Murano?

39august

Also, I have seen two different menus for Murano. One showed chateaubriand (sp) and one showed "trio of filets" instead. What is the current menu please?

In December on Reflection the Chateaubriand was on the menu, and yes you can order more than 1 starter.

Is that the only "steak" option? I would like to get the lobster, but my husband will want red meat. (not venison).

They had a nice pork belly appetizer which was really filling. The chateaubriand for two was outstanding.

Lobster was great to see it prepared table side but I did not consider it a lobster. At least, not a cold water lobster. Big different in taste.

Is that the only "steak" option? I would like to get the lobster, but my husband will want red meat. (not venison).
I have ordered the lobster and they were willing to prepare Chateaubriand for DH even though it's listed on the menu as "Chateaubriand for two."

On the Reflection (this past Nov-Dec for 21 days) we dined in Murano 10 times...and loved every meal :). We noticed another nearby table (2 top) where the gentleman has the Chateaubriand (normally for 2) while his lady companion enjoyed her Dover Sole. As I recall the Chateaubriand was the only steak on the menu, but it was divine. We dined one evening in the Lawn where we had a different cut of beef, and the Tuscan (our least favorite venue on X) has several steak offerings.

Hank

On Silhouette the only dish prepared table side, besides the crepe, was the lobster, I had it, my DH did not. I'm sure one of us could have ordered the steak Diane if we had wanted it. We ate there 5 out of 7 nights and were determined to try items we usually don't because the Dover Sole is a favorite. Between us we had the sole, lobster, venison, duck, lamb, sea bass and veal. Enjoyed all of them but my DH said he venison was hard to digest.

I have ordered the lobster and they were willing to prepare Chateaubriand for DH even though it's listed on the menu as "Chateaubriand for two."

We have both ordered the lobster and also gotten the Chateaubriand for a "surf and turf". In reality I suppose that's two entrees each. we've done it a few times and it's never been a problem.

At Murano can you get two starters for no extra cost?Hard to choose just one!

No charge for us last year. Also got a lobster entrée with the steak, again no upcharge. The staff knows us well enough.. we tip extra & I think they give us more as a result. Being in the hospitality industry it works for us.

Two starters are not an issue. I was questioned once when I asked for three but it all worked out in the long run. I wanted soup, salad and an appetizer plus my entree and I explained that I do not eat dessert so was able to get what I wanted. Now, I just order an appetizer and/or either soup or salad because I am stuffed to the gills if I order all three starters.

Multiple starters were never an issue. They did the chateaubriand just for me, instead of 2, and while the lobster presentation is fun, I agree that the lobster itself is slightly below mediocre. However, I am from Boston and have easy access to Maine lobsters year round so you know......if you don't and don't know the difference, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Caribbean lobster they use.

• 3 months later...
On the Reflection (this past Nov-Dec for 21 days) we dined in Murano 10 times...and loved every meal :). We noticed another nearby table (2 top) where the gentleman has the Chateaubriand (normally for 2) while his lady companion enjoyed her Dover Sole. As I recall the Chateaubriand was the only steak on the menu, but it was divine. We dined one evening in the Lawn where we had a different cut of beef, and the Tuscan (our least favorite venue on X) has several steak offerings.

Hank

We followed your advice. Murano was outstanding (6 nights out of 11). Service incredible and nearly every dish perfect. The fish courses, in particular, were excellent. LCG and TG were not a patch on it.

Is there a better restaurant at sea?

We followed your advice. Murano was outstanding (6 nights out of 11). Service incredible and nearly every dish perfect. The fish courses, in particular, were excellent. LCG and TG were not a patch on it.

Is there a better restaurant at sea?

Murano is excellent, but Jacques & Polo grill on Oceania Riviera were better & NO surcharge.

Murano is excellent, but Jacques & Polo grill on Oceania Riviera were better & NO surcharge.
Although that's technically true, you'll also pay quite a bit more per person for your cruise fare than on Celebrity. At least $1000 for similar accommodations, so in essence, you're paying for the privilege.

We have both ordered the lobster and also gotten the Chateaubriand for a "surf and turf". In reality I suppose that's two entrees each. we've done it a few times and it's never been a problem.

We've done that as well. The first time we did it, it was suggested by our waiter when we were undecided about the Chateaubriand or the Lobster Murano. He suggested that we do both. Subsequent to that time, we've done it often (and they didn't know us well;)).

We've done that as well. The first time we did it, it was suggested by our waiter when we were undecided about the Chateaubriand or the Lobster Murano. He suggested that we do both. Subsequent to that time, we've done it often (and they didn't know us well;)).

We had it too, but was actually our least favourite main course which tells you how good the others were - Turbot was delicious, as was the Dover sole (had a lemon, butter and garlic sauce instead), the sea bass and the lamb.

Also, at home, we get really excellent grass fed organic beef so most restaurants fail to match the quality of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Policy applies all over the ship. If you see something you want on the menu, just order it. Two entres? Sure. 6 appetizers? No problem.

By the way, Murano is hands-down the highest rated specialty dinning on the ship (by passengers). Therefore they are often booked and therefore rarely offer discounts. However, there may still be discounts available, starting with a 50% discount on the first night and on lobster night, subject to availability. Keep in mind these are also the best nights to eat at no additional cost in the MDR.

We have ordered surf and turf several times and have never had a problem. You can also order Steak Diane if you let Murano's know at least 24hrs ahead of time that this is what you'd like to order.