RCL can you use Beverage Package, e.g. order a cocktail or glass of wine, in MDR?

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use your Beverage Package in the MDR?

Thank you.

Yes. However if you are drinking something specific they may not be able to accommodate you. I was drinking dark and stormys and they didn’t have ginger beer. I ended up walking back to the Schooner Bar to get one. My wife on the other hand was fine w/a glass of wine and/or her vodka/water/splash of cranberry.

Also as noted above finding someone to take the order can be a challenge at times. On our last trip we were fortunate to have a pretty good server and assistant who were on the ball w/drinks.

Lol. So true. Doesn’t do much good to have DP and nobody to fetch your drink in MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even if you don’t have the package and pay for drinks individually it’s no picnic trying to get one in the MDR.

Bar service in the main dining room is always very spotty with the usual shortage of bar staff. The easiest thing to do is grab a drink at a bar while heading to the dining room for your first dinner drink. Then locate a bar steward in the dining room, tip him a few dollars on the first night and you shouldn’t have a problem for the rest of the week. I have done this scenario numerous times and never had a problem getting a drink.

Here's a shocker: on the Liberty this week, a waiter was walking around the MDR selling after dinner shots!!!

I am shocked! Were the shots in regular shot glasses or the extra cost souvenir glasses?

I always ask the waiter to get me the cocktail or wine server.

Then, if necessary, I ask again.

Oh, one thing I've been meaning to ask.

If you have the 3 drinks loaded onto your card, can you ask for an after dinner drink ...... like Amereto, B&B, Baileys, etc.

Yes. However if you are drinking something specific they may not be able to accommodate you. I was drinking dark and stormys and they didn’t have ginger beer. I ended up walking back to the Schooner Bar to get one. My wife on the other hand was fine w/a glass of wine and/or her vodka/water/splash of cranberry.

Also as noted above finding someone to take the order can be a challenge at times. On our last trip we were fortunate to have a pretty good server and assistant who were on the ball w/drinks.

What is a dark & stormy? I love ginger beer.

when we were on the Brilliance in November our waiter told us we could NOT use our free drinks in the MDR.

However I met other cruisers later in the week who were shocked we had been refused service since they ate in the same dining room and had no problem using theirs..:rolleyes:

Hopefully all servers on all ships have gotten the same message by now...:D

when we were on the Brilliance in November our waiter told us we could NOT use our free drinks in the MDR.

However I met other cruisers later in the week who were shocked we had been refused service since they ate in the same dining room and had no problem using theirs..:rolleyes:

Hopefully all servers on all ships have gotten the same message by now...:D

Nope. It's hardly all ships that are allowing drink vouchers in the MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is a dark & stormy? I love ginger beer.

Dark rum and ginger beer. Some people including me like a lime or a splash of lime juice.

Goslings dark rum is the most common and is what they served on my cruise (Navigator). Goslings also makes ginger beer (you may know that) but I like Stoli’s ginger beer better.

So it’s a specific person that serves drinks . I’ve only ordered bottles of wine before and our waiter has brought it out and we serve ourselves mostly . Did not realise there was a wine waiter . I’m on drinks package this time so I’ll be wanting wine by the glass . Do they serve baileys or equivalent after dinner ? I’m new to this . Thank you

Also in the MDR when they take your card often it is a long time before they bring your card back, sometimes it is only when you are leaving the restaurant.