back the Grand Class ship. Narrow balconies, no side exits from the theater, an incomprehensible Horizon Court... The list goes on...

btw-They've added an exit isle to the Princess theater on both sides, with hand rails.

Yes the balconies are still smaller than other ships so if you don't choose wisely you won't get one of the larger ones.

Thankfully, the Horizon court will be Royal class with all of the dining options to be offered which for most people is an added plus. ;)

The days of the building Grand class ships are over.